F1 2011 Tip of my hat to Codies

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Mark Reynolds

Physics & AI Programmer
Well I tip my hat to codemasters with this one, 2010 was a let down for me personally but 2011 I am enjoying more and more every time I fire some laps in it, sure it's not a full blown sim but enough to be a fun and enjoyable game, if they can just tighten up the QA a little more and smooth out some of the options to make the game more flexible (and add an in session save for people with not much time like me lol) I for one will happily but into further iterations in the future.

Credit and kudos where it's due, enjoying myself with this one, now where's my refund for 2010 ? Lol

What are you talking about? 2010 was a great game and to be honest I never got why people put it down so much. At the time there was no other F1 game that even came relatively close to it in graphics, features (career mode/multi etc), and realism. Did it have its share of problems? Sure it did, but it was also the first popular F1 game in a long time so they basically had to make the game from scratch, design all the tracks, make the way the cars handled and so on. In F1 2011 with the foundation down all they had to do was improve everything to make it a lot better. No matter if you thought F1 2010 was the best game ever made or not, you have to take your hat off to Codemasters for taking to the time create an excellent F1 game, one that I know personally I've been waiting for since 2001.

Loved F1 2010, modded it to the extreme, loving F1 2011 even more. Started to add some of the HD helmets, cars etc and the latest track updates. So far every race has been a joy to play and I've got the balance just right it seems with regards to the difficulty (have to really stay on it to get a good result). Had a few early glitches with a save game issue but the latest ATI 11.9 drivers seem to have put that to bed. Well done Codemasters. Well done.
(Just waiting for Diablo III now)

Well that's why we are all different, I am very glad you enjoyed 2010, out of the box with no mods the game wasn't for me however, the driving model in particular didn't suit or interest me, along with the other problems.

Out of the box with no mods 2011 does suit me and I am enjoying it for what it already is, for that I tip my hat.

given the situation CM was in to make f1 2010, it turned out surprisingly well. It was basically a modding grounds, but still very enjoyable. Break slam was kind of a stupid habit that i have carried into 2011. 2011 feels kind of like 2010 with a ton of mods.

Well I tip my hat to codemasters with this one, 2010 was a let down for me personally but 2011 I am enjoying more and more every time I fire some laps in it, sure it's not a full blown sim but enough to be a fun and enjoyable game, if they can just tighten up the QA a little more and smooth out some of the options to make the game more flexible (and add an in session save for people with not much time like me lol) I for one will happily but into further iterations in the future.

Credit and kudos where it's due, enjoying myself with this one, now where's my refund for 2010 ? Lol

I agree, I think it's superb. It is let down by all the glitches and trouble it takes to get the game up and running and stable, but it is well worth the effort in the end.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back