1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Timing gate issue (rFactor)

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by MaxAttack, Dec 3, 2009.

1. I am having trouble with a tracks timing gates. The problem is, its only gives a lap time on 2 laps not on each lap.
    I have changed the gates around and used different settings to place them and still only times every 2 laps?
    Can somebody suggest where I'm going wrong. I've not had this problem before.

:coffee2:

:noidea:

:doh:

2. time gates , xfinish needs to be over the start/finish line and inside the pits, if not they will miss reported the laps.like your getting,reports every two laps.also check the pit in/out arent inside the main race track position.

3. To make a lap count, you need to pass through xfinish (starts the timer) then checkpoint1 and checkpoint2 and back past xfinish ( stops the timer for that lap then restarts it for the next lap).
    Is it a circuit or an A to B? If it's an A to B you need an extra set of xfinish and both checkpoints, ie,
    |garage| _ |cp1001| _ |cp2002| _ (startline)+|xfinish1001| _ |cp1| _ |cp2| _ | xfinish|

4. Loop or Point to Point?

I suggest turning on visibility for the timing planes use the HUD to make sure the collision is being detected.

5. Thanks Banger, mianiak and lordpantsington. :peace:

Mianiak, it was the checkpoints. I had checkpoint 2 before checkpoint 1. Now it works perfectly.

:thanks:

I should of mentioned it was a loop track too BTW.

Should be done in the next 24h. I will post it here on RD.
    Cheers guys.