Time Zone Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to produce a time zone converter but, while browsing Addons for Firefox I came across something called Foxclocks.

This sits in the status bar and will display your time zone along with any number of the worlds time zones. (Limited to the length of the status bar). It is possible to float them.

The selection menu is primarily country or, city based but, alongside each is the timezone nemonic ie, CEST, GMT etc.

Quite nifty in that you can set any of the clocks to display a colour during a given time period.

Ray.

If you have Windows 7 you can add additional custom clocks to the system tray, meaning you wouldn't even have to open your browser. Also, it's Desktop Gadgets feature has various clock apps available for download that will display on your desktop. If you do not have Windows 7 then you can download Yahoo Widgets, which is essentially the same thing.

However, you will ahve the browser open when you are considering signing into a race via a 'Website'??

Maybe, but if you are really that confused about a race being held in a different timezone to your own, then you'll have to open your browser every time you want to check to see if it's time to race. Bit easier to have a clock right in front of you, wouldn't you say?

Third party stuff is OK but,...

What do you think a FireFox addon is? It's third-party stuff. If you had produced one yourself, it would be third-party stuff. Everything is third-party if it doesn't come built in as standard. So what? It doesn't mean the quality or functionality is any worse.

and Win 7!!?? Not a chance!

Perhaps you missed the part where I said that Yahoo Widgets do the exact same thing? Win7 haters can use them on old OSs too.

I think you, sir, are missing the point.

I WAS going to produce a third party 'STAND ALONE' program until I found Foxclocks. Which, btw, is a Add-On and not Stand Alone.

As for the system tray option. Yes, well and good. But, all I am interested in is an instant evaluation of the time of day a race is taking place while I am looking at the race info. And this is the cry of many.

Ray.

Third party stuff is OK but,...

You said that mate, not me. The words 'stand alone' are not in that sentence. :rolleyes:

However, I think you are missing the point of my original post. You gave FireFox users an option for working out timezones. I gave non-Firefox users multiple options for working out timezones. Now everyone has options. So what's the problem?

OK pal,

The threads all yours.

I wont be comming here again.

That's a rather sad overreaction if ever I saw one. This is a public forum which means that people are free to post their own comments, opinions, alternatives, criticism, or whatever else they think is relevant to the thread at hand. Posting a thread does not give anyone the right to determine who can post and what they may or may not say. But that's fine Ray. If you can't handle other people's opinions differing from yours then perhaps public forums aren't for you.

The really odd thing is that this wasn't even a difference of opinion... you just object to me offering alternative solutions to the 'problem' you described, making the thread relevant to everyone instead of just the users of a specific browser. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back