F1 2010 Time Trials pt2, #20 - Melbourne, Australia (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
RDTT.jpg

Welcome back after the mid-season break!

This week's circuit, to tie in with the Australian GP, is of course Melbourne, and the conditions are Dry!

Closing date for entries is Sunday 27th March 6.00 am GMT (race start time)

A reminder of the rules:

No assists are allowed.
Custom setups are allowed.
A screenshot (PC) or photo (PS3/XBOX) of the leaderboard showing your time must be uploaded to the forum for verification.

Have fun!

circuit_map_aus.jpg

Track map courtesy of FIA website

Had to settle for a 1:22.016 since I never took screenies before hand, your right though plenty of space in Q3 although I was getting a fair bit of time in P1 from slip streaming and getting lucky with the traffic :p So its a trade off I guess.

Oh bugger hadn't realised that the end time and day had been changed so haven't put a time up this week....

Seems this is getting a bit confused with both competitions in one thread too :s

That'll teach me for not getting on here for a few days *lol*

Well, despite 5 pages of jibba-jabba, and a thread hijack regarding the Virgin competition (yawn) we only had 3 actual valid entries to the RD TT Comp as per the rules set out by James on the first post! Like Peter, I forgot it finished on sunday this week, so looks like im not setting a time either!

Here are the winning times -

#1 Viktor Andersson - 1:19.552
#2 Steve Stoop - 1:21.536
#3 Scott Webber - 1:25.194

Here are the rules as a reminder -

A reminder of the rules:

No assists are allowed.
Custom setups are allowed.
A screenshot (PC) or photo (PS3/XBOX) of the leaderboard showing your time must be uploaded to the forum for verification.

And here is why your time didnt count -

Piet Dekimpe - DSQ - screen shot evidence required, not video.
kelaroost - DSQ - screen shot needs to be taken on the leaderboard so we can see your time is not assisted.
Kemal Tasyaran - DSQ - Screen shot provided shows this is an assisted time. (>>> symbols)

Well done to the winners and all who gave it a go.

lockinfo.jpg

Piet Dekimpe - DSQ - screen shot evidence required, not video.

I know you're only following the set rules paul, but that's maybe being a bit pedantic. We need a bit of discretion here I think :tongue:The leaderboard of his laptime unassisted is CLEARLY shown at the end of the video. That's surely enough evidence to qualify proof he did it unassisted, which is all the screenshot is normally for.

also, the virgin competition is pretty much a TT competition as well on the same track, just in a crap car in GP mode but with TT settings (blame virgin for not listening to me lol) so I wouldn't exactly call it a thread hijack ;)

I know it won't count for this competition but I think I'll give it another go on this track in TT just to improve as I'm thinking I can get into the 1.20s now that I've perfected my setup over the weekend (based on viktors' with a few tweaks, mostly to gearing and alignment settings)

I meant to ask this Viktor: Why is your 7th gear so high, no way you can hit the full revs with it set so high. Do you think it's faster like this or do you just not use 7th and have longer 6th because of that?

I know you're only following the set rules paul, but that's maybe being a bit pedantic. We need a bit of discretion here I think :tongue:The leaderboard of his laptime unassisted is CLEARLY shown at the end of the video. That's surely enough evidence to qualify proof he did it unassisted, which is all the screenshot is normally for.

Im not trying being pedantic although I can see it may be interpreted that way. Yes there are rules, but mainly its just a time issue, meaning I dont have time to sit and watch a video to extract the information when a screen shot hasnt been provided, and the time isnt even mentioned in the post.

James may have a different view when he checks up on the thread, and thats up to him as its his competition.
Im trying to help out, so its not really my call to bend the rules for Piet, as it could be perceived as favouritism by those who followed the rules and did post the requested evidence.

also, the virgin competition is pretty much a TT competition as well on the same track, just in a crap car in GP mode but with TT settings (blame virgin for not listening to me lol) so I wouldn't exactly call it a thread hijack ;)

Maybe a thread joyride rather than hijack :D but if its not dedicated TT mode and its not a TT Leaderboard screen shot as evidence (proving no assists were used) then to me - its not valid for this competition. As ive already said above, James may have a different view when he checks up on the thread, and thats up to him as its his competition.

lockinfo.jpg

Im not trying being pedantic although I can see it may be interpreted that way. Yes there are rules, but mainly its just a time issue, meaning I dont have time to sit and watch a video to extract the information when a screen shot hasnt been provided, and the time isnt even mentioned in the post.

James may have a different view when he checks up on the thread, and thats up to him as its his competition.
Im trying to help out, so its not really my call to bend the rules for Piet, as it could be perceived as favouritism by those who followed the rules and did post the requested evidence.

Fair enough matey. I wasn't personally calling you pedantic btw, more that the rules might be relaxed a little when there's good enough proof. But I've been there before with trying to change things, and got told off, lol. :D But yeah, I did watch the video all the way through, and there is enough proof imo. BUT, I'm sure Piet is probably not too bothered anyway as he hasn't said anything, so yeah, might as well just leave it as it is.

I meant to ask this Viktor: Why is your 7th gear so high, no way you can hit the full revs with it set so high. Do you think it's faster like this or do you just not use 7th and have longer 6th because of that?

Gear setup isnt my best :) I often adjust those after I post my setups here cause I realise that they often are abit high, no the 7th gear doesnt almost even start to "scream" so yea it should be reduced a little bit.

I did this time on Friday, but went away on the weekend and didn't upload the screenshot in time. You don't have to believe me or post it up; nonetheless, this is my time, and congrats to Viktor for being in another world. :)

2011-03-28_00002.jpg

I did this time on Friday, but went away on the weekend and didn't upload the screenshot in time. You don't have to believe me or post it up; nonetheless, this is my time, and congrats to Viktor for being in another world. :)

View attachment 36334

Thx Derek, and your time isnt bad either! Keep practise and improve times! :)

@Steve

I lowered the 7th gear by 2 steps and all other gear by 1step and now I did under 1:19.5(1:19.489)! So if you use other setups by me, dont think that the gears is perfect:D

@ Paul, thank you for sorting through that

@ Roman, the rules are there, and have been from the start, and they won't be changed. I'd happily let Piet's time stand this time, but the screenshots are a must as proof in future competitions. Not only is it time consuming having to watch though a vido, but in some cases, like mine at work, streaming video (like youtube) is restricted to prevent high network traffic, and if there are people browsing through iphone, the 3g connection in the uk for some network is to poor to play the video as the buffer speed is too slow.

To summarise, you guys are welcome to chat about the virgin tt cop within the discussion for this one, but to be considered for your time on this competiton ,the rules must be followed, no matter how pedantic this seems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 184 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 243 13.5%