F1 2010 Time Trial Week #8 Marina Bay, Singapore (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Marina Bay (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Friday next at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Guys good news I found my problem with the playback its down to the puddle fix ive removed it and its back as standard so ill get a video up tomorrow evening sorry its late in the week I would do it now or tomorrow morning but im in work then.

@Mike Bad news give em hell if they aint got another in time.

Well wot a day, started great, after much tweaking, including wheel settings i quickly got my time down to 150.2?? an knew i could get into the 40s so feelin really pleased, i had to do a bit of shopping an see a couple of friends, but wen i got back my freakin XBox had shut itself down, fearing the worse i turned it on only to find my hard fought time had not been saved OR the settings !!!! so after mopping up the puddle of tears i got back to tryin to at least match it, THEN (those of a sensitive nature may not want to read on) the wheel gave up after less than a week !!!!! an it dawned on me that i'd reserved the last one argos had, (Bare with, there is hope lol) so like a crack addict ripping the furniture up in desperation, i started to see if i could fix the broken one my m8 had loaned me (i'm nearly there !) and after having to drill holes in the casing to at the inside i managed to FIX IT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :bang: not long put it back together...ish (i'll post the pics sometime) an had to re-set the wheel etc but i cant believe its workin, an well done if u read this far lol.

@Andrew, nice 1, look forward to the vid, an i'll go a bit easier on them now lol,

@Fahad, well done u ! you'll have to let me know more re the race an result ! i managed to get a 150.6?? (u could check on yr xbox) Graham was online earlier tnte but had to give up after gettin to drunk to make the first corner LMAO, anyway a lil sleep for me an a long day behind the wheel tryin to go sub 150 ! My fingers are like fat sausages after all this typin lol

@mike - sounds like quite an adventurous time you had..
oh i will give you a link to your second test race.. i managed to finish in third.. as all the aliens crashed out.. haha..

but its great to know that you guys are getting there..
i will suggest you still use the quickest setup provided by the engineer, and maybe increase the front wing to around 4~5 and give it a go.. and also
make sure the engine is on standard mode, then when you start the hotlap, switch it to fast, that always gives you better output, as its a bug i guess..

and im waiting for you guys to come down to 40s

you can check out small promo vid of Season 12.. with highlights from Test Race 1

Congrats, a podium place ! I'll check out yr vid in a bit, I find that unless I really soften up the anti roll bars I jus can't stop spinning out, esp in the wet, but I'm always up for tips to experiment with, I'm slowly gettin there, roll on a dry TT lol,

Hi all,

No further update from me I'm afraid.. my daughter got home yesterday so I was catching up with her after I finished work for most of the evening with a film on in the background. Working all day today and then straight off to a pantomime afterwards so won't be home until after 9 and then hopefully I'll get my last short stint until after Christmas. Really hope I can get some improvement….

@Mike.. feeling really bad about the wheel seeing as I said it was ok.. had mine for about a month and haven't had any issues with it so far. Definitely get it back to Argos though and even if they can't replace it you'll get your money back.

@Fahad glad things went well in the race.. looking forward to checking it out if you get that link sorted. And thanks for the tips.. something I hope I can try out tonight.

@Andrew.. glad my little comment gave you a laugh…. it's all good ;)

@Mike - Glad you got the other wheel working, I hope those ones aren't all bad because I suspect that's the one I'll be getting from Santa.

@Fahad - I'm sure the three of us will get below 1:50 if we get a chance of a few undisturbed laps. I had the time last night but I'd consumed too much alcohol to make it round turn 3. I'm hoping to get another chance tonight.

@Mike - Glad you got the other wheel working, I hope those ones aren't all bad because I suspect that's the one I'll be getting from Santa.

@Fahad - I'm sure the three of us will get below 1:50 if we get a chance of a few undisturbed laps. I had the time last night but I'd consumed too much alcohol to make it round turn 3. I'm hoping to get another chance tonight.

@Graham, well i hope Santa whips out his sack an gives u the same, as ive just gone 149.697 OHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYES tbh this wheel its several years old an to my knowledge never gone wrong an this one was upgraded, so i reckon u'll be over the moon wit yours as they're a very good wheel, i tweaked the wheel settings tday which is wot made the difference so if u want to no my settings (i no there r much faster guys on here lol, but we're so close mine may be more to your liking ! )

@Hammer, thanx m8 an dont worry, i just may be a natural born (wheel) killer lol, anyway, a good time is good but a good Daughter is PRICELESS so enjoy your time wit your family an the times will tumble !

Need some sleep as i only got 3 hours last nte thanx to the "wheel-gate scandal" an will give it another go later maybe

Good job Mike.... great to see one of us under the 1:50 mark :)

Nice comment too, couldn't argue with that :)

@Graham.. an alccohol free night and you could be leaving me up in the 1:50's alone *lol* Good luck. Even if I don't get on myself I'll check to see what time you have managed.

Im getting to the end of my tether here last night I managed to record no problem with fraps (but with bad times), now all of a sudden as soon as I get a decent lap time the video is jumping back and forwards the entire way through, 1:41.661 took me a ton of attempts to get a replay that would work to start off with and when I did this lap and the replay actually wasnt black I nearly fell off my chair only to find its stuttering, ill give it a few more attempts but to say the least beating that time is now gonna be really really hard.

(Edit) done a ton more laps got a 1:41.460 video popped up fine and now fraps wont start recording so im about to do a system reboot and go yet again, I will get a replay even if it takes me all night.

(Edit Edit) Ok ive officially given up if anyone wants me to upload this stuttery lap I will do so but its gonna come with an epilepsy warning.

@Andrew - why you always find it so hard to record a vid?? i mean if your best is 1.41.. that means you should constantly be able to do 1.42 without any issue..
when i recorded the vid, i did 5 constant laps of 1.46 and then the sixth was the time i recorded..
i wanted to see how you drive a 1.41.. coz i dont believe the ghost cars anyway.. its screwed up at times..

@Hammer - i think i will edit the race replay today.. will give you guys the link.. btw, did you see our promo vid.. nothing spectacular though..

@Andrew - even if Tomas turned up.. im pretty sure he would be around the humanly time mark.. but i doubt that he will..

@Graham - dude, if i were around ya.. i wouldnt let you be drunk all alone during this holiday season..

@Andrew - why you always find it so hard to record a vid?? i mean if your best is 1.41.. that means you should constantly be able to do 1.42 without any issue..
when i recorded the vid, i did 5 constant laps of 1.46 and then the sixth was the time i recorded..
i wanted to see how you drive a 1.41.. coz i dont believe the ghost cars anyway.. its screwed up at times..

@Hammer - i think i will edit the race replay today.. will give you guys the link.. btw, did you see our promo vid.. nothing spectacular though..

@Andrew - even if Tomas turned up.. im pretty sure he would be around the humanly time mark.. but i doubt that he will..

@Graham - dude, if i were around ya.. i wouldnt let you be drunk all alone during this holiday season..

The consistancy isnt a problem Fahad its getting black screens when going to replay that happens the most, im already uploading 1 to youtube but you will see what I mean by the video. its 1.8GB and unedited not had a chance to yet. so tomorrow now. I just hope by the wording you have used your not implying that im cheating.

If all else fails ill have a go at a reinstall of my machine back to bare bones, hopefully its something thats on my machne that is buggering me about, cos i doubt its about system performance.

(edit) 671mins for upload so ill be at work then title on youtube is "F1 2010 Singapore Wet 1:41.596" if anyone wants to look at it in about 11-12 hours time.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.8%