F1 2010 Time Trial Week #8 Marina Bay, Singapore (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Hey everyone,

This post is unofficial and the track may turn out not to be the one we get to race hopefully if it is then Anthony can merge it with his own official topic.

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Marina Bay (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Friday next at 9pm (UK Time) (Unconfirmed)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Id love to get a video out today ive been trying to make a decent lap but its just so damn cold im shivering all the time, just not possible atm been on there for what 2 hours now and I get a 1:41.9 only to remember we have to start each individual restart from the gaaarage or ge tthe black screen, so ill have another go later but dont hold your breath today. glad my setups could help you even if it is only my base setup for every track.

@Graham im the same to even when it was a decent warm temp in here id go an hour without a lap, theres just that many akward corners...

Hee Hee, @Graham. Well that's not very nice i've been racing against your old ghost car an soooooo near 151.9 an now u tell me you've knocked 2 seconds of that !!!! lol, well done m8, i guess i'm gonna have to try that set up to (groan) tho i really doubt i'll have the patience to wait for hoped for improvement !

@Graham nice job matey.. good to know that you've knocked 2 seconds of your time. I am hoping to try out that setup tonight as it may be my last chance!! So much going on this week that I may have to leave this TT with my 1:51 time. Got on of my daughters coming to stay over Christmas \ New Year and 2 of my step-daughters and one of the grankids staying from Christmas Eve to after Boxing day so could be some time before I get back behind the virtual wheel :(

@Mike Looks like just you and me in the 1:50's mate.. don't leave me there on my own *lol*

@ Hammer lmao, sorry m8 I've already spent to long learning this track an jus started tryin Andrews set up + a few tweaks an desperate to get into the 40s, jus cancel christmas, I'm sure they'll understand lol @Tadger, I'm xbox an a couple more I think an the rest on PC, wot about u ?

@Hammerpgh - I was a 1:52.2xx I think and now I'm a 1:50.xxx so still the three of us although I do expect to get below eventually.

What's this talk of a Christmas break, is this the SPL now? I've got a wheel winging it's way to me on Xmas day so I'll be playing regardless of what my kids are doing. lol Maybe we could decide the new track on the 24th and just extend the closing date by a couple of days for those who won't be playing over Xmas.

For those outside of Scotland the SPL, Scottish Premier League (Foolball), are talking about having a winter break next year.

@tadger144 - Most of us have gamer tags next to our names so you can tell which platform we play on from that. Those with multiple ID's generally play on PC.

I'm with Graham, I've already cancelled Christmas so I could get a head start on u lot whilst yr all stuffed an bloated like festive beached whales lol, just plz Santa make it DRY or Rudolph gets it !!!! ;-) So Graham, yr time of 150. Is the one wit Andrews set up ? ie u didn't knock 2 secs off 150 ?

Im basically like you guys ill be playing all day christmas, nothing gets in the way of my gaming. starting to really wonder where Anthony is hes been afk for a week now. I did leave a note on his visitiors messages.

Attachments

• Marina Bay Wet.jpg
    Marina Bay Wet.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 228
Cancel Christmas.... try telling the lot I'll have here over the weekend. I reckon after tonight I will really struggle to get on again much before Monday evening: $ gonna get withdrawal symptoms for sure. Trouble is every room will have someone sleeping in it so nowhere to go hide for a quick spell!!!

@ Mike - No, 1:50.xxx is still my time, didn't get on tonight at all.

@Hammerpgh - Same here, Mum, Mother-in-law and possibly the odd Sis-in-law/Niece/Nephew staying but I can move the Xbox to whichever room has a free TV. lol

DAMN Fahad, that some serious ass lapage lol, Spa is my fave track, yet to do dome serious time on it yet but hopefully it'll come up in the TT soon, good luck for tonight, PS i saw yr vid "Wierd accident" happened to me a few times, the first time freaked me out as its so unexpected an rude lol, don't no wot a test race is as such but let us no how u get on !

@Mike - A League for F1 is starting in mid Jan 2011.. so we are all preparing for the league and trying out the car, its handling, physics and stuffs.. so hence the 100% Race Weekend Test Races..
btw, wat your update on Marina Bay (WET).. below 1.50s already??

Very nearly, 150. 863, hope to be in the 40's in next day or so, I just can't understand how u guys can post the times u do, I'm experimenting a lot wit set ups so I can understand how it works etc, but even when i watch the vids, those cars r on rails, I hate it in the wet an no I'm far to tentative but I'm glad in a way as I guess wont improve unless I put the time in an simply wouldn't if it wasn't for the TTs,

I always go with the default quick setup.. and once i have done a clean and perfect lap (in my perspective), i will then try to mess around with the tuning. Unfortunately, i hate the WET condition too, so i didnt bother again to give it a go this week..

I finally managed to get a short stint in last night.. not until just before midnight though , first time the wife has sat down to watch tv for the evening in ages!!! so only had a short while to check things out. I tried the Andrew setup and my first reaction after going straight on at the first turn was "WHOA!!! how the hell do you drive this" *lol* Anyway, I stuck with it for the duration and managed to get one lap fractionally below my best but that was as much as I could do so still in the 1:51's. May get another short stint tonight with a bit of luck and hope to at least break into the 1:50's but with so little time I reckon anything below that is not on the cards.

@Fahad that sounds brilliant. I used to love the old Grand Prix Legend online leagues at VROC but need to really sharpen the ol' driving before I can attemtpt anything similar here.

@Graham I have no hope of a free tv here *lol* Wife and 5 year old daughter, plus my 21 year old daughter here for the christmas break, 2 step-daughters and one of their fiances and a 2 and a half year old grand daughter... I could do with a room to hide away but it ain't gonna happen *lol*

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%