F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Generally for setups in the rain:
More downforce because of decreased grip
Softer springs
Ballast can be moved backward for more understeer in corners where you easily spin out
Engine map to cruise for less spinning out (standard can be used with good throttle control)
Brake pressure always soft to not lock up the brakes
Higher toe values to improve responsiveness
Gears can be set longer to avoid wheel spin

Thanks for posting your setup and video (another excellent time), Tomas, I can't wait to try that out. I can't figure how you're shifting - it sounds weird on the downshift - are you just doing it super fast with the paddles? Whatever it is, the car stops very quickly.

Well just managed my 1:26.862 better than I predicted, and unless someone else submits a setup I doubt ill improve much more, hopefully thats pretty quick for a Lotus. Took me about 50 attempts.

@Graham sorry brake balance should be 50/50 and the higher gears have changed still needs tweaking though. It'll be nice to see what someone else does in a Lotus so we can compare.

@Tomas Seems our setups vary massively looks like you have a very smooth driving style where as I tend to have a really loose car.

p.s The Lotus needs to have minimal aero to keep up to pace with you guys it would just get mugged on the straights otherwise.

p.p.s If anyone knocks me out of 10th place ill be very annoyed so please have a heart :)

Attachments

• Melbourne Wet.PNG
    Melbourne Wet.PNG
    186.2 KB · Views: 205
I didn't get a chance to try it out, my better half got home from work and took over the TV, I'll give it a try tomorrow though. You guys are getting some amazing times, I got down to 1:33.089 earlier but I know I can go quite a bit quicker, I'm pretty happy with that anyway for my first attempt at manual gears. Be interesting to see how I do with the Lotus.

Thanks for posting your setup and video (another excellent time), Tomas, I can't wait to try that out. I can't figure how you're shifting - it sounds weird on the downshift - are you just doing it super fast with the paddles? Whatever it is, the car stops very quickly.

Thanks, Derek!
I record replays and the sound is different there. You cant really hear the downshifts in the same way, that distinct sound is gone. You should be able to see it on the wheel though.
I try not to downshift too fast cause it tends to lock up the rear wheels sometimes.

Andrew, Pretty cool to see a lotus that high up without assists ;)

Thanks, Derek!
I record replays and the sound is different there. You cant really hear the downshifts in the same way, that distinct sound is gone. You should be able to see it on the wheel though.
I try not to downshift too fast cause it tends to lock up the rear wheels sometimes.

Andrew, Pretty cool to see a lotus that high up without assists ;)

Thats nothing go see Montreal in the Wet...

oh you ppl.. i haven't been around for a day.. and always 7 pages.. i see the competition is going just fine.. well haven't been able to put in a lap yet.. hopefully i can do it tonight.. and by the looks of it.. melbourne being my worst track.. i think i will be lucky if i can go below 1.30's..
lets see still.. need to give it a go sooon...

why don't we do these time-trials, all in a same car?

For instance, in the tt specs we choose the same car, and post the times.. Than it would be fair enough, and more fun.
Let say, start with the Virgins on MonteCarlo, finish with McLarens on Bahrein or whatever.

Just a suggestion, and i am not posting my time, since i am FAAAAAAAR off the pace :):)

Well, after reading about the monthly TT competition on here yesterday I decided to take the plunge last night and removed all assists, went to manual gears and set off on a wet Melbourne track for an hours practice to see how I fared. Wow what a difference.. the game feels so much better when you are not relying on some of the assists. I previously had been running with ABS off, TC on medium, racing line on for corners and auto gears so to get rid of everything was a bit daunting and to top it off I had previously been riding on the behind cockpit view but went for the full realism with the cockpit last night so it was a major change for me. Actually the biggest difficulty for me was losing the racing line in the corners as I really struggle to hit the right point now. I am finding it much more enjoyable though but am not able to get anywhere in terms of times just yet. I actually woke up early this morning and decided to get up and have another bash just using one of the basic engineer wet setups and set a fastest (not sure I can really use that term for it ;) ) time of… 1:37.183.. OK now stop sniggering you lot it's just a start and hopefully I can get that down over the weekend and would be happy to get it down to somewhere near 1:30 to be honest.

Your times blow me away even more now that i have tried it for myself!!! I am going to study the videos posted and hope to get a few tips from them, especially in terms of gear changing and braking points..

Anyway, I am now on my way in the no assists \ manual gears world and although I am sure I won’t have anyone quaking in their boots I am having a lot of fun :D

Cheers all

@Hammerpgh: Exact the same story here, I just have the problem that the other half of my wedding book claims the TV all evening. I'm looking for a small tv screen or pc screen to place on the little table in the living room, so i get more test hours ;)
Ps I'm playing on ps3, does anyone knows if a tft screen works with ps3?

Ahh that'as not good.. well luckily 'the other half of my wedding book' (love that phrase.. nice one!!) is studying a counsellor degree so she is generally busy enough to leave me with at least an hour or two's 'playtime' ;) However, the little 'un (5 and half year old daughter..) is not so easy and even this morning while I was in the middle of a decent lap (well decent for me anyway...) she decided it was time to try to brush my hair :rolleyes: and I ended up sliding too wide at turn 7 I think it was and invalidated my lap :mad:

Funnily enough I was planning on using the portable tv on occassions but so far it has not been necessary and having been playing it on an 40" screen I am not sure how I would far on a little portable screen :eek:

Hmm been reading this threads, i am tempted to join in this compeition. the problem is though i cant be bothered with the hassle of taking pictures to prove im not using assists. Since i have also done most time trials with my account im going to need to make a video showing no assists with my laptime. Otherwise if i had 2 pictures i cant prove that time was done with them assists off.

Does anyone know if silver accounts can enter the leaderboard? ill just make a account and do another time with assists off then it would be on the leaderboard with the no assist icon being on.

I'm not sure I understand completely, XXDeanoXX.
To submit a valid time you need to take a screenshot or picture showing your name without the assist icon on the leaderboard, thats the only valid way. Videos are not mandatory or valid as proof of anything, as leaderboards are the only thing connected to the cheat protection in the game. At least thats the way we plan to set up the rules after new year, maybe Anthony should tell us how we should do until then..

I'm not sure how the GFWL accounts work. But it's a point that needs to be adressed I guess, if people have already submitted faster times with assists than they can do without, and still want to participate in this competition they should be allowed to.
Hopefully the GFWL account is not connected to your specific product key..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back