F1 2010 Time Trial Week #7 Melbourne, Austrailia (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Melbourne (Wet)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

do you use a wheel, Graham?

No but I'm definitely asking Santa for one.

@Jean-Francois - I realised we need a pic but I'm waiting until later in the week for a better time before I prove it. I reckon you can do better by the way, I raced your ghost and I drop behind it but catch up a lot at turns 4 and 6 (I think, I'll count later), then after that you leave me for dead.

Cool Graham ! Here's the circuit with the turns numbers. It would really help if confirmed my slowness in turns 4 and 6. I know I definately have problems with #4, even on a dry track...Can't get the appropriate line and throttle amount. I'll recheck turn 6 as I sometimes get right, sometimes not...Thanks !
02_Australia_EN_CMYK_300dpi.jpg

I improved a little, I just keep making mistakes, it's hard. I started van Rijn's setup and I've been gradually adding downforce and grip, I also made the gears longer. Here's my time, I'll be happy when I hit the top 100, that's actually my goal for every track.
photo (1).jpg

Well at the moment youre leading mate, so dont hype me down to 1,24 just yet ;) Should be a nice challenge this. I love driving in the wet! Nort particularly fond of this track though.
PS. And dont forget to post your time with a picture, some people just mentioned their lap times last week and that does'nt count as valid.

Well, you're halfway there! Nice time, I hope I can better it. :) I like the wet too, although in time trial it doesn't feel terribly wet, you can still drive quite fast. I didn't post a picture yet, was going to do so when I have a final time for the week.

Oh no wet races this means I gotta race in a Lotus :p as per my clan rules so anyone slower than this time needs to improve!!

1:28.288

(Edit) done 2 laps so far so I recon ill have a low 1.27 by the end.

Attachments

• Melbourne Wet.jpg
    Melbourne Wet.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 190
Hi, gettin a bit peed off now, posted a time wit no assists, went to leaderboard (XBOX) an my time is there but with 3 arrows, which i hear means assist !!!! i checked several times an i have NO assists other than driving on Auto, does that warrant the 3 arrows or is there something i'm missing/wrong, i know most of you are PC but can anyone shed some light as not goin to put in all the time on set ups, practice etc, if when i posted a time it looks like i'm cheating when i'm not, if it helps, it sounds like TC kicks in on corner exits an i leave tyre tracks at times, thanx in advance

Thanx Tomas, i've done that many times an ALWAYS says OFF on all ! :mad: I'll make some enquiries on an XBOX site/Forum, i know there's a lot of glitches on XB version but CM, (to my knowledge) still haven't released a patch for them, ie, can never get third sector times, etc etc !!!!! cheers bud

Well, actually CM support have answered me very quickly and tried to help when I've emailed them. The only problem with them is that they seem to be very aware of that the game has too many bugs, and they have an agenda to not admit that is the case. So if you ask about a bug, they will probably tell you to send them your dxdiag file or something and blaim it on something stupid ;P

just done some checking and i knew about quite a lot but it seems there's many more ! can't see the point of contacting CM if all i'll get is a denial, i'll keep plugging away but wont post any times till i sort it, for my own satisfaction an improvement, it would help if anyone could confirm that the sound i hear (like its seriously over revving) an tyre marks suggest TC is actually on tho the assist list says off, ho hum lol.

just to say my TC was off, just put it on full an no over revving sound which i assume is the lack of TC plus after a few laps with it on i posted a 129 495 with relative ease ! so i have the problem still of driving with no ass, but saying i am, PS didn't realise how much easier it was with just TC let alone any others, its definitely the right decision to have a Ass/nonAss comp imo

I done a 1'27.5 earlier on xbox and now about 3rd or 4th fastest on leaderboard for no assists but reckon i could get down to a 26 with a bit more practice, theres loads of time to be had through the fast chicane on the back straight.

A 1'25 pfffff :)

Hi, gettin a bit peed off now, posted a time wit no assists, went to leaderboard (XBOX) an my time is there but with 3 arrows, which i hear means assist !!!! i checked several times an i have NO assists other than driving on Auto, does that warrant the 3 arrows or is there something i'm missing/wrong, i know most of you are PC but can anyone shed some light as not goin to put in all the time on set ups, practice etc, if when i posted a time it looks like i'm cheating when i'm not, if it helps, it sounds like TC kicks in on corner exits an i leave tyre tracks at times, thanx in advance

As I found out at Silverstone last week Mike, Auto gears count as an assist. I'm struggling to get a decent time because it's my first time using manual.

@Jean-Francois - It's turns 3 and 6, you're actually very quick (by my standards) through 4. Think you just turned in a shade late on 3 and 6. I got through 3 faster than you twice and on the first occasion you blew past me on 4. I was right on your gearbox on the second last turn the second time but dropped to first gear by mistake and spun out. If I'd finished that lap I'd have been very happy. UPDATE: You obviously improved it, turn three looks much better and I can't get close enough to see you at 6 anymore.

@Andrew - 1:28.288 to beat..... it's going to be a long week for me!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.7%