F1 2010 Time Trial Week #6 Silverstone, England (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Silverstone (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Tuesday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Hello, I am nw at this forum and reading most of it just to learn things. Been following the discussion of TT to.
This made me started to ride the car without assist and, after a couple of hours, I find more satisfied with my performance as I know i do it all by myself.I wont make the times like Thomas and Co but I dont mind. I just got this 2 ideas, maybe someone could keep up the score in the first post and update it everey day, so you could easily see where you're at.
And maybe also a topic where you post al the end results of all the tt-weeks. That last thing I should use to compare myself with the driver thats just above me, and set my goals for the next TT.

Sorry for my bad English.

hi matthias. welcome to RD..
its great to know that you are able to get on without assists.. it sure is fun participating in this tt competition every week.. as we try to push ourselves to the limit..
btw, the points that you mentioned is pretty good.. i usually spend a lot of time in the forum.. maybe i could do wat u suggested.. but i dont know if the moderators would want me to do that..

We already have some more progressed ideas, as Anthony mentioned something about earlier. We are working on releasing an updated version of the time trial compeition after new year. We dont want to give out any details because:
1: we have not yet come to consencus about the new rules and features (although I feel it's almost there)
2: we want the start of it to be kind of a surprise also ;)
3: we dont have unlimited time to spend on this right now before christmas and new year + the action here will probably drop slightly during the holidays.

I think we will get more participants as a result of this and I believe most of you will appreciate it.

Dont get your hopes up about anything super fancy new web scripts with automated logs or stuff like that though, were just trying to get most out of what we have.

If you have any ideas that you think are worth considering send a pm to me or Anthony, I think Anthony are very busy right now though.

I'm not a moderator but from talking to Anthony I feel confident in saying that he wouldnt mind if someone wants to add up the weekly standings, actually on the contrary.

You got me a little nervous for a second there Fahad when I saw your typing error in the vid that says 1,24,6 ;)
I'm off work tomorrow which is the last day of this competition, I think I will have another go now that youre getting a little too close ;)

Congrats on the time!

Hi All, firstly let me say thanx for all the sharing of info, advice etc, very refreshing, i, like others have been inspired to go ass free, so to speak lol, i previously only had TC on medium, but since last night ive been tweaking an practicing my lil butt off an (mainly due to set up info on here) have just done my first sub 1.30, 129.896 to be precise lol, ass free. an dare i say more to come off as still learning some corners/breaking points, BUT could u guys help as i've always driven Auto, but hear so much about the benefit of manual which i like the idea of, but not sure how long it would set me back, having to re learn as i really want to start joining in the TT FUN, sorry for waffling on an thanx for sticking with me lol, PS i'm pretty new to video uploads of laps, fraps etc, so any advice in that dept would be appreciated to.

Hello, I am nw at this forum and reading most of it just to learn things. Been following the discussion of TT to.
This made me started to ride the car without assist and, after a couple of hours, I find more satisfied with my performance as I know i do it all by myself.I wont make the times like Thomas and Co but I dont mind. I just got this 2 ideas, maybe someone could keep up the score in the first post and update it everey day, so you could easily see where you're at.
And maybe also a topic where you post al the end results of all the tt-weeks. That last thing I should use to compare myself with the driver thats just above me, and set my goals for the next TT.

Sorry for my bad English.

Don't worry Matthias, we don't all get times like Tomas, Fahad & co, I just got a 1:31.459 earlier, looks like I'm chasing Mike Almans' time tomorrow.

Are all of you guys using PC's or are there some XBoxes out there? I'm assuming the vids are done on PC's anyway.

@Mike Alman, nice to see you here.. we would be pleased to help you.. well no one can teach you how to use manual gears by talking.. i guess the best thing for you to do is.. once you are familiar with the track, go on manual gears and see which corners you can take at which gear.. and then push yourself to the limit..

as for recording vids - you can run fraps while you are ingame.. also you can record it from replays of session, but the downside of recording from session is that, once you enter a time trial session, load up your setups and everything and just keep racing, you shouldn't restart, or go back to the garage, i think you will have 12 laps of replay.. so basically you just have to drive till you get ur perfect lap.. once done, from the race, quit to paddock, you should see the view replay option.. and then run fraps..

Hey guys,

I wasn't going to post times this week as I didn't know the track, but I finally gave it a go tonight, a good way to learn the track. So I finally did an "OK" lap, 1.29.4. I'm on the Xbl leaderboard. Damn I HATE with passion brooklands and luffield (15-16), specially the way it screws up your next lap !

Can anyone tell me if XBox Live sometimes has a delay before showing times? I got a 1:31.459 without assists last night but this morning the leaderboard still shows my best as 1:32.224 with assists. If I go in for another attempt I get the faster ghost.

well it happens sometimes.. i had several laptimes where im actually much faster than the one thats on the leaderboard.. but the thing is that during that laptime i was not connected to GFWL.. and if you are not.. the laptimes never get uploaded to the leaderboard..

Strange, I was sure I was connected at the time.

Not to worry though, I beat that time twice this morning and the fastest, 1:30.560, is showing..... with one problem, do the three stripes showing indicate that you used an assist? I didn't, unless auto gearbox counts. I'm assuming the cog means I used a custom set up which is correct, I used the one Bram Hengeveld posted on this site, although I've changed brake pressure to low. I'm not going to be happy if it looks like I used assists.

And I'll be keeping an eye out for your set up for the next track we do. I beat my time within a few laps and ended up beating it about 4 times with that set up. I know I can go faster as well, a 1:30.194 (I think) full of mistakes. Hopefully I'll get time for another few attempts later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back