F1 2010 Time Trial Week #5 Montreal, Canada (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Montreal (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Sunday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

The game is ok. Ffb has really improved. Physics are quite ok, however the braking is not always realistic, with the smallest amount of input your rear starts going. Some tracks look really good, such as nordschleife, but most of the tracks look really bad. F1 2010 tracks looks much and much better. Rally tracks for the rally stages are really bad (too wide, everything looks the same, no variety, bad textures). 2d trees and people and some low res 2d textures on 3d objects is really last gen way of designing tracks.

Still, the game is very fun to play and you can really play with your car on the track. Many of the fast premium cars are well done. But you can see, that the graphics look really dated, however they cover it up with some pretty impressive lighting. Some of the best I've seen.

I cant stand the original t-cam though. Feels like I'm floating in the air on top of the car while driving it remotely. I use a mix of cockpit and t-cam where I cant see the head bobbing around, not so realistic but enough for me to pretend I'm driving it. Or many times I use the cockpit. If you dont know the track, t-cam is faster for sure. If you really know the tracks then I think it's more a matter of what you like and are used to. I know Johnnyw on the leaderboards always use the cockpit cam, and he's submitting times even faster than paulus with it.

I think Johnnyw must then use a modified cockpit cam, because the standard ingame is very bad. However, very good of him if he drives with that.

I know some of the best drivers in the world (mostly from France), who are unbeatable in any race game when you challenge them (World champions in games such as NFS Shift, GT4 and one even set the world fastest lap in last GT5 academy competition) and I have never seen a guy with cockpit cam win a competition when other views are allowed.

There are guys that use it, but not see them winning against the very best. And no offence, but Johhnyw is not faster. Certainly not on this track. The times, I post here are not the fastest I can drive, because it is not a real competition. (I have driven a 109.062 here and I do 109.6 on average each lap). In 1st week game was released I immediately set a 109.6 on ps3 with normal dry setup first time driving, which was slower than pc version before patch. As I see in picture in post above, his time is only a 109.6 on a platform where mods can be used).

I really tried both cam views and for shure it's better with t-cam when you don't know the track. But when you know it really well, I think maybe you could have a little more precision (break and turning point) with the cockpit view...I shure like more the cockpit view for realism. To bad I can't have the mod view as I'm on xbox.

Edit: Just did 1.12.2 with a bit of practice with T-cam...So that's 1.1 seconds faster then with cockpit view for me...

I really tried both cam views and for shure it's better with t-cam when you don't know the track. But when you know it really well, I think maybe you could have a little more precision (break and turning point) with the cockpit view...I shure like more the cockpit view for realism. To bad I can't have the mod view as I'm on xbox.

Edit: Just did 1.12.2 with a bit of practice with T-cam...So that's 1.1 seconds faster then with cockpit view for me...

and thats just too big of a gap to be considered your best. Keep going! ;)

Can anyone tell me how to either get the replay file for the lap or a way to record it as I would like to show that these times are doable in the cockpit view.

Ill then post the new lap as im guessing the lap ive already done is long gone.

Well, I got back to driving tonight. I hope the deadline isn't over. Took me forever, but I finally got a 1:10.045.

I know I can do better, but I doubt I will. I'm horribly inconsistent, I've never had so much trouble getting around a race track. It was just lucky that in four hours I put together 3 pretty solid sectors in one lap and got a good time. The more I race this place the more I dislike it (or at least the curbs), even though it's my home track. Grrrrrrrr.

I can't comprehend how guys like Paulus can put up those times. They have a superpower. :eek:

1rptw1.jpg

I took the freedom to sum this up. Very tight between us. Nice to compete with you guys!​

Final score - Time Trial Week #5 Montreal, Canada (Dry)
1. Paulus Kampert - Mclaren - 1,09;273
2. Derek Kind - 1,10;045
3. Michael Gray - McLaren - 1,10;068
4. Tomas Töråsen - McLaren - 1,10;188
5. Andrew Bortz - 1,10;244
6. Fahad Gaffoor - 1,10;819
7. Ago99 - McLaren - 1,11;458​

Cheers for putting the times up on this tomas im always really busy around this time of year in work so thanks again and a big thanks to all the participants for making this really work it is really working great cheers guys for the support and great laptimes

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.5%