F1 2010 Time Trial Week #5 Montreal, Canada (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
6dquty.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Montreal (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Sunday next at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual/Auto

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

First attempt:

On a side note I dont remember if I used the green line on this lap, sometimes I use it while practicing the track and then it turns up as an assist on the leaderboards. I have to check it and accept to have to redo it if thats the case, although imo only TC, ABS and auto gears should be considered assists.

First attempt:

On a side note I dont remember if I used the green line on this lap, sometimes I use it while practicing the track and then it turns up as an assist on the leaderboards. I have to check it and accept to have to redo it if thats the case, although imo only TC, ABS and auto gears should be considered assists.

When I enter the third corner and exit the fourth one like that, I get invalid lap. when one of my front tyres touch the grass like yours did (0:28), i get penalized. so...wierd

When I enter the third corner and exit the fourth one like that, I get invalid lap. when one of my front tyres touch the grass like yours did (0:28), i get penalized. so...wierd

if you entered and exited like I did obviously you wouldnt get penalized, but I agree it's just on the edge. It's an act of faith really that corner. You have to really push it there and just hope you dont go to far inside the second apex or on the other side hit the wall. Something in the middle is probably better than what you see in my video.
I lose most time in the chicane of turn 7+8 and also the hairpin though.

I hope people dont get discouraged by having to post slower times. Paulus is for sure freakishly fast and I cant really compete with him either. According to leaderboards, and guessing cheat free times, he beat the WR with over half a second. =)

I think if only a couple of you guys post more human times, probably more will follow when they feel they can compete.

Sorry guys if I discourage people, this is not my aim. My aim is to show how fast times are done, so others can learn from it and see that it is no cheating. Over the past months on my ps3 account, I received literally hundreds if not thousand messages from people about help, give me setup, impossible blabla. After the patch on ps3, I noticed the lap times to be faster similar to PC version. However, I stopped saving my fast lap times for uploading to leaderboards in timetrial, because of all the crazy messages that otherwise pop up every hour or so. Now, being lower on the leaderboards, I don't have them anymore ;-). Also on the PC version, I use offline account. My brother plays PC version so I don't interfere.

I've indeed set an super fast laptime, but I know it is beatable ;-). I like this track very much and I don't have problems driving 109s every lap. Today, I tried on PS3 and the only difference is that the last chicane seems to be a bit more bumpy and harder to do in 5th gear, however know 109.2-3 is still doable. I did a 109.4, but didnt save it because I was not happy with it. 1st and 2nd sector went faster than my PC 109.2 lap, but I messed up last sector a bit. I don't like driving behind my ghost so I dont save it.

And just to clarify, I didnt imply that you are cheating Paulus. I think this is just the way of these competitions, many people get discouraged by posting times 3-5 seconds slower, which is probably the more average lap time on this track.

And yes, I learned alot from your video and I am using your setup. So thanks for that. I am personally so fed up by people online going full throttle every corner, no brakes and full TC. I dont mind posting slower times with fair rules without TC and only a matter of skill, it's the way it should be.

Thats a pretty good lap time actually, Fahad.

Paulus. could you describe the last chicane? I kind'a get the feeling, on some tries that I dont need to even touch the brake, and other times I totally miss it. Such a hard corner to get right in high speed.

Maybe realease throttle on that shadow on the left side, gear down to 5 to lose some speed, gently push throttle about middle of the chicane.. is that about it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back