F1 2010 Time Trial Week #17 Spa, Belgium (Wet)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Spa, Belgium (Wet)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 21st February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

There is nothing stopping you from doing this yourself.

Unfortunately, most of us have real lives and cant spend 24/7 pampering to your needs.

Im working back through them at the moment, and it takes more time than you think.

There's really no need to be rude is there? :rolleyes: I was simply making suggestions to encourage people, and I also didn't think it was my place to compile the results. Sorry my interest in your TT's offends you.

Sorry roman, I thought that would be seen as tongue in cheek, as most other posts seem to be. Sorry if that seemed rude, but it wasn't intended to be at all.

I appreciate you are trying to help pick up the numbers, but the structure we have was thought out, and I've taken it on as the guy who started it disappeared for a while, but the format sticks as it's regulated well and it is fair.

Crikey... I'm well off the pace of everyone here!! Haven't put in a great deal of time but am only on a 1:54.024 at the moment :S I usually get to roughly within 5% of the quick guys but so far I am over 12% off that pace!! I know I have a lot of time to find in the second sector.. especially turns 5-9 but can't really see myself getting below 1:50 even with if I had a decent amount of time here.

Every time I have had time to attempt a lap it has been too sunny at home. The picture is very dark at spa in the wet, and we dont have curtains in our living room yet so I can't shut the light out.

Im working tomorrow til about 7 and the mrs will want to watch tv in the evening when im home so i may not get a chance now

Keep trying Peter, I managed a very low 1:50 using Brams setup and a few tweaks - was gutted to not get into the 49's, cant find a decent braking point for the final chicane and either stop too soon or overshoot, feels like im just lucky to get through there!

I know what James means about it being difficult to see the track in the murky conditions!

No races organised for tonight so may get another chance later on.

Another short session this morning and got down to 1:52.227... On pretty much every subsequent lap I was on for a good improvement before that one fatal mistake pushing just that but too much :$ a couple of times on that last left hander which is really frustrating... So close yet so far *lol*

Good on ya guys, I only improved a by a nats whisker. This is my final time for tonight as im working lates.

Attachments

• Spa Wet.jpg
    Spa Wet.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 208
Wet in TT is a doddle and a bit of a joke. Wet in career/online with fuel and tyre wear on is a whole different ball game.

Havant set a time for this yet, might give it a go a bit later if i can be bothered (feels like i have picked up a bug and wanna sleep)

Great time Andrew, I can't believe I am ten seconds off the pace here, no idea where in the world I could find even five seconds let alone ten!! I reckon if I really put it all together for one lap I could just abt squeak under 1:50 but thats abt it...

I only improved a by a nats whisker.

Made me LOL - not heard that term for a long time!

Great time Andrew, I can't believe I am ten seconds off the pace here, no idea where in the world I could find even five seconds let alone ten!! I reckon if I really put it all together for one lap I could just abt squeak under 1:50 but thats abt it...

I know exactly what you mean - I will feel like a great achievment just getting into high 49's - but that will still be an eternity away from Bortz. Strange because I know im slower, but not normally by that margin.
I know Im losing buckets of time in the last chicane, my best time 1:50 I lost the back end on the exit, so I know if I can keep the rest of the lap the same and not spaz up the end, I should be 1:48 / 49 - hopefully.

Thought the same myself, normally I'm around 5% down but here it's more like 10%.
That chicane has cost me once or twice too but the left hander before it has cost me a good lap several times. I just drift too wide there!!

I find just a momentary lift off the gas is enough to get me round there with about 1cm to spare on the exit. But its dark and murky as hell, so hard to get the points right.

That's what I do when I get it right but I kept getting carried away this morning andf getting that turn-in just ever so sligtly wrong :s
Unfortunately Monday night is not usually a good night for me to get in any more time before the cut-off so my 1:52.2 might be my best effort for this one. I would like to get in another short spell as I know I can knock a good bit of time off but think I will probably have to settle for my mornings stint as my final one here.

Got the first round of the Xbox Reality League on Saturday so I am going to be spending some time at Bahrain trying to get that circuit down before then (it's one I really struggle to get to grips with...) ... any tips or setup advice would be appreciated... but sh.. don't tell the others ;)

I have been keeping a quite eye on the TT, but due to work,kids and the better half, I only managed a quick half hour tonight. But i did post 1:49.xxx so im pretty pleased with that, seeing how nearly everyone is struggling with this. I managed that on a basic setup, i think it was intermediate, (the one below a dry setup) but as Ive only had less than hour all week, a gold star for myself!

I have been keeping a quite eye on the TT, but due to work,kids and the better half, I only managed a quick half hour tonight. But i did post 1:49.xxx so im pretty pleased with that, seeing how nearly everyone is struggling with this. I managed that on a basic setup, i think it was intermediate, (the one below a dry setup) but as Ive only had less than hour all week, a gold star for myself!

I agree ive been struggling with this one, car understeers like crazy and for once havent managed to get in anywhere near a hundred laps

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%