F1 2010 Time Trial Week #16 Shanghai, China (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Shanghai, China (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 21st February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

Thanks James, nice choice.. I haven't run there much (just the sessions for my 20% career race back in November) but I like this track. Just finished watching Steve Stoops commentary on his race there a couple of days ago and it got me fancying a return so glad to see it chosen for this week. Goin got be interesting to see the first times that come in.. my money is on Andrew getting something up before the morning is out *lol*

I did my lap last night about 5 mins after the post was up just havent posted the time ill go get it now, should be able to go another 4/10ths quicker

1:28.480

Attachments

• Shanghai Dry.jpg
    Shanghai Dry.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 250
I would say the back straight is well worth taking some wing off, then stick it up on the pit straight.

As i dont know this track at all, im gonna push the average default setup as far as i can while learning the track, then go to fastest default and do the same. Then i will tweak and experiment and customise.

I'm the same as Victor, in TT's I change the engine mapping at the start of the lap if I've just come out of the garage but apart from that tend to leave alone. But in races I do use the aero setting sometimes at different parts of a lap/race.

Annoyed hardly, I just went a little quicker all I can manage tonight getting told off for waking ppl up with the force feedback going through the floor, 4 tenths is definately there its just hooking up the lap thats the problem every time I get to the long straight quicker than grisfiske I end up ruining the hairpin or the last corner or take it way too cautiously (although im a fair bit more consistant at getting to the straight quicker). Hopefully as its my day off tomorrow ill nail it once and for all 1:27 here I come.

Oh and I never said there was 4/10ths there in hockenheim it was 3/10ths also never did much tt apart from the first 2 days last week, the rest was occupied with amazing races. (You know who you are)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%