F1 2010 Time Trial Week #15 Hockenheim, Germany (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Time Trial Week #15 Hockenheim, Germany (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Hockenheim, Germany (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 14th February at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

Nice to meet everyone here, this will be my first official attempt at TT. I have done an early effort which is 1:13.xxx my name is below Roman5 on his pic, but will have a better time (hopefully) before it close's. I'll post a final pic here, when i feel i cant do any better.

Welcome to the TT's Jon.... looks like you are quite some way down the track from me here but I won't hold that against you.. YET ;)

Good luck.

Uh Oh! I spy Chris Rees has done a 1:12.582

other xbox times

Justin 1:13.180
Peter 1:14.884
Me 1:15.084
Graham 1:15.807
Mike A 1:16.948

Hoping to get some decent laps in tonight and over the weekend... I think it's going to be needed as I reckon most will improve on their current times and it could get quite tight in and around the 1:13's-1:14's....

Small improvement. 1:12.697.

I believe my setup is actually capable of doing better. I just need to be quicker at the hairpin turn 4, quicker coming into turn 6, and quicker from turn 9 to the end. But I'd be interested in what gearings wekkie, chris or andrew are using. Mine: 83 mph, 103 mph, 121 mph, 140 mph, 161 mph, 182 mph, 204 mph.

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-02-11 20-16-02-27.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-02-11 20-16-02-27.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 209
Almost there.. but then ARGH!!!

Got myself up nice and early this morning to get in some time for the TT. Decided to try out the Red Bull for a change having previously only used the McLaren for TT's. Fairly quickly got into a decent rythm and although not quite finding the time to get below my 1:14.848 I was consistently into the low 1:15's and several times ahead of my ghost only to make one little error to screw it up.. once frustratingly out of the last corner!!

Anyway, after about 40 minutes or so I finally held it all together and crossed the line in 1:14.542 for a 3/10's improvement. I left plenty of time on the track too as through the last few corners I really lost time in my efforts to not mess up again.

Had another 20 minutes or so of almost beating that time until finally I put together my best lap.. first corner good, not flat out but fast and tidy and a good start. Turn two I broke a little earlier and got a good exit for the long parabolica and then the hairpin I got just about right, got on the throttle a fraction earlier and pulled ahead of my ghost. Now for turn 8... I had really struggled here this morning and it was the main place I was losing time but thankfully I got it just about right here and was on my way to turn 12... I had been much better through here this morning and again managed to get it just about right (in 6th not 7th... just no way I can get through there in 7th yet....) and things were looking good. 14 and 15 were as good as I had managed all morning and then through 16 I held the perfect line for me enabling me to get through that last corner without incident.... across the line and.... 1:14.252!!! Excellent.. ok not a 1:13 but I was more than happy to have shaved over 6/10's off from when I started this morning.

Decided to call it a day at that point.. my 5 year old had been protesting about not being able to watch the tv for long enough and I had achieved a good improvement so was happy enough to stop there. Dropped straight back to the paddock, took a couple of videos of the lap on my phone then a screenshot of the final timing screen on exit before popping into the leaderboard to check out where that left me... and then of course you guessed it.. my time sitting there smirking at me.. 1:14.848 ARGH!!!! Not again!!! So pi$$ed off... that's 3 out of the 4 times I have improved my time here that it has not registered on the leaderboard:confused: It had been annoying enough the other times but at least I was confident with those that I would improve the times that had slipped through the net but this one is pretty close to my limit and I'm not sure I will be able to repeat or beat it in the time left....

I have the session exit screen with my time showing so not sure whether that is enough to enable my time to stand here or not, somebody will have to let me know.

This problem is just so frustrating, I am signed into xbox live fine and there is no indication that there is a problem. It's beginning to put me off the TT's to be honest as with the limited time I have available I am reluctant to use it in getting times that are not being registered :frown:.

Anyway, enough from me.. hope you all have better luck than me and that your weekends are enjoyable ones.

Cheers all and as always good luck.

Don't know how it works for xbox, can you try reinstalling the game Peter or do you just pop the disc in and it plays? That's very unfair that it doesn't save your latest times. What about completely signing out of xbox live and signing in again, or checking some other settings are correct? How about the games autosave feature, presumably it's enabled? Maybe disable autosave and then re-enable it, see if it clears anything? I'm sure James could accept your lap times, I mean, by the way you've gone into detail I doubt anyone here would think you're making it up.

@Paul *lol* How could you possibly say such a thing.. now let me run you through that 1:10.512 lap I just did ;)

@Roman thanks for the suggestions mate. I have the game installed and uninstalling would lose everything I have done up to this point so really reluctant to uninstall it at the moment. I'll try disabling autosave and then re-enabling it though. All other settings are correct and the fact that this is an intermittent problem makes it even harder to nail. One of those things that make me wish even more that I had a PC capable of running the game.....

From what others with xbox tell me, it's a notorious issue on consoles. Some tracks are bugged and others it takes longer for the times to appear. One person told me it took 3 hours before his new time appeared for valencia. Check to see if your new time has now registered.

I have heard it said previously that the times sometimes just get delayed but my experience is that whenever this has happened my times have never subsequently shown up..... I'll hopefully get on later or first thing in the morning and we'll see what happens then!!

Decided to have another bash last night and got in a good few laps. Didn't quite get down to equal my earlier non registered time but a 1:14.319 is only 6/100's off so I am happy to have at least got close and the good news is it registered on the leaderboard!!!As earlier I did leave some better times on the track and again the penultimate turn cost me dearly with a pretty certain 1:13 lost there on a couple of occasions. May get one more attempt at it later today but if not I am fairly happy with a low 1:14....

Oh boy, that's it!!!

Well, here's the next instalment of my Hockenheim saga.... Decided to abandon my plans to get in a practice session at Montreal in my career game for one last attempt at that elusive 1:13.

Quickly down into the 14's, once equalling my 14.314 and then after about an hour or so I finally managed to keep it all together (even the final few turns that had tripped me up so many times before) and got the car over the line in 1:13.919.

WOOHOO!!!! That'll do for me I thought and dropped into the paddock, checked out the leaderboard and..... Nooooo!!! Still showing my 3rd best time of 1:14.319..... GUTTED :-(

Well, thats my lot... Can't keep putting in the time and effort and having this happen time and again. So I have submitted a screenshot showing my best time despite not being on the leaderboard and also my time that did get registered on the leaderboard, I'll let whoever makes these decisions choose the one that is to be entered.......

Here's the fastest time that didn't make it onto the board:-

and here's my best registered time of 1:14.314:-

And here's a video of the fastest lap:-

Apologies for the quality of the video, had the camera on my phone set too bright and didn't realise until i just watched it :$

I have managed a couple of 14.2's today, but no joy with leaderboards. Grrr.

Im hitting my head against the wall now, I give up for this week!

Im going back to my 5th career season, now in expert mode. I just won at Bahrain by 18secs in my poxy Renault!

I wish I could Roman... but funds do not allow me the luxury of buying a new pc right now :(

I would love to play this game with the mods available for it but for now the Xbox is my only alternative and it's still great to play it despite these frustrations....

Hello everyone, well after about three thousand restarts i managed to get into the 112.xxx!!
I'm pleased with it, but i could improve......just lost patience with it in the end, i'll upload a picture tomorrow as proof.

Can someone please tell me the best way to add a picture? is it as simple as clicking on "insert image?"

@Peter - yes mate the 1:13s!! Niiice one, well done.

Hello everyone, well after about three thousand restarts i managed to get into the 112.xxx!!
I'm pleased with it, but i could improve......just lost patience with it in the end, i'll upload a picture tomorrow as proof.

Can someone please tell me the best way to add a picture? is it as simple as clicking on "insert image?"

Nice time. Yes hit the insert image button, then choose either the tab to upload it from your PC, or add the URL link if its on a picture sharing site.

Good going Jon.. (Gritted teeth... *lol* )

Took me long enough to get into the 1:13's so no idea how long I would have to keep going ot get into the 1:12's!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back