F1 2010 Time Trial Week #12 Istanbul, Turkey, (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Time Trial Week #12 Istanbul, Turkey, (Dry)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Istanbul, Turkey (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 24th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

fmkib.jpg

I think that's gonna be my time for this weak. Tough track for me.

Good news since I have started forcing dx9 my stuttering problem with fraps has also been fixed so expect videos from me in the future. Ill even try and knock one together for this week aswell. Oh and wow T-cam makes a massive difference doesnt it can be way more accurate now.

Yeah videos!! What was your stuttering problem? If i am recording a replay it can tend to freeze for a few seconds randomly. Also can do this while driving, only very occasionaly but usually at the worst possible moment!
Whats this Tcam revalation of yours?

Ive improved my time to the 23s will try for 22s tomorrow.
Hope you had a good time at shanghai

Well I just did about 15 laps on Istanbul at the 60fps full size and the game runs beutifully I dont notice any difference except for split moments that it stutters which I just found out is due to fraps making a new file to continue the video any idea how I can get fraps files to be any bigger than 3.9GB? but at the settings ive got it at right now it'll do about half a lap before needing a new file, so ill keep the fps but ill go half size hopefully it should only stutter once a lap and preferable on a straight.

About the T-cam I only started to try it out in the online race I had at china it feels like I can be more accurate we will see in time, atm im still 0.5 sec off the pace at Istanbul but only 15 laps so getting there.

A single lap on fraps recording 30fps half size is about 1.3gb for me, i think ive recorded more than 4, ill have to check tomorrow. I record onto an SSD (which F1 isnt installed on) but it can freeze for me at antime. Most commonly within the first 10 secs and usually again shortly after. I think the problem is a F1 issue while running fraps rather than a fraps problem. It records the stutter and in my game the music also stops, this doesnt happen when im not running fraps, so im thinking some sort of software conflict - maybe!

I use the tcam, would like to use cockpit but too low. Ive tried a few cam mods but they crash out my multiplayer :(

Used tcam view when I first started playing this game but I like to have the more realistic view of the cockpit so have used that ever since. Maybe I'll give the tcam a go again to see if I get any improvement but I think my need for the more realistic view will always nag at me ;)

Managed to fit in 40 laps last night and finally got myself into the 1:23's with a time of 1:23.538 :)Definitely a 1:22 there for me as after changing my line through turn one I was several times on for that only to mess up at the final three turns.... I really struggle there so any advice would be appreciated.Not sure I'll get any more laps in before deadline now but I'll delay posting my screenie just in case.Good luck all.

Cheers Devils, nice little battle we have going again :)
Managed to slip in another few laps while my daughter and two grandkids were having breakfast and shaved another 6 hundredths off so now at 1:23.472... So frustrating though as I again had a 1:22 in my grasp (twice), got too eager out of the last turn on one occasion though, was too early on the throttle and spun it.... Argh!!! *lol*
Keep up the pressure mate, it's good stuff :)

Well, I switched on the xbox, 5 laps and I'm in the 1:22's now with a 1:22.772.

So, given up for the evening. I have all day off tomorrow to shave some more off, its definitely possible for me to get a 1:21.xxx but i dont have much patience.

Please also note the top xbox / RD times as shown in picture...

4439a5d5.jpg

Nice going James,

I thought I had a chance of the 1:22's but after my brief attemtps yesterday morning I have not been able to get any more track time due to visits last night and again tonight from my daughters and their partners so my 1:23.471 will remain my best time here.

As my time is on your screenie can I assume that I don't need to upload one now?

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back