F1 2010 Time Trial Week #12 Istanbul, Turkey, (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Time Trial Week #12 Istanbul, Turkey, (Dry)
Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week.

Post your times for the weekly track competition here

This weeks track is Istanbul, Turkey (Dry)

You must upload evidence in the form of a screenshot (PC)/ photo (Ps3/360) of the leaderboard with your gamertag showing. This is because we cannot verify leaderboard results easily over the 3 platforms.

The leaderboard also shows whether assists are used or not, wheras in game photos of times do not, so will not count.

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 24th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

When F12010 came out the FFB was good, after the update it lost feeling to it imo. Before you didn't have to put it at 100%, because at that setting it was really strong. Now 100% is pretty much it, lower than that is too soft. One thing I noticed when I hooked up my buttkicker was that GT5 has a lot more input going to the vibrator than F1. In F1 it only vibrates when you hit the rumble strips, while in GT5 it rumbles everywhere it should like on a bumpy surface. Anyway the top 4 times on PS3 all have the assist thing on, 1:17.310, 1:18.479, 1:20.343, and 1:20.379. The 5 spot shows no assists being a 1:20.412. The time I could muster was using your setup Andrew, I dropped 2 seconds from my previous time, thanks!!

Her are the pics, my time and the top 8. Check the guy on 2nd - JoonasBest69 - no setup for him? I checked and he's the only one in the top 100 that doesn't have that setup gear on. Does it mean he used on of the engineer's setups?
Istanbul.jpg

@Ramon you need to reduce the % for either the 2nd or 3rd wheel option (not forcefeedback) to have it rumbling all the way down straights. Glad my setup could help. The guy without a gear is using the bog standard setup when you arrive at the circuit he hasnt altered a thing.

@Devil good luck with turn 1 :p

The 1:18 aswell im running a 1/1 wing config and apparently hes going quicker with an unaltered car setup so thats a 6/6 wing to start off with I just dont see it happening, sure you can take corners better than I will be but just think of the drag factor of a 6 rear wing its just gonna kill ya.

Having said that I will try it just incase :p

Brilliant Video Michael, as soon as I heard the music it brought back a ton of memories of the old starfleet command 3 days, me and Justin Webley (Kaos909) blowing the crap outta ppl.

On your final lap I was glad to see you keeping tag with me all through sector 1 just a shame you went a little wide going uphill to turn 8 also after the parabolica you coem to a left right if you carry a little more speed in and ride the curb on the left (pretty much all of the car) for extra speed on the straight. All in all I couldnt see anything wrong with lines or anything just may depend on the setup your using, may be a case of needing to get on and off the power sharper, very good lap none the less.

Hehe, Thanks Andrew, i'm a a Star Trek fan, i have some of the games and i play the MMO too....

The real fact of the matter is that you to freaking fast! i can keep up with you in S1 but past that ur to quick, might have another go and put another vid up

Gimme a bell in STO my tag is @ELITE-Cobra

I think the only reason im a bit faster is that I have the time to put in 100+laps when im at home I would like to know if your flat through the parabolica? Oh and at the last set of corners you can ride the 2nd corner out of 3 gives you a better launch for last corner.

Manage to get a bit of time in last night but disappointing results really. Most frustratingly after my initial spell of about 20 laps I had improved my time down to the low 1:24's... It showed on the initial screen when I quit to paddock but not on the leaderboard :S Really frustrating when that happens.. I had a few more laps later on and think the best I got to in that session was 1:24.6...

Just didn't seem to be there for some reason last night... and I was more often than not struggling to get close to what I managed to achieve earlier this week. Using the same setup there just seemed to be a lack of speed..... Which is odd seeing as I genuinely felt I would be in the 1:23's quite easily...

Turn 12 is where I really seem to have most problems.. on those occassions where I was putting in a lap that was goingot give me a decent improvement it always tended to be there that I lost it.. find it really difficult to get the braking right for that one. Also, 5 and 6 I can't seem to take quick enough.. so any advice would be welcomed :)

Hope to get at least one more attempt before the close...

Nice video Michael... and very nice laps!!

Brilliant Video Michael, as soon as I heard the music it brought back a ton of memories of the old starfleet command 3 days, me and Justin Webley (Kaos909) blowing the crap outta ppl.

On your final lap I was glad to see you keeping tag with me all through sector 1 just a shame you went a little wide going uphill to turn 8 also after the parabolica you coem to a left right if you carry a little more speed in and ride the curb on the left (pretty much all of the car) for extra speed on the straight. All in all I couldnt see anything wrong with lines or anything just may depend on the setup your using, may be a case of needing to get on and off the power sharper, very good lap none the less.

You ever thought of doing a video Andrew? Watching Michaels above, as fun as the music is, would be good to hear the engine too.

Manage to get a bit of time in last night but disappointing results really. Most frustratingly after my initial spell of about 20 laps I had improved my time down to the low 1:24's... It showed on the initial screen when I quit to paddock but not on the leaderboard :S Really frustrating when that happens.. I had a few more laps later on and think the best I got to in that session was 1:24.6...

Just didn't seem to be there for some reason last night... and I was more often than not struggling to get close to what I managed to achieve earlier this week. Using the same setup there just seemed to be a lack of speed..... Which is odd seeing as I genuinely felt I would be in the 1:23's quite easily...

Turn 12 is where I really seem to have most problems.. on those occassions where I was putting in a lap that was goingot give me a decent improvement it always tended to be there that I lost it.. find it really difficult to get the braking right for that one. Also, 5 and 6 I can't seem to take quick enough.. so any advice would be welcomed :)

Hope to get at least one more attempt before the close...

Nice video Michael... and very nice laps!!

Its hard as nails isnt it mate! The fastest ive been so far was really late, on average setup, after a few beers. Yesterday with a clear head and a lot of time setting up the car I couldnt get close to it, either that or I was nicely ahead, and made a stupid mistake. I got sick to turned to modding, then a bit of online to blow the cobwebs away.

Keep it up though, I think we both have a low 23, high 22 in us somewhere!!

The top two times in PS3 are hacked. I downloaded both and found them to be a fraud. The first place ghost showed a lap of 1:25, and the second place ghost never shows up, showing a time of 6 seconds. This makes the third place the top time in PS3 with a 1:20.343, I verified it with the ghost.

Its hard as nails isnt it mate! The fastest ive been so far was really late, on average setup, after a few beers. Yesterday with a clear head and a lot of time setting up the car I couldnt get close to it, either that or I was nicely ahead, and made a stupid mistake. I got sick to turned to modding, then a bit of online to blow the cobwebs away.

Keep it up though, I think we both have a low 23, high 22 in us somewhere!!
I do like the track as it offers a good challenge but I do tend to need to get a good run of laps in before I really start to get my times down and so far I have had to be content with shorter runs. I would love to try the modding but am on xbox for this game as my pc was not up to it.
May get some laps down tonight and hope I have more success this time. I'll be looking out for a video of your 1:22 mate ;)

Started playing with my FF settings on o/s and in game. Ive tried a lot of how others have theirs set and cant seem to feel when the car is letting go. Didnt fair well on my earlier little stint, like you i think i need a fair few laps to start getting into it, but im losing my patience too quickly!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back