F1 2010 Time Trial Week #10 Yeongam, Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #10 Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 10th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

Cheers hehe, yeh that is on xbox. I think my pc would have problems running this game as it only just about manages browsing the net. I can let you know my wheel settings tommorow, nowt special i think and i dont use force feedback as my table will break.

As for car settings i will have to double check but i think i done that time with 3/1 wing, 52/48 brakes and large brakes with medium pressure. 60/40 weight distribution i think. Highish anti roll bar/dampers (whatever it is). Lowest ride height and nearly the stiffish suspension. Fast throtle mapping and all the allignment stuff is well over to the left. Gear ratios is all a straight line going downwards about 3 notched to the right.

Can i just say its a shame your having to use auto as a lot of the time is made up from the harsh downshifting and braking that manual allows.

MS official wheel btw
Cheers Chris, I'm not using the MS Wheel cos of the no assist rules, happened just before xmas an had a nightmare gettin ANY wheel, eneded up gettin the last Madcatz micro wheel from Argos which i use now (its like tryin to steer with a 2p piece lol) an tho its nowhere near as good as the MS it means i can use manual an do the TTs ! an its only temporary til i either get a couple of replacement paddles ( MS have stopped making it an no plans to do any more ! ) or til i get a PS3 an decent wheel (choice of wheel much better for PS3) later this year, thanx for settings, i'll give em a go later, tho i think i need to be more attacking in my driving style which will help bring my time down !

Grisfiske you are really pushing my limits now, only a matter of time before one of us gets into the 1:31's

New time of 1:32.011

Attachments

• Yeongam Dry.PNG
    Yeongam Dry.PNG
    194.8 KB · Views: 250
Thats probably it from me for now tomorrow ill be driving my coach like an F1 car if I find out in the morning that someones beaten me (stares at Grisfiske), gl guys with your little battle back there. Ill also post my setup in the setups area that way you guys can give it a shot.

1:31.983

Attachments

• Yeongam Dry.PNG
    Yeongam Dry.PNG
    188.2 KB · Views: 246
Nice job everyone.... good to see 3 of you guys in the top 5 of the overall leaderboard there.
Nice battle going on at the back also..... Mike and Graham had left me in their dust for a while and it's been a frustrating few days with very little track time but I managed to put in about 30 laps late tonight and after swapping to a low downforce setup I managed to split my two buddies with a 1:37.183... quite a big jump from my previous time. Only 4 tenths away from you Graham but not sure I'll get any more laps in now before the deadline tomorrow.

10012011364.jpg

@Mike / Graham would be interested to see your wheel settings seeing as we are all on the same unit. I'll post mine tomorrow as soon as I get a chance to sswith the xbox on.

why not make post of ur setups at the start itself.. to make it more intense.. but actually no one does..
even the posted setups at times are not 100% genuine..
paulus was great, his vids were great.. it looked so easy for him..

Because I tend to make setup changes throughout the week, I dont think any timetrial has been as simple as to have my bog standard baseline setup so far.

@Mike \ Graham As promised here are the settings for my wheel \ pedals:-

Steering Deadzone - 0%
Steering Saturation - 40%
Steering Linearity - 50%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Throttle Saturation - 100%
Brake Deadzone - 0%
Brake Saturation - 100%

Forece Feedback - On
Environmental Effects - 50%
Feedback Strength - 80%
Weight - 100%

Would be interested to compare with yours.

Cheers

@Wekkie, watched the video you posted earlier in this thread and I have no idea how you get round some of those corners *lol* but you have given me some clues as to where I can gain some time. Turn 9 and the section just after is definitely where I think I lose most of my time so am going to give your method through there a go later this evening if I do get the chance for a few more laps.

@Andrew.. would love to see a video of one of your laps too.

OK cheers Wekkie, I'll definietly experiment with that particular setting then... don't imagine it will make the 5 seconds difference between our times though ;) But shhhh.... Just don't tell Mike and Graham though.. might just be enough to get me ahead of them *lol*

@Hammerpgh - You need to register, having your gamer tag as your name makes me keep thinking you're a teenager even though you've mentioned grand kids a few times. lol I'll keep an eye out for marketplace deals, you do need gold for multi-player but at the moment I spend most of my playing time on TT anyway so I'm not in a hurry. Oh, and I'll always be the master of the long post even if this is a feeble attempt. :tongue:
hahaha.. ok Graham.. so if I become a licensed member I can use my actual name then? wasn't aware of that. I'll check it out.

I use 100% Linearity yes. Whats wrong with that? I drive good with it at least :D @Hammerpgh, I use 1/1 downforce. aah, I can do much better time than I have done. In turn 3 Im about 0.3sec faster than my ghost and in 1 of the last corners I have found a way to drive even faster than I have did. The problem is just that I always do a little mistake...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back