F1 2010 Time Trial Week #10 Yeongam, Korea (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Time Trial Week #10 Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Yeongham, Korea (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

The closing day for this thread and results for times is Monday 10th January at 9pm (UK Time)

The race settings are as follows

Dynamic Racing Line: Off
TCS: Off
ABS: Off
Gears: Manual

I needed to ellaborate on this as there are a few people who are putting up times with aids on and these times will not count.

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3​

It was really good, most of em wiped the floor wit me but i was in a friken HRT, a most hideous skip on wheels, i was lowest rank so got the rank car if someone higher, ie everyone else lol, joined the race, will deffo do more an made some more racing buds on here ;-) gonna put a good few hours in tnte now shopping is done, i'm comin aftr yr time Pete an Roman, MWWWAHAHA

Here goes, another mammoth post by the drunk guy.....

@Michael Gray - Great video, I watched the first lap thinking nice and smooth, then you went into a corner the way I do and invalidated it, that's when I realised it wasn't a one lap video. Nice job.

@Roman5 - I had a friend round for a Time Trial Party last week and he used the Red Bull, I found he was hammering me on the straights. You don't get to mess with the set up and I was driving better than him anyway (I won) but I don't think it could be classed as a disadvantage. Next time he's round I'll give him the McLaren and I'll take the Red Bull and see how we compare. Very nice time BTW. Tonight has been my first time with a wheel in T-cam view and I'm a bit off your pace, 1:39.512 if I remember correctly. Keep up the good work, I could do an 11 hour session if I wasn't married.... had 3 kids.... and liked to have a beer while playing. :)

@Chris - Purely TT times on those leaderboards otherwise I'd have some really embarrassing times on the tracks I haven't done TT yet.

@James - I'm drunk so if I forget to do it can you add me as a friend, nice to have people to compare with. :)

@Hammerpgh and Mike - Sorry I only saw your messages as I was switching off tonight, haven't been on as much as I expected during the festive season and also because since getting the wheel I don't want to play with the control pad (it's a pain dragging tables around and the wheel slides like hell anyway so I haven't been on often). Amazing to see the 3 of us all within around half a second of each other, I've got the whole weekend to catch you both though. Haha.

BTW, I thought you needed Gold for TT but mine ran out on 01/01/11 and then I realised you don't need it, I was about to order one but where is this special offer? Cheapest I can find is £29.97 on Amazon, around £6 more than I paid last year.

@Fahad and Andrew & everyone else....- Any set ups to offer? I'm going with Andrew's Speed, Speed, SPEED!!! set up again but I couldn't remember the alignment settings so I just went low, low, high, high and set the ballast to 60/40..... Any advance? The fastest non-assist time on Xbox is equal to me on the straights but tears me apart on the corners, that could just be (probably is) driving skill though rather than the set up.

If anyone thinks this post is too short let me know and I'll add to it. :tongue:

its frigging hard.. no aids, the car drives like as if its running on ice.. its an absolute horror to drive, way to many things to look after during a race.. and friggin 100% races.. that basically kills me..
and the worst part, all the racers are veterans who have been on the scene for more than 5 years.. lolz.. rubbing salt to my wound..

@Roman5 - I had a friend round for a Time Trial Party last week and he used the Red Bull, I found he was hammering me on the straights. You don't get to mess with the set up and I was driving better than him anyway (I won) but I don't think it could be classed as a disadvantage. Next time he's round I'll give him the McLaren and I'll take the Red Bull and see how we compare. Very nice time BTW. Tonight has been my first time with a wheel in T-cam view and I'm a bit off your pace, 1:39.512 if I remember correctly. Keep up the good work, I could do an 11 hour session if I wasn't married.... had 3 kids.... and liked to have a beer while playing. :)

Hi Graham. Lol, well, I'm paying for that 11 hour session, as I didn't get much sleep, and today I'm about as useful on the TT as a fireguard made out of chocolate. :tongue: I'll try again later, and I'll give the redbull a shot. Only thing I can suggest if you want to try it is lowest downforce. I generally ignore aero settings and run all tracks with 1/1 wings to get the most speed. You get used to it eventually.

Took me bloomin' ages to get this. I was always ahead of the ghost but I kept messing up in sector 3. :facepalm: :D But eventually held it together.

1:36.556. PC/wheel.
http://i54.tinypic.com/20z7cwh.jpg

I wanted to watch the replay, pressed instant replay, but it only replayed a few seconds from coming out of the final turn into the start/finish line and up to turn 1 (where I crashed from the excitement of beating my laptime, lol). Any idea why it wouldn't replay the whole lap?

Attachments

• F1_2010_game 2011-01-07 05-21-19-52.jpg
    F1_2010_game 2011-01-07 05-21-19-52.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 199
@Roman5 - haha.. i need to create a thread on how to view replays..
once you start a hotlap session, you have to keep putting in lap after lap without restarting.. once you are done.. dnt go to garage or anything of that sort.. just hit quit to paddock, then you will see an option to view replay, when you click that.. you should have ur replay..

so the main thing is, no start time trial, no returns, no going back to garage, its just laps after laps.. oh btw, maybe ur replay session will hold 13-15 laps of replay..

Ah ok, thanks Fahad, I shall bear that in mind :) I just wondered why it played the replay from the beginning of the consecutive lap but not the previous lap I'd completed, but I guess it's because it was from a restart. But the few seconds I saw of replay was from pressing 'instant replay' while still on the circuit, yet quitting to paddock and pressing 'view replay' the screen goes black, so it didn't even show me the replay I was able to see from the instant replay. If that makes sense.

I use the same method outlined by Fahad and the replay I can view is always all the laps I have done since I last did a restart.

@Mike.. bring it on Mike ;) I will be looking out for your updated ghost as soon as I get on again.... the multiplatyer sounds a blast. if I manage to get the Gold Membership at some point I'd like to join in if I could...

@Graham good to see you back amongst us mate.. seems we have a real tight battle on our hands for this one :) LIke you 11 hour sessions are just not gonna happen for me either.. not unless I do an all nighter.. hmmm.. now there's a thought ;) I saw an offer of something like £26.99 for the year which I thought was a cheap deal as I thought it was usually much more than that.. it was on something like the Marketplace on the Xbox interface as far as I remember. You do need it for Multiplayer though don't you?

@Roman great job with the 1:36 mate.... definitely looks like you are pulling away from our little triumvirate ;) I am hoping to get some decent laps in over the weekend but my 5 year old and 2 and a half year old grandkid might have other ideas*lol*

I haven't really done much messing around with the setups so far.. tried Andrews for a while when we were doing the wet Singapore TT and may go back to trying his again but at the moment I am fairly content with how things are going and just trying to improve my own technique. For this one I have just been using the furthest right quick setup and made a few changes to the gearing as I was finding the higher gears to be set too low.

Out of interest at what point does the setup icon in the Leaderboard change from the lighted cog to a greyed out one. I assumed this was to indicate you were using a bog standard quick setup with no alterations but that doesn't seem to be the case as I have changed some things but it still shows the lighted cog in the leaderboard..

Well, that'll do for now.. seems me and Graham have not only the TT competition going on here but also the longest post one too!!

Im no expert with setups but what i would say is these rules normally work for me.

In TT wing settings real low, esspecially places like Korea with the long straights. ie.. 1's or 2's

I always have more weight to the front ie.. 70/30

Have a little more brake bias on front ie.. 55/45

Ive been running large brakes recently on TT and my car now stops superbly at the end of long straights

Always low ride height and stiff suspension and unless Monaco.

I have throttle map on Fast for TT

Allignment - i have all settings well over to the left as this seems to work (real technical insight lol)

Gearing - This is where i need to dabble more, have not perfected gearing on circuits yet.

nice points given by chris..
wat worked for me was,

Wings always vary for me, at times i used higher wings than anyone else, coz its not all about straight line speed, speed you carry in the corner matters a lot..

Brake bias, set it for oversteer, helps.. atleast for me..

Alignment - yes all left does work, but it coz problem in certain tracks..

Throttle Map - always remember this, set your throttle map as Standard and once you get in the lap, change it to Fast (its a know throttle map bug)

Gearing will always vary depending on your driving style..

Weight - in general has to be 70-30, but it depends, but technically, weight transfer has to be F-R

Fahad, I didnt know about the mapping bug, sounds interesting. So set a lap with standard and then on second lap set it to fast without going back to pits? Whats advantage do you get exactly?

How do you set up your brake bias for oversteer? Do you mean to say you run more bias on the rear so that the rear steps out of line under braking?

yeah.. the value that gives you oversteer..
and the throttle bug is.

when you save your setup.. keep engine to STANDARD..
on your hotlap or as you go out on the track to start your TT.. change your engine to FAST..
wats the advantage - on long straights you will notice that you wil have higher speed..
a track where you can easily notice this is, try catalunya with low downforce setup.. and down the pit straight.. u will see a difference in your top speed..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 422 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 324 12.8%