F1 2010 Time Trial Week #1: Sakhir, Bahrain

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
6dquty.png

Hey everyone,

Welcome to time trial week this is basically people will drive lap times on designated tracks and post their times here. Also if you could provide some kind of proof say photo or for 360 and PS3 users just leave a gamertag/PS3 ID so one of our staff can just verify these times are not false.

This weeks track is Sakhir, Bahrain (Dry)

So basically you can put in as many laps as possible and your best can be posted here:

Cheers Peeps and enjoy

Rules:
- upload your picture to www.tinypic.com (or make a nice video)
- post your picture here at the forum
- don't upload pictures directly to the forum
- take a screenshot with your best time showing or of the ranks
- no driving aids are allowed
- mention if you did your time on a PC, xbox or ps3

wth?????? :/

u got my fastest time, my previous fastest n the ghost i was racing.......not a circuit im that competitive on, think my times about 55th

Turnawies - its a shame u noobed it up to go glory hunting, think its far more impressive one of the fastest no assists times rather than aim for the top by lettin the cpu do most of the work for u............

Hey I added some comments to the video regarding breaking points, gears to use and all that, could the ones who hit 1:48 or 1:49 check where I'm wrong? That would help!

Thanks.

Well, it was the first try when I got the game using standard dry setup, where on the straights you hit the limiter to soon. I think it is possible to try to beat my time with assist with all assists off, because I know I at least lost 1 tenth in two corners. However, this is not going to be easy. Maybe, I will give it a try tomorrow.

Hey I added some comments to the video regarding breaking points, gears to use and all that, could the ones who hit 1:48 or 1:49 check where I'm wrong? That would help!

Thanks.

Hi, I see you can improve in almost all corners, because you are in the wrong gear most of the time. Most of the times to low. However, I'm playing on ps3 version and I have to say that PC version is different. I have tried the PC version and you can brake a bit later than in ps3 version, which means you can set faster times on PC.

However, I noticed that in many corners you are to late on the throttle out of the corner, beginning with the first corner to the right. Try to already go half throttle in the middle of the corner when you hit the apex and go as quickly as possible to full throttle.

1'47, blimmey!!

Had a go for a good while last night and managed a 1'49.8**. Didnt take a pic as i wanna go faster! I really have no idea how to go 2 second faster though, i think if i got a perfect lap with my skills i think i could do a high 48... just.

No assists what so ever.

Platform: PC
Mode: Time Trial
Team: McLaren
Time: 1:53:646
Driver Assists: None
View: Cockpit
Wheel: Logitech FFB Pro

I am sure now I have sussed out the workings of the gears I can get this down further now.

I am averaging over 400+ laps now on here since release, and try to do at least 10 or so a day.

Set ups on here have helped a lot as well. :D

Hi guys,

I had some go today with the PC version and I my thoughts where confirmed. You can go about a second faster on PC version. On the PC, I could do 147.000 with ease compared to my 147.3 on ps3 here I worked very hard to get it (with traction on). I have recorded my lap where I did a 146,8 without any assist and at the same time made some mistakes in couple of corners (too wide, not hittin apex right). All my car settings are also shown in the end.

Hope you all can learn from it how to go faster!!!!

i can never b bothered to tweak my settings lol......just pick one n go :)

If you look closely I only changed the gear ratios, to get a little bit higher top speed. It is not much, but it helps a bit. Engine mapping, I change while driving. Bahrain and Malaysia are the only track where I edited the setup and changed the gears. That is the only tweak I do, because I dont understand much of other settings. I prefer time trials where people cannot edit their setups for online leaderboards. That would be best!

Hi guys,

I had some go today with the PC version and I my thoughts where confirmed. You can go about a second faster on PC version. On the PC, I could do 147.000 with ease compared to my 147.3 on ps3 here I worked very hard to get it (with traction on). I have recorded my lap where I did a 146,8 without any assist and at the same time made some mistakes in couple of corners (too wide, not hittin apex right). All my car settings are also shown in the end.

Hope you all can learn from it how to go faster!!!!
Man that's just awesome! Thx for the video, I'll watch and try to improve myself. Anyways the gears you mentioned I was usually too low I've checked with you and that's only on 3 or 4 turns, the rest are good. So is just driving style and making it perfect.

awesome driving, paulus. it's when i watch videos like this that i understand the complaints of some people about the game being too easy, winning wdc in lotus, etc. it's far beyond my mind how can you break so late without getting massive understeer, i wouldn't even stay in the track. it's like i'm watching people play another game with very different physics.

hope i don't learn to drive this fast, so i can still enjoy career. :)

I used fraps too, but installed it on another hard disk and choose to record half size. I had the same thing, m PC can run it in max easily, but with fraps there can be some massive framedrops. Installing it on another hard disk helped a lot, however you will still notice the framedrops, which makes it harder to set fast laps.

Yo, can anyone tell me how to see/use other ppls car setups from the leaderboard for when im trying to do timetrial.

Also is there a quick an easy way of turning off ghost cars, my personal best is always in the damn way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%