1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Time trial or Hotlap

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Thapelo, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Hi guys
    In GSCE or rFactor is there a way to run a timed hotlap on a test day, where there are no other cars on the track? Sort of like the Assetto Corsa "Hotlap" feature?

2. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

You can run a test day/practice session as private meaning there will be no other cars on the track other than you.

Other than that, there is no real "hotlap" feature.

3. Every visit to a track is automatically saved as a video in replays section and as a text file (with individual sector times and some other data). The fastest lap time for each car/track combo is automatically saved in replays section.

4. Thanks guys, will check the test files for the lap times

5. If you don't want to miss out on any video replay or race/session results, make sure you edit these lines in your .plr file. It's located in userdata/your profile name/:

Number Track Replays="500" // how many replays to store for each track (using default naming convention only!)
    Number Race Results="1000" // how many results files to store (using default naming convention only!)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave Cerio

Dave Cerio
    Premium Member

I really wish there was a Hotlap/Ghost feature in this sim.

I find it a bit of a struggle to set the AI close enough to my skill level to keep things interesting while offline. I either run away from them or they just stomp me.

Plus, while chasing my ghost I can visually see my mistakes and improve my racing line.
    I like that. Racing against my personal best, trying to get faster.