Time to say goodbye... sort of...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hi folks,

Well, it's with some regret and no little sadness that I'm writing this post as a sort of goodbye to the R3E racing club after several months of great fun and exciting races with you all recently...

As of Monday 5th of October, I will be "transferring" full time to the rFactor 2 club, working alongside Damien Patel who is already in post and doing a fantastic job of running and promoting this wonderful sim. rF2 is getting even better with some of the great new official content and tremendous mods being released lately. For me personally this is an exciting opportunity to be involved more closely with my sim of choice, and opens up plenty of possibilities that, sadly, are just not available right now in R3E, be it features or numbers of people currently playing here at RaceDepartment.

I really am sad to be leaving this club. We have a really special group of people together here who come and race on a regular basis, are always keen to help out fellow racers and share news and insights with other like minded club members.... some of the racing I've been involved with in these past months have been truly first class, close, clean, fair and hard battles in a wide variety of different cars and tracks. A personal favorite of mine being the DTM92 races a few months ago at Mid Ohio, door to door for several laps with no respite or space being given... really first class from everyone.. thank you guys for those memories. They were fantastic races...

The decision to no longer actively push forward with the R3E racing club has been a long and difficult one to make. Unfortunately, it has become apparent that the number of people wanting to take this sim online here at RD is simply not high enough to make it a realistic option to continue to support events, however it has been agreed that we will host 1 race per week for those who still feel the desire to burn some virtual rubber, so check out the forums for some upcoming polls asking what you guys want to run in the upcoming weeks...

I will be keeping my eye on the forums, and I will continue to try and help answer any questions or contribute to any conversations whenever I can. We just won't be holding anywhere near the same number of events in the coming weeks.

The latest week of races is now live until Sunday 4th October, however, from that date onwards the club will come to an end.

Guys, it really has been a wonderful experience. I've met some great folks on here, had some serious laughs and enjoyed some of the best racing of my sim racing "career" in this club.. it really has been a wonderful experience and I thank you all for being a part of it :)

Please do continue to post in the forum threads and keep an eye out on this sim. I still believe it's an excellent driving experience and will only continue to get better and better, with some seriously good content on its way that will get many many hours of use from us all I'm sure!

The best way to honour this club is to sign up and race with us...please let's make this last week go out with a bang and keep joining in the weekly race. If we can get good grid numbers then it might be worth looking again at restarting this club back to 7 days a week or similar. It's down to you guys to make that happen :cool:

On a side note, please come and check out the rF2 club in a week or so. It would be awesome to see some of your faces over there...the more the merrier!!! :laugh:

Until next time fellas, thank you and goodbye (sort of)

Paul

No can do atm, I've got too much else happening IRL these days so I sadly can't commit the time needed right now. Besides, it seems the signup numbers where still fairly low, so what point is there in putting in all the effort if people cba signing up for the races?

Totally agreed. The end of that club I reckon.

When I get more settled, I plan on becoming a Premium member and I'll look at the possibility of taking over the club. That's a year or so down the road though.

If anyone wants to race at random times, feel free to add me on Steam or R3E.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%