1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Time Simulaton Questions...

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by KeyserSoze, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Ok, the game is now officially screwing with me...

I am running on Xbox 360 with MC2 controller...

I am in season 2 driving for Red Bull... I have been decreasing driver aids since season one and now only have traction control and ABS turned on... My issues began when I turned on Tire Simulation... In practice and qualifying for Budapest, I could not get within 1.5 seconds of pole no matter what I did... This is after stomping the field by 2.00 seconds a lap prior to this race... That is when I discovered this forum searching for setups to drop my lap times... I tried all the dry setups I found here and still could not drop my times, even on options... I finished Q3 in 8th place and off the pace by 1.6.344 seconds...

So I did a little experiment... I ran Q3 again with Tire Simulation turned on and off to compare times... I was using the same setup with a new set of option tires each time... I was able to run a 1:21:200 with Tire Sim ON and only ran a 1:23:937 with it turned OFF... With Tire Sim ON the care feels very sluggish, does not accelerate off turns and understeers badly... With Tire Sim OFF, it's a whole different car...

So my question is, what is going on???

2. The sluggish feel is to be expected. With tire sim off you are driving with 100% grip 100% of the time. Naturally the car will feel a little harder to handle with tire sim on. But what is funny is apparently you were faster with tire sim on? Maybe you just had a bad lap with the tire sim off? Or was this a type-o you got the two mixed up?

3. Yeh, sounds pretty normal to me. Its always going to be slower with Tyre Sim on. Tyre sim off is a load of rubbish.

I think he meant he did the quicker time with tyre sim off... am i right in thinking that?

4. Perhaps I have the ON / OFF thing backwards, but there is a HUGE difference in the way the car reacts... Even on fresh option tires...

After I posted this I searched the forum and found some threads that address the differences...

Thanks for the responses...