Time for a cheap entry level wheel

Well, acquired an xbox 360 controller last weekend and have been dabbling all week on Assetto Corsa and Automobilista and not really getting anywhere as it is just way too twitchy. Well it's ok on AC but AMS is borderline unplayable for me which ironically is the game i tend to enjoy more (mainly due to the CART mod). Fair play to the missus the other evening she just casually said those magic words 'wouldn't that be better for you with a wheel?'. I thought it would be rude not to oblige so am after yet some more advice please as i have a bit of an issue. I don't have the luxury of a man cave so my pc is set up in a corner in the living room and on reading and looking a lot of the FFB wheels tend to be on the noisy side. Are there any entry level FFB wheels that don't make those clunky grindy noises when you turn them or make contact or does that just come with the territory of force feedback? Since i tend to play when she is watching tv and she was nice enough to let me add more clutter to the living room the least i can do is get something i can use that's not going to distract or annoy her when she's watching her tv shows. Anyway, are there any entry level FFB wheel's out there that don't make too much noise to the point it would be distracting to her? Have only got about £150 to play with (2nd hand doesn't bother me as Cex have some pretty good deals) and will be getting a wheelstand pro to mount it on as well. If push comes to shove i'll just settle for a Thrustmaster 458 or similar but would prefer to get something that has FFB. Thanks to anyone who offers any suggestions and for taking the time to read such a long winded post.

Thanks for the replies, have looked at these wheels, been offered a g27 off someone i know from iracing as well. My biggest concern is noise, not for me as i use headphones but the rattling noises some of these wheels make. The missus is nice enough to let me get a new toy this close to christmas, just don't want something that's going to be rattling/shaking to the point is does her head in when she is watching tv.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back