Time Attack Open 05/07/2013

In a couple of weeks im going to introduce a time trail event that will have a server set up from Friday to monday (over the weekend) for a couple of weekends to let you guys let rip on the Green Hell
I have found a 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE foundHERE
I am thinking Porsche 934-5 found HERE

I will post the times of the drivers after the weekend,
this will be driven in free practice mode and only times from this session this will be used.
So download and give it a try,
maybe we will do a club event if i get enough drivers twisting my arm to race it... :)

Leave your thoughts below..:)

time-attack-jpg.39773

Server name: T.A RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC-65 Ferrari 250 GTO ( Download )
Track: 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Time Attack start time: GMT 16:00 - 05/07/2013
Time Attack finish time :GMT 16:00 - 08/07/2013

1. unpack to the main gtl folder where the GTL.exe sits
  2. There is no need to sign up for this event
  3. You are free to enter the server at a any time between the start and finish of the event
  4. This is a Time Attack event. But full Racedepartment Rules are in effect
  5. Only this car to be used on the server
  6. Do not advance the server
  7. times will be posted at the end of the day
This is Time Attack

Its you and a car against the track..This is not a race. There are no prizes
You are only looking to better your own time

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  • Jacob Boonstra BestLap=9:19.934
  • Paul Bennett BestLap=10:56.283
  • Andreas_Scholz BestLap=13:24.039
  • Noel Spence BestLap=9:18.733
  • Michael Nelson BestLap=10:15.566
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Ferrari 250 GTO
This article is about the 1962-64 GT racing car. For the 1984-86 Group B racing car,
see Ferrari 288 GTO.
  • Manufacturer:Ferrari Production1962–1964
  • Successor:Ferrari 288 GTO
  • Class:Sports car
  • Body style:Berlinetta
  • Layout:FR layout
  • Engine:3.0 L V12 300 PS (220 kW; 300 hp) 4.0 L V12
  • Transmission:5-speed manual
  • Wheelbase:2,400 mm (94.5 in)
  • Curb weight:1,100 kilograms (2,425 lb)
  • Related:330 LMB 250 LM
  • Designer(s):Giotto Bizzarrini Sergio Scaglietti
The Ferrari 250 GTO is a GT car which was produced by Ferrari from 1962 to 1964 for homologation into the FIA's Group 3 Grand Touring Car category. The numerical part of its name denotes the displacement in cubic centimeters of each cylinder of the engine, whilst GTO stands for "Gran Turismo Omologata",[1] Italian for "Grand Touring Homologated." When new, the GTO commanded an $18,000 purchase price in the United States, and buyers had to be personally approved by Enzo Ferrari and his dealer for North America, Luigi Chinetti.
36 cars were made in the years '62/'63. In 1964 'Series II' was introduced, which had a slightly different look. Three such cars were made, and four older 'Series I' were given a 'Series II' body. It brought the total of GTOs produced to 39.
In 2004, Sports Car International placed the 250 GTO eighth on a list of Top Sports Cars of the 1960s, and nominated it the top sports car of all time. Similarly, Motor Trend Classic placed the 250 GTO first on a list of the "Greatest Ferraris of all time".[2]

The V12 engine
The 250 GTO was designed to compete in GT racing. It was based on the 250 GT SWB. Chief engineer Giotto Bizzarrini installed the 3.0 L V12 engine from the 250 Testa Rossa into the chassis from the 250 GT SWB and worked with designer Sergio Scaglietti to develop the body. After Bizzarrini and most other Ferrari engineers were fired in a dispute with Enzo Ferrari, development was handed over to new engineer Mauro Forghieri, who worked with Scaglietti to continue development of the body, including wind tunnel and track testing. Unlike most Ferraris, it was not designed by a specific individual or design house.
The rest of the car was typical of early-1960's Ferrari technology: hand-welded tube frame, A-arm front suspension, live-axle rear end, disc brakes, and Borrani wire wheels. The Porsche designed five-speed gearbox was new to Ferrari GT racing cars; the metal gate that defined the shift pattern would become a tradition that is still maintained in current models. The interior was extremely basic, to the point where a speedometer was not installed in the instrument panel. Many of its switches came from the Fiat 500.
Racing
FIA regulations as they applied in 1962 required at least one hundred examples of a car to be built in order for it to be homologated for Group 3 Grand Touring Car racing.[3] However, Ferrari built only 39 250 GTOs (33 of the "normal" cars, three with the four-litre 330 engine sometimes called the "330 GTO" - recognizable by the large hump on the bonnet - and three "Type 64" cars, with revised bodywork). Ferrari eluded FIA regulations by numbering its chassis out of sequence, using jumps between each to suggest cars that didn't exist.[4]
The car debuted at the 12 Hours of Sebring in 1962, driven by American Phil Hill (the Formula One World Driving Champion at the time) and Belgian Olivier Gendebien. Although originally annoyed that they were driving a GT-class car instead of one of the full-race Testa Rossas competing in the prototype class, the experienced pair impressed themselves (and everyone else) by finishing 2nd overall behind the Testa Rossa of Bonnier and Scarfiotti.
Ferrari would go on to win the over 2000cc class of the FIA's International Championship for GT Manufacturers in 1962, 1963 and 1964,[5] the 250 GTO being raced in each of those years.
The 250 GTO was one of the last front-engined cars to remain competitive at the top level of sports car racing. Before the advent of vintage racing the 250 GTO, like other racing cars of the period, passed into obsolescence. Some were used in regional races, while others were used as road cars.

This time we will use the Ferrari 250GTO . this car is a bit more forgiving than the Porsche.
Start of slow and build up slowly. The server will be set to qually. So the first driver that enters may have to wait untill the clock start to count. I will set it to 10000, So keep an eye on the clock if your in there a while. It will roll to the next session automatically if the clock runs out and you can start again.
This will then allow me to use Autosimanalyser to post the times (i hope) .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back