Time Attack Open 05/07/2013

In a couple of weeks im going to introduce a time trail event that will have a server set up from Friday to monday (over the weekend) for a couple of weekends to let you guys let rip on the Green Hell
I have found a 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE foundHERE
I am thinking Porsche 934-5 found HERE

I will post the times of the drivers after the weekend,
this will be driven in free practice mode and only times from this session this will be used.
So download and give it a try,
maybe we will do a club event if i get enough drivers twisting my arm to race it... :)

Leave your thoughts below..:)

Well if we are going to have a time trail it's great track to start with. Think we should just keep this open just for fun with free laps no need for club/league type events, long tracks and hill climbs will tick the boxes.:)

Rupe you will handle the times so no need for us to post ?

I don't get many weekends off but this will be "something for the weekend sir" :D

Suppose theres nothing to stop a few of us getting on the server at the same time and running a sort of informal 'race' either. better than organised race because we can wait up for each other too - feel free to ask if anyone want to 'play' rather than just hotlapping - sometimes I just wana aimlessly lap sometimes fun with others is more fun!

Edit - driven this car in rFactor DRM mod - its nuts! Edit - 2 dunno if it is the same but sure itll be great !!

TIME ATTACK.jpg

time-attack-jpg.39773

Server name: T.A RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: GTC76 - Porsche 934-5 ( Download )
Track: 1970 NORDSCHLEIFE ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Time Attack start time: GMT 16:00 - 28/6/2013
Time Attack finish time :GMT 16:00 - 1/7/2013

1. There is no need to sign up for this event
  2. You are free to enter the server at a any time
  3. This is a trail event event. But full Racedepartment Rules are in effect
  4. Only this car to be used on the server
  5. Do not advance the server to Qually or Race
  6. times will be posted at the end of the day
This is Time Attack
Its you and a car against the track..This is not a race. There are no prizes
You are only looking to better your own time

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  • BestLap=7:56.332 Guus Verver
  • BestLap=8:23.516 Rupe Wilson
  • BestLap=10:15.600 Warren Schembri
  • BestLap=7:51.929 Yves Larose
  • BestLap=7:48.651 Knut Omdal Tveito
  • BestLap=9:14.906 Kjell Eilertsen
  • BestLap=8:27.092 Terry Evers
  • BestLap=8:20.542 Steven Walker
  • BestLap=8:13.977 Jacob Boonstra
  • BestLap=9:25.238 Hans Sneep
  • BestLap=8:12.933 Andreas_Scholz
  • BestLap=8:25.287 Ian Strom
  • BestLap=10:03.513 andrew jarnell
  • BestLap=9:49.213 Paul Bennett
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

The Porsche 934/5

By the end of 1976 the 934 was the dominant car in the European GT serious.
It was now also allowed in both Trans Am where it had proved very successful and by the end of the year in IMSA also where it seemed not quite up to the new tube frame AAGT cars like the Monza.

For 1977 IMSA approved several important changes to the 934, less weight, bigger wheels and tires, and a 935 rear wing. Add to this that it was now known that raising the boost to some 22 pounds could produce close to 600hp with little reliability compromise, and the 934 became a very competitive package. Trans Am would also allowed this version of the car to run.
Porsche itself built 10 of these special “IMSA spec” cars, this evolution of the standard 934 was soon nicknamed the 934 and a half, or simply the 934-5
Some teams also converted standard 934s to the 934/5 spec and many would go farther still first adding the 935 rear fenders and eventually the complete 935 body package.

Now the Porsche teams once again had a real contender for the IMSA championship and they would need every bit of it as the Monza now had a full 6 liter 600hp engine of it own and full group-5 style body work including a duel element wing.
934/5s would win 5 rounds in IMSA in 1977 but would finish 2nd to the Monza in the championship.
They would win the Trans Am championship.
----------------------------------------

Porsche 934/5 for GTL

There are 3 versions of the car included
1st the Standard 934/5 cars with the simple round fender flairs
2nd 934/5 with 935 rear fenders
And finally cars with the complete 935 bodywork
All 3 have slightly different physics though they are all very similar.

Though no version of the 934 was ever said to be easy to drive the 934/5 was a quite a bit better than the standard 934. The IMSA changes addressing the shortcomings of car quite well.
Still a bit clumsy in slow corners it is much more stable in fast corners then the standard car.
Basic behaviour is power on under steer at least until you break the rear loose with power.
Mid corner throttle lift will bring the car bake to neutral balance. Though if you are not paying attention the tail will go around you.
It was said that 934/5s were often driven by lifting off and then going back to throttle many times through long duration corners.
The 934/5s biggest strength ageist the GTO Monza is mid range power. The sooner you got back to it the better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%