Thursday Events

Yves Larose

Premium
Hey guy's,

the current Monday events using the Camaro Cup doesn't get much sign up so i was wondering what would you like to race that day instead of the Camaro Cup cars. i'm putting a few choice in a poll but feel free to add your choice in a post.

I voted
GT-Pro, GT-Club or GT-Sport.

In my public skydrive I have GT Mods. Most of them are legal :oops:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5887f4147a35f851#cid=5887F4147A35F851&id=5887F4147A35F851!573

I have repacked the Ferrari F430\Porsche 997 mod to include the updates. The F430 is still a bit faster than the Porsche 997 and other GT2 cars but it is prone to overheat so over a long race it is no advantage because you have to keep the revs down or open the radiator wide in setup. You can use these two cars on their own without GTR-Evolution.

The thing I love about this club most is the downloaded circuits and installing a download circuit is no more difficult than installing a skinpack.

I must admit WTCC87 would probably have good grid numbers due to Race07 being so cheap to purchase meaning lots more drivers in recent months with Race07 but without GTR-Evolution.

How's this for an idea: Wet Mondays (rain or heavy rain every race - depending on the circuit).

Im thinking of something different
A one night time trail... but with 2 cars.. open top and a tin top combined time wins the night, results posted following a few days...
the winner get to choose one of the cars from a list for the following week
Its up to you to try and work out where you are..... hopefully people will post times through the week to give us a clue.... then on Monday night it put up or shut up.....:)
my example.... Cicada.. formula ford / mini ( trying to pick cars that are about equal)

I like the democracy. Perhaps a fresh round of voting every month?

The vote need not just be for cars. It could also be for event type:
  • Normal circuit
  • Oval
  • Time trial (maybe with Rupe's suggestion)
  • Hill Climb (as above but up a hill!)
  • Team race (teams of two or challenge another community to a 'home and away' two round event).
  • Period circuits with modern cars. WTCC Extremes reach their very top speeds at places like Le Mans 77 (no chicane on the Mulsanne), Solitude64, and Avus67. WTCC would be fun round Nordshleife70. Slip-streaming Caterhams on the Monza70 banking would be good.
For the car voting I would like to see the GT Power Pack added to the vote list. It only costs £3.99 and it only needs Race07 (it does not need GTR-Evolution which is a lot more expensive). You get Chayka, Chayka Reverse (which is awesome) and Mid Ohio (an even better version than VLM's). You get Pagani Zonda R, BMW M3 GT2, Matech GT 1. There could be separate races for each.

Zonda

BMW M3 GT2

I personally do not think a monthly vote is the way to go, at least not for Mondays. Weekday events are generally stable and use the same classes. This allows people to get into a routine, knowing what is happening on what days. Fun/unique/mod events are held on weekends.

Personally, I voted for the Caterhams. I think they are sadly under-appreciated in the Race 07 community. They are fun and easy to drive but also pretty fast, and have the potential for some great close racing.

An idea that was done about a year ago was three classes, one week after another on the same track. An example:

Week One - FBMW at Sepang
Week Two - Formula Masters at Sepang
Week Three - F1 at Sepang
Are you saying you'd like Monday to be 'open-wheeler day'? If so then the Formula Fords would need to be in the cycle. We'd then need something for Tuesday, so the poll still stands. :)

The Weissbierbude guys do this and it's very popular. I think they use F3000 and mirror the real life F1 weekends. However, can't handle F3000 and I struggle with Formula Masters and Formula Masters. I can just about manage FBMW; I have slow reactions.
I'm right on the opposite side. I can't handle slower cars :) Formula Raceroom is very good add-on and considering it's free and official I think it might become very popular.

Wasn't the idea of Monday events to test something new?
Not necessarily, no. We're merely asking what people would like to replace the Cameros with, because that class wasn't getting enough sign-ups. None of the classes in the poll are new and just because something features in a league it doesn't mean that it should not appear in the club too. I mean, we have a touring car championship running right now, but we're not about to cancel STCC on Wednesdays and Sundays!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back