rF2 Thursday August 27th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Long Beach

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stefan i dont know if you do this already but try this if you dont, make a shortcut for rFactor.exe on your desktop, right click on it and select properties in the target box put this "+fullproc +highprio" without quotes on the end of the path for rfactor, mine looks like this

E:\Games\rFactor\rFactor.exe +fullproc +highprio

It makes your processor use both cores and made quite a bit of difference on my rfactor and I had no FPS issues tonight.

That was incredibly stressful. Had LMP cars that overtook then spun, then overtook then spun.

Glad I finally won a race (in class) here though :D
WD! I was on your six for a couple of laps, preparing for a nice fight, but then my display driver crashed and took for about 30 seconds to recover. I continued, but there was nothing to win at that point. Thnx for racing and see you guys next time!

Me and Lee when we were racing up the front of GT2 had the same guy in a Proto overtake (well as much as a whack out of the way can be an overtake) us for position then on the same lap spins and does the exact same thing time and time again.

Edit: and another time when kept left close to the wall (with about half a car width gap between me and the wall) down the backstraight leaving the whole right side of the track available to overtaking prototypes some numpty decides to go for the half a car width gap down my left instead of the 3 car wide gap to my right (which is the inside for the next corner!) completely destroying the left rear of my car.

Ok I just have to ask the question, because Reading the posts in these RDLMS Racing Club threads this week is kind of starting to grate something rotten.

So - you join a sim-racing club, let me repeat that, you join a sim-racing club (one that was happily existing prior to your membership). You decide you do not like the calibre of the existing members, so much so that you decide to voice your displeasure by insulting said members (which, if you read the terms of membership you would realise is not accepted within the racing club). So I ask you - why be a member? If the other members are so below the standard you wish to race with why race with them? There are so many other options available on the net, why make those with less talent feel unwelcome in their own club?

I have seen many a race on PSRTV and I have seen many seasoned drivers have a moment of brain fade. So, how about offering help, advice (constructive) or encouragement?

I guarantee the RDLMS main events will be of a higher calibre (because people will have used these races to learn and improve).

So - help, don't insult. "Got nothing good to say..."

Just my two pennies.

Ok I just have to ask the question, because Reading the posts in these RDLMS Racing Club threads this week is kind of starting to grate something rotten.

So - you join a sim-racing club, let me repeat that, you join a sim-racing club (one that was happily existing prior to your membership). You decide you do not like the calibre of the existing members, so much so that you decide to voice your displeasure by insulting said members (which, if you read the terms of membership you would realise is not accepted within the racing club). So I ask you - why be a member? If the other members are so below the standard you wish to race with why race with them? There are so many other options available on the net, why make those with less talent feel unwelcome in their own club?

I have seen many a race on PSRTV and I have seen many seasoned drivers have a moment of brain fade. So, how about offering help, advice (constructive) or encouragement?

I guarantee the RDLMS main events will be of a higher calibre (because people will have used these races to learn and improve).

Just my two pennies.

Well put.

Just my two pennies.

i can appreciate that fully, i dont want anyoneto feel unwelcome lol.. ive offered some help today etc etc.. had a good laugh with some people and i like to think i get on with anyone..

but all i have to say against what you just said is.. some of the things people are doing is well lets say.. unbelievable.. some things yeah sure like lack of pace etc.. thats fair enough i was slow once.. but it takes time and to learn from the faster people, im still learning today..

but overtaking someone in a half car gap when there is a 3 car wide gap is just plain stupid realy.. there is realy no excuse for such lack of awarness and its just common sense lacking too.. that sort of thing is just crazy.. it realy is..

Like dan tonight.. was having a go.. fair play.. good luck but using mirrors helps when people try to pass him he left no room at all.. didnt even realise we were there.. again lack of awarness.. some things cannot be put down to lack of experience, some things should be known before you even plug a wheel in, i came here as i was invited, and since i joined i loved every single lap.. its something new, i realy dont care if i win or loose or am fastest by 4 seconds.. it means nothing.. i just love the endurance feel to it..

What is kinda frustrating sometimes is just peoples pure lack of awarness or common sense.. which kinda ruin it for everyone.

i can appreciate that fully, i dont want anyoneto feel unwelcome lol.. ive offered some help today etc etc.. had a good laugh with some people and i like to think i get on with anyone..

but all i have to say against what you just said is.. some of the things people are doing is well lets say.. unbelievable.. some things yeah sure like lack of pace etc.. thats fair enough i was slow once.. but it takes time and to learn from the faster people, im still learning today..

but overtaking someone in a half car gap when there is a 3 car wide gap is just plain stupid realy.. there is realy no excuse for such lack of awarness and its just common sense lacking too.. that sort of thing is just crazy.. it realy is..

Like dan tonight.. was having a go.. fair play.. good luck but using mirrors helps when people try to pass him he left no room at all.. didnt even realise we were there.. again lack of awarness.. some things cannot be put down to lack of experience, some things should be known before you even plug a wheel in, i came here as i was invited, and since i joined i loved every single lap.. its something new, i realy dont care if i win or loose or am fastest by 4 seconds.. it means nothing.. i just love the endurance feel to it..

What is kinda frustrating sometimes is just peoples pure lack of awarness or common sense.. which kinda ruin it for everyone.

Agreed!

I must say this: i love those endurance races. My race wasn´t what i expected, with three spins. and one extra pitstop, i had two programed, but nevertheless was a awesome race. All the people where very correct, and the GT2 drivers where very well. Not easy to make a clean race with those "rockets" always overtacking. Well done. I´m looking forward for the next races. At the end a 8th place. It could be better. Outstanding race!!

It's not my club either (so I am not the be all or end all :)). The points you make are fair and to the point. In fact - you actually have made my point for me when you make the point of it being a 'lack of awareness'. If it was 'he did it on purpose' then I could understand all the name calling. But if it is because the driver in question doesn't yet know better...

If the same driver does the same thing week in and week out, then they haven't learnt anything and I can quite understand someone losing their rag and hurling a few insults (somewhere other than the forum though). You don't learn unless you make mistakes.

I am by no means a brilliant racer. I have good races (no mistakes and decently paced) and then I'll have races where I should just shut down the PC and go to a dark room. For this reason I am understanding when someone spins into me or crashes in front, or flies out of the pit when I am on a hot lap. Because - I hope that they are just as forgiving when I drop the ball. I sometimes swear at the monitor and turn the air blue, but I stop myself from going near my keyboard because hurling insults on a forum is akin to public humiliation for the unsuspecting victim.

I for one am glad to have guys like you on board - because I watch you guys week in and week out in FSR and think 'how the hell do they do that or if only I...' So I hope you stick around for quite some time. All I ask is that people hold back on the name calling (is it really too much to ask?).

Some superstar drivers have joined our ranks (something that is fantastic). I just hope that the luster and appeal doesn't diminish because of some offhand comments left in a thread. It isn't as simple as coming back the next morning and editing the thread (after sleeping on it) because the initial response probably went out via email to everyone subscribed to the thread.

Anyway. I am by no means the ethics police so I will shut my cake-hole for tonight. I just got wound up by all the insults.

:good:

PS - I have driven LMP and GT and I suggest everyone do the same before they call the inteligence of other drivers into question. Your perspective changes hugely. As a GT driver I always wondered why the LMP didn't chill out and just pass me on the straight and as the LMP I always wonder why the GT doesn't realise that things happen very quickly for the LMP. Sometimes the LMP makes what looks like a hair brained move because you have no idea what the GT is going to do and so you make a decision (with practice you learn to react better).

Again - the championship will be fine. These races are for fine tuning LMP's will learn to anticpate better and GT's will learn that they can help by lifting earlier for the turn to help the LMP.

In the words of Rodney King "People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right." :highfive:

Guys lets make a deal, the first one that starts publicly moaning again and does not file an incident report (as requested a billion times now) can pack his bags and will be shown the door, how about that?

I am sick and tired to be honest to have all the fun i had in organising these events seen blown to pieces by the constant moaning of a small group of racers about other less experienced drivers or the organization or whatever you want to moan about in general.

Yeah, you can call me arrogant or patronizing or whatever, but i am reaching the point where I say to hell with events that cost me hours of pre-testing tracks, uploading them to the file- and raceserver, opening and maintaining threads and after wards have to read all the :poop: again without any incident reports made. So again start following the rules right now or you will find yourself on the other side of the door pretty soon!

We have a history of helping the less skilled drivers to develop them into better racers, no not aliens but drivers that can keep up to pace with the rest and have a decent online race. This complaining doesn't help anybody. The only thing you achieve is scaring people off to enter or let them completely freeze up on track because people are scared to make the little mistake that leads to be virtually shot by a few of you here on the forum.

Click here to report an incident
Only use this link to report incidents

P.S: thanks for the clear and calm words Mark, i respect your for it, but i am unfortunately a few stages ahead and completely pissed off!

Right, Listen. I get that this is for everyone, I do. But for the love of god how bad can people be? That was atrocious racing. GT's spinning. LMP all over the shop trying to overtake that was pathetic racing.

My race ruined 3 times by utter idiots that just cannot drive.

There has to be some form of limit or races competed to race cause that was AWFUL.
OK - so you're saying people need to complete a minimum set amount of races, before they should be allowed to race?

So essentially, your proposal is to prevent people from gaining the very experience you're saying they need to have?

Not sure how that works, tbh.

OK - so you're saying people need to complete a minimum set amount of races, before they should be allowed to race?

So essentially, your proposal is to prevent people from gaining the very experience you're saying they need to have?

Not sure how that works, tbh.

People have a misunderstanding of what the Racing Club is all about. We have a paradoxical situation because people are asking for a training ground for drivers to improve before they take to the track, but have missed the fact that the racing club is the training ground.

It is also important to understand that some Club members are dealing with some serious crap in their personal lives and use their Club membership as a way to escape (not me, but others have health issues etc.). They shouldn't then be scared to get on track because someone is going to take them apart on the forum afterwards.

Anyway - back to racing... I'm off to check when I can next get behind the wheel of a P2 (need to research and practice ahead of the RDLMS events :D).

People have a misunderstanding of what the Racing Club is all about. We have a paradoxical situation because people are asking for a training ground for drivers to improve before they take to the track, but have missed the fact that the racing club is the training ground.

It is also important to understand that some Club members are dealing with some serious crap in their personal lives and use their Club membership as a way to escape (not me, but others have health issues etc.). They shouldn't then be scared to get on track because someone is going to take them apart on the forum afterwards.

Exactly my point, Mark. Well said. :good:

Your missing the point once again.

We are not saying these drivers should not race. Not that in the slightest. It's the sheer awareness factor.

Prime example. I messed up my pit stop as it repaired damage and I didn't want in to. I had 14+ seconds to make up on DCS. I got it down to 5 to then be fully comprimised by firstly a GT2 car spinning and quite simply not moving off the racing line. And then for (I think) and P2 car to try dive bomb from miles back and clip me. That should not happen that's just simple awareness and thinking where to pass.

You'll probably turn round and say that was my fault cause of my pit stop. It was, I know that. Doesn't take away the fact that these drivers were still doing this on track.

P1 car flies past us GT2 cars then comes to a braking zone... crashes. Next straight passes us. Next turn... spins/crashes. So we're constantly caught up in it.

They may be new drivers and getting to grips with it but that is just sheer stupidity and lack of racing awareness which I would have thought they would know from watching racing on TV let alone racing online.

I am sure they will learn and get better and improve and I hope they do. Be good to race with them flat out competitively. But when you've got some new guys against experience around a tight, twisty, walls everywhere track like Long Beach then your going to be expect this sort of up roar really.

Your definition of 'Racing Club' is far to loose as well. A Racing Club in any series or catergory anywhere in the world has levels of competitiveness whether it be entry level or fully experienced.

Your putting experience with inexperience... what do you expect? A tea party?

So we are just going to continue the moaning? FYI we have two incident reports with your name on the subject list as well Nick. So don't judge others too fast please.

I've picked up this beautiful english saying this week: people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

I was just replying to what was above Bram that was all. I read your post and accept that.

With my name on it? Please enlighten me.

I am still new here. But I have had some cracking races. I am just trying to help you guys out and for some reason your just wanting to battle. It was just a suggestion have different levels like an entry driver level say where you drive 5 races then move up or something. It was only an idea.

Well im rather shocked that once again bram you have taken that approach towards some of us..

You drove a splendid race yesterday from what i saw, when you came to lap me i moved over as its easiest thing to do and costs us less time.

Firstly may i point out i am a proffesional driver, i am sponsored and supported by many, this does not mean im correct all the time i know that but what it does say is that i know what im talking about.

There are some things ANY racing driver should know before he drives a car, my brother who has never even raced a car in his life would understand some principles that some people last night didnt seem to understand, example the blue acura car.. overtakes us.. spins nearly takes us out.. overtakes us.. spins nearly takes us out.. he must have done that about 15 times in 3 laps.. that is unnacceptable realy.. your saying people race here to gain experience, yeah thats great but... there should be some basic driving awarness and skill before they take to the track right ?

if they cant turn 5 laps without spinning 15 times, in an lmp car, as they are way different to a gt1 - gt2 car.. then they should not be in a lmp car.. they should test in gt1 - gt2 learn how to race etc etc.. and work there way up.

I love racing against new people, i used to race in FGW years ago, met some great people who were never in a million years going to be any good or set lap records.. but what they did do is understand basic principles of racing.. if your being lapped.. make room, if your in a faster car have patience.. if you have no front tyres left and your bouncing off walls spinning every lap.. retire.. or get in the pits not continue..

Im fully willing to help anyone, if anyone wants any tips. or anything.. i have 10 + years of experience behind me.. so please feel free to get in touch guys, everyone in that server last night had some basic driving nuance.. what alot of them didnt have was awarness or realisation of whats going on, that is probrably a bigger factor more than knowing left to right in a car..

A driver must know how to react to situations, how to conduct himself.. on track, i respect that you dont want your forums trashing and this was never the intention, i have never used foul words on here or insulted another driverm i just simply tried to point things out as alot of the guys in there are realy friendly, easy going guys who i enjoy racing with.

Cheers, lee

You guys are not helping at all, on the contrary i would say. Like i said people are scared off by the moaning.

Instead of giving newbies driving advice its a bashfest after every club event. The fun should be main factor and like Mark said the posts of the last week are everything except fun. How come that i have two events on a row (sebring and longbeach) where i really enjoyed myself online, despite the CTD yesterday, and in the same race reports i get the impression that it was hell? I dont get that.

Stop trying to change how we run things here and if you can't be constructive please dont post at all and i mean it. The fun factor is what keeps people coming back here. And my fun is completely gone as this costs a lot of people too much energy.

It's so easy to find arguments to flame somebody. Try to find something constructive and help drivers out in a positive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back