Thursday 30th July 2009 - Rally UK vs US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, how did Stage 11 kill everyone but Peter? Does that mean... *Gasp*! Peter is the chosen one! :O

I'd better do better next week or I'll lose my main sponsor, 'Wish you walked, eh? Inc.'.

Well was late coming home from hospital and joining at stage 7 you dont realy wnt to bother as its pointless. Im going to start practicing the cars as thats what im strugling with. Those cars where wierd man. Some stages i nailed it others the car felt like it was on ice.

Thanks andrew and next time I hope to join from the start. Really enjoyed the other events but joining right in the middle made it abit poop tbh. Thank you anyway :)

• Bert Van Waes

All in all it was the toughest one yet, for me too...

I had a big struggle with the concentration not keeping up.
The stages i finished were all quite good, i kept the pace up but had a crash here and there. The ones i got clean (sorta :)) are the ones i have the fastest time on.

The thing i liked in this rally was that halfway it became damp and everything just changed under the 4WD car. Like one said. It felled like ice, in particalur around the medium bends.

I loved the car itself, you could throw it around and play with the throttle a bit to keep it in the corner and on momentum. The default setup was even perfect, except for the gears and brakes, wich i overall softened and gave it a bit more front balance.

Grats to James and Mark :D, great racing from everybody!!!

Original movie was this one down below, but youtube is afraid of the legal issues, sig...And because youtube serves the best quality for free i made the other one above, but the editing wasn't made for the chilly tone. It was made for the doors :)
edited it, tx to Mark!!:)
[ame]http://vimeo.com/5858900[/ame]

richardburnsrallysse200.jpg

richardburnsrallysse200w.jpg

richardburnsrallysse200.jpg

• Jason Halaby

Great event! Thanks everyone!
The damp and the darkness and the powerful cars required a good deal of restraint to keep from ending up in a tree. I tried to play it safe but still managed to get myself into trouble on occasion. I DID survive SS11, but just barely - I broke my gear box early on and miraculously limped through in 5th gear... actually that may have been what saved me from getting into more trouble...:skywalker:

Hey Bert - awesome sideways action in your video, thanks for sharing!

Congrats, Jason! Survived all stages, and I love the big red blotch on stage 11, and a little blue time :) 9minutes behind, must get my act together! Roll on next week!

Would Wednesday be possible for the next rally?

@Bert, Vimeo do good quality video. Better than Youtube as I see it.

• Andrew Evans

Would Wednesday be possible for the next rally?

anything's possible... wortwortwort...

but, no, srsly, i'd already mentally ear-marked weds for the next installment... thread'll be up tomorrow somewhen... (probably)

• Bert Van Waes

Tx Mark, i'll go check it out! :)

@ Andrew: Cool mate, wednesday sounds ok here!

• Jason Halaby

Congrats, Jason! Survived all stages, and I love the big red blotch on stage 11, and a little blue time :)]

LOL, thanks
Halaby = :snail:
Yates = :rabbit:

I guess this time slow and steady won the race. :)

Sorry I didnt make the US timezone race. Passed out hard, works been draining me.

I will make one of these races soon, I practiced and everything for this, and let myself down by not showing up.

Hope everyone had fun, see the dust with u guys soon.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back