Thursday 30th July 2009 - Rally UK vs US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,... That was hell!:sweat:

I won't tell you much yet but wow. I killed 4 spectators in total and heard alot of talk about the water temp, my co-driver his eyes seemed to be fix on that gauge...:)

But man i had fun. Full review with some vids will follow as soon as you guys finished yrs. Gl all!

Great run Peter, first time rally?

ps: watch out for fast lefts and rights...:clown:

Greets
Yes, it was the first time, and I am happy with only 3 retirements, and only 55 seconds behind you. It was a lot of fun to drive these stages.
Thanks for the event Andrew!

• Bert Van Waes

Well you guys have a target now :fingers-crossed:

Three stages i didn't make it and three went bad too with some rolls and such. :)
I'm definately not dangerous today :) probably more in the middle somewhere.

Tx Andrew!

Gl!

BabyRBR.jpg

• Andrew Evans

LOL! vaughany, LOL!
i do believe last week was a fluke...

• Andrew Evans

keith, sometimes i found him to be a little late on delivering the bad news.... you know, "into hairpin right", after i was actually eating a tree...

i bumped up his slider so he spat them out a bit sooner... but not by much... if you go to far i just don't have the mental capability to stack all the orders in my tiny little mind....

Right, I shall make a post now just incase.

I am still at work trying to sort out a failed circuit that is going to cost thousands if it is not completed tonight.

I am trying to find loopholes just incase it falls through. Basically I am barking orders etc.
Just need to keep upper management informed with all the latest updates :(

It will be a shame, I should be off work as of 30 minutes ago so I will not see my manager getting his butt kicked again for not doing his job properly and Buxton saves the day.

I should be back in time for the start of the event, but just a heads up if I am not. :fingers-crossed: :pray:

They always leave it to the good guys to fix the problem. Like when someone opened a virus ridden e-mail at my dads office, and the IT guys had to stay behind through the morning to fix it.

Fingers crossed for ya man :)

If the problem can be resolved within the next 30 minutes then I still have 30 minutes worth of work closing everything off and modifying dates etc... :whistle:

If the problem is not resolved within 30 minutes and I am told nay, then I will be here for another hr trying to get everything in place for tomorrow (even though I will not be in, on compassionate leave).

It will then be another 30-40 minutes drive home (providing no traffic) so I will be looking to get home for 19:45 BST.

Really gutted as I have been psyching myself up for this and actually practiced for a change... with my French co-pilot :D

hi

hi Andrew sorry mate dont no if i arrive home in time to join tonight
im still at work dont no what time finish tonight ill do my best but
cant promise if u what take me out of list its ok if not if i arrive in time ill join for sure and i have dinner i the middle of stage

sorry mate:cloudy::sidefrown:

• Andrew Evans

no worries to all my multiply-challenged rally comrades.... :eyebrows:

Had fun on Stage 1, got the fastest time, but then at Stage 3, it went downhill. There was a rock half way through the stage, not on pacenotes, and hard to see. I hit it and veered into a tree. Bloody thing stalled and wouldn't start again. Like what happened to Loeb in Poland.

Then on 2 of the last 4 stages, I wanted to choose Dry Gravel tyres, and ofcourse the game was started with Dry Tarmac tyres. Bloody thing handled horribly. So, retired from 2 or 3 stages and had no confidence, I was tiptoeing most of the stages I didn't know :(

Still, the rally events are fun. Different winner every week. Thanks for setting up Andrew :) Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully tarmac (the Monte Carlo idea?) :p

I have a problem with my installation, I just get an error about unable to find a physics file on any 'damp' stages.

I did a quick blip on the first two stages as testing then reached the 3rd and it didnt work so I couldnt rally :(

Sorry gents, didn't get home until just before 9. On top of everything else there was an accident on the M25 :(

Worked over 12 hrs and out of the house for 14 :(

Sorry again guys :good:

• Andrew Evans

whoa! i reckon that was the toughest yet.... retired half the stages man!.... started to get a bit of consistency together before it faded entirely.... arf...

still, i managed to finish a stage with a broken gearbox jammed in 2nd... i think this may be a tactic for ze future :D

next week i'm predicting less adverse conditions and more surfaces :wink:

here's the results after the euro round.... can the US session steal it overnight?

http://forum.racedepartment.com/rbr...30th-july-2009-rally-uk-vs-us.html#post364854

ps. stage 11 killed everyone so far, except peter (rally debut!) :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years