Thursday 23rd July 2009 - Rally Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went ok, tip-toed most of the stages. Hit a tree Stage 1 and was forced to retire, then on stage 6 it just went back to desktop.

The stages (and cars, almost :p) weren't designed for tarmac, so the bumps were very vicious. And the grass... My God, you touch it, and you veer right off... Wasn;t very fun, pretty frustrating. Still, what;s rally without your bad days... I'll be back, fo sho!

Congrats all, and thanks Andrew :)

(PS: We need USA + Moar POWWWERRRR!!!!111!one :D)

Went ok, tip-toed most of the stages. Hit a tree Stage 1 and was forced to retire, then on stage 6 it just went back to desktop.

The stages (and cars, almost :p) weren't designed for tarmac, so the bumps were very vicious. And the grass... My God, you touch it, and you veer right off... Wasn;t very fun, pretty frustrating. Still, what;s rally without your bad days... I'll be back, fo sho!

Despite the problems - you can't say it wasn't very satisfying when you got it dead right :D

I thought the cars went quite well on it, I was running the default setup. No real problem finishing stages. I had a quick run through the stages I had one terrifying moment on ss1 over a bump but managed to hold on.

Pitty the server didnt work so I couldnt actaully complete, looking forward to comparing times.

well that was fun :) once i learned how to brake using my little toe lolshsh

did a bit of practice on the 1st 3 stages which helped a lot, then i think on stage 5 or 6 i buckled a wheel and drove the remainder of the stage with my steering wheel trying to dislodge its self from my desk :O

the final 2 stages didn't go to well though. will defo be back for more though :good:

thanks for organizing it Andy :)

• Andrew Evans

more high quality lovely... you guys begged for difficult... see what you got! :becky:

only managed to drop 2 stages, which is way better than i feared... got the the car mostly stable with the setup... but for ss5... WWOOOOWWWW!... bumptastic... didn't feel anywhere near as bad the right way round on ss1...

on an earlier recce i made a mental note about that bump on the flatout bit... me and vaughany even talked about it before hitting the stage... i knew it was coming... and just as i was totally nailing it, a little voice said "am sure it's around here somewhere"... then i was upside-down... arf....

last two stages it was all starting to come together... alas too late to pull back that little .com... :shakeyfistman:

thanks to all who came out... mooooore peeeepppullll again this week... catch y'all next....

ps. provisional results for 2/3 sessions will be up in a mo... give the US session something to aim for :wink: (full results tomorrow)

edit: prov results: http://forum.racedepartment.com/359035-post3.html

I may have been a little dramatic in my report. Wasn't terribly hard, and the bumps weren't a huge issue (apart from the ones that slipped by the pacenotes and take by surpirse). I just don't like 2WD :p

My head is a mess today though. Tried F1 and was all over the place... Rally is ruining my mind! :S

Sorry guys but I won't be able to show up, I'm very tired and I have to get the dog to the vet early in the morning tomorrow. Have fun :)

Andrew I wont be setup in time for this. I will however be racing 100% with you guys next event. I LOVE RBR, just gotta get comfortable with it agian.

Also my FFB with the G25 doesnt work. Anyone had that issue?

Andrew I wont be setup in time for this. I will however be racing 100% with you guys next event. I LOVE RBR, just gotta get comfortable with it agian.

Also my FFB with the G25 doesnt work. Anyone had that issue?

1. Go to registry editor (Start button and then click the "run" button; in the small window type: "regedit" (without quotes), press enter; the registry editor appears)

2. Use the 'directory tree' on the left side and go to this directory:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>System>CurrentControlSet>Control >M ediaProperties>PrivateProperties>Joystick>OEM

3. Under this directory delete all the entries that start with "VID_" (without quotes).

4. Reconnect the USB device to another USB port (just to be safe); Vista should recognize the wheel ...

5. That's it. Go play RBR!

• Bert Van Waes

This rally was awesome and i was prepared for it i must say. Did in total around 6 hours of testing out cars, ending up with the lada. In my hands it felled the most direct steering rallycar off the lot.

Like Andrew i soften up the whole damper area, and the stiffnes off the springs too. Brakes were around 7230 front and 2700 at the rear all the time. Rear toe -1.17, gears most the time in the middle, except for stage one.
The car drove like heaven 6 of the 8 stages. :)

I had a very good rally indeed, and loved it. Two stages really came off great and it felled some times like it was in Ireland. Loved the Car track combo!!

One stage almost ended up as a disaster, 6th one i think. I crashed like 3 kms from finish end Co driver told me brakes were gone. Handbrake didn't work either so fully engine braking was necesary, and a barrier here and there... :) I could finish though.

Great fun!!!
Tx for starting RBR again Guys!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODa4-2Lr2uY[/ame]

BigHeadRuinsTheDay.png

• Bert Van Waes

I just wanted to share my experience Neil:sidefrown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%