Thursday 15th October 2009 - Rally Burns & McRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so eventful rally this evening; many many rolls and excursions through the undergrowth.

Night+snow+blizzard+over 100km/h=hold on tight and hope to still have 4 wheels at the end!

Fantastic fun, thanks for organising the event - good luck to you all.

This was a really interesting Rally, lots of variation, especially the weather. Nothing like trying to keep a Subaru on the road in snow, blizzards, with trees, logs, and assorted hazards all around you.
I wasn't feeling too well for this one, and was almost going to pull out, but I still enjoyed it. I just got slower and slower towards the end as my concentration went elsewhere. Had plenty of the usual "moments but the spectators do a wonderful job of pushing me back on track.

Good to have Damien, Peter, and Rob join us tonight. Great to chat with Peter and Damien over TS too, thanks guys.

Thanks Andrew, yet another well thought out Rally and I'm sure Richard Burns and Colin McRae would have been proud.

• Bert Van Waes

Well, guys, i hope you can make Richard and Colin even more proud for me, because i will pull out on this one. RDHGP is the choice...
Again sorry mates!

Got off to a rough start (still in GT mode) but gained ground and reeled in the scratch times. Then the intermittent freezing of the game came back. Bugger.

Edit: Found the problem, was right under my nose! Teamspeak! :shakeyfistatthethingthatruinedmyrallythatwassupposedtoaddtotheexperience:

And congrats Bjorn, won the EU session on his first go :thumb: and to Lewis for coming out of nowhere :)

Lots of fun, finished 2nd overall in EU with a handful of stage wins. What a turnaround.

Also, it pains me to say it( :p ), well done Bjornshsh. :D
Off to cut myself now, see you next week. :wave:

PS: Vaughany, your a disgrace. :nod:

rallyuk.png

• Andrew Evans

first half of the rally was pretty sweet :D

then i started to have birney sympathy crashes.... bad times...

(looks like rally school can't commit to anything other than dry weather)

results in a bitto.... (parser playing up atm)

• Andrew Evans

here we go!

http://forum.racedepartment.com/413544-post3.html

from next week, in the uk at least, the clocks go back :hallelujah:

that means the eu start time will move to 20:00 GMT....
not sure this happens simultaneously over ze globe though... so can OCN and US regulars let me know if your start times need adjusting (and if not, shout up when they do!)

in other news - jason hasn't signed up for the US event in over a month... so aaron - if you want the start time moving, am cool to give you priority mate... :thumb:

from next week, in the uk at least, the clocks go back :hallelujah:

that means the eu start time will move to 20:00 GMT....
not sure this happens simultaneously over ze globe though... so can OCN and US regulars let me know if your start times need adjusting (and if not, shout up when they do!)

The timezones in Australia get messy now too with some parts adopting daylight saving, and others (like Queensland where I live) not.
I'm happy to stick with the current timings but will also be ok if others want to change.
Will the French RBR lobby be changing the overall time settings?? It's all getting confusing now.

• Andrew Evans

Will the French RBR lobby be changing the overall time settings?? It's all getting confusing now.

yep... eu mostly moves with the uk, i think... so i would expect those to change from next week as well... though, (hopefully), the servertime is largely irrelevant so long as we stick to the GMT time as always....

as you know, there's always a week or two of messy transition around this time of year :becky:... i'll let you all know about the server after sunday :wink:

Wow! Another surprise result but good to see so many people sharing stage wins. You can never be sure what to expect from these Rally's, one tiny mistake can end it all so fast.
Well done to Aaron and Damien for the podium, we managed to shut the Euro contingent out this time. (is that Mark thinking about picking up the soap? :poke::rotfl: ).

I really enjoyed driving the Subaru though, especially in the blizzard.

Attachments

• BnM Rally 1.jpg
    BnM Rally 1.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 265
  • BnM Rally 2.jpg
    BnM Rally 2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 248
  • BnM Rally 3.jpg
    BnM Rally 3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 282
  • BnM Rally 4.jpg
    BnM Rally 4.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 275
  • Aaron Cloutier

Nice driving Warren! If not for a drop over a bridge requiring a CFH I might have edged you out :). I'm really enjoying these rallies. Keep in up Andrew!

Let me think about the timing, I'll get back to you. If Jason can make it I don't mind keeping the times the same, but if it's just me an hour earlier would be nice. I'm pretty tired the next day as it is. :yawn2:

Great job everyone!

Great job,great fun, I enjoyed my first race.If it wasn't for the big crash in ss 12 and than I've got demoralized and I stopped the car in another tree :cow: in ss 13, I coud have been between the top 3 runners :weep:.Well maybe next time.I can hardly wait.

• Andrew Evans

oh, i'd also like to say that those inconspicuous looking wooden fences that line the edges of some corners are the MOST LETHAL road side objects in the ENTIRE game.... :becky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 83 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%