1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks Thruxton (BTCC) 2.2

Thruxton for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Thruxton - Thruxton for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks Patrick!

3. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Yay, thanks! This is one of those tracks that looks easy, but getting a really good time is kinda tough. Nice one!

4. First off thanks for another update, Patrick. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

A couple of minor complaints/feedback:
    1. I don't like all those white stripes along the sides of the track...they flicker and it's a bit distracting. Maybe because i don't have the graphics maxed out ?
    2. Is the grip final ? I just did 10 laps with Camaro SS and i find it to be a bit slippery compared to reiza tracks i've driven on today(having a Camaro SS day :D ). It's perfectly manageable and fine, but it does feel like it's a bit more slippy than usual...or is it just the Camaro ?
    If it was me i'd put just a tiny bit more grip on the track. Or perhaps not, because it adds a challenge to an otherwise simple layout. Not sure yet...:) What is your opinion ?
    3. No sound from curbs, rumblestrips

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  5. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

I did not see anything about the whites stripes. Can you do a screen?
    Try with Max settings.

For the grip I think It can comes from the track configuration. A lot of curves, with radius changes make the track a real challenge. Perhaps I did something wrong but I did as usual. You can add grip with the tdf If needed, or I can try to optimise again.

For the curbs I cant remember If they are flat or not.

6. Yeah, it was due to med graphics. Maxed out the line is solid. Still a bit jagged, but solid. It's fine.
    I can't expect too much from an old 8800gt that i'm using currently. :p

Before:
    [​IMG]
    Maxed out:
    [​IMG]

7. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Oh, a pity that Christmas did not give you a 980 gtx :p

For the grip I precisely did some tests today, preparing Snetterton. A track like A1 ring historic is pretty easy with the 911. Long regular curves. Then I tried at Londrina long. More tricky, and harder to drive.

But your feedbacks are important. I do a lot of tests on my side.
    I only update tracks and some of them would deserve a scratch work like Alex Sawczuk does. Unfortunately I dont have skills for that , and I could give you one track every 4 months :O_o:

8. Haha, I wish.
    It's fine with the tracks...It doesn't need to be pro work to be enjoyable. And,btw, you seem to have enough knowledge to sort out the grip just fine. And that's all we need really - great layout/flow and good grip.

• Love Love x 1
  9. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Patrick. Thanks for another great track.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Can I ask, if the trackpack you've mentioned will be all BTCC ones? (fingers crossed)
    Believe you me Patrick you're work is appreciated don't downplay the skill you have in making these tracks work so well in GSCE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Thanks Kenny.

I have a real problem with Oulton. The track 3D mesh is built totally weirdly and it gives horible things ingame when I put roadshaders... I try to fix this but I cant for the moment.
    Croft will probably be hard to update correctly I suppose.

But check your PM Kenny ;-)

11. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

12. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Is Rockingham on your list by any chance? :)

Thanks for Thruxton, always look forward to your releases, top notch!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Thanks for the update Patrick. I was having to kinda tippy toe around the track, but maybe I'm just a lousy driver.
    Oulton is not the best but my conversion, via the tool, at least allows me to drive it until your proper version makes an appearance.

15. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

Already done some months ago, but without the new stuff.

16. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2