Tracks Thruxton (2 seasons) 1.03

Login or Register an account to download this content
Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Thruxton (2 seasons) - Thruxton for AMS

Sans_titre-2.20161128123140.jpg

Sans_titre-1.2016112812308.jpg

Sans_titre-1.20161213131611.jpg

Hi guys.
Here is another great track to complete the brit pack.
Thanks to Lasercutter for permissions and his great work on original track :)

Well, many work engaged here. I tried to correct some inacuracies in terrain (before stands), not perfect but...

Read more about this resource...

Wow...Thruxton was always my go-to track for testing vehicles or set-ups in rF1. Lasercutter's track was awesome and it's great to have it, improved, in AMS! Thanks.

I notice two oddities. The asphalt is brown, rather than the expected grey or black. Perhaps that is more accurate than Lasercutter's version? If so, ignore. The other strange thing is the fluorescent green paint at some corners. It doesn't match the rest of the natural looking scenery and textures. It looks too bright to be plausible. When I Google some pics of the track, those corners have the usual grass green paint that is found at many race tracks.

If you look at onboards, you will see the track has some reddish tone in it. Perhaps I bit too dark but it is not grey.

About green curbs, I found a recent video with the curbs painted in green, as I did. Perhaps it was for a special event, or made in 2016. Will try to find it.

Yes, the pavement is not black, but coloured like Road Atlanta and a few other tracks where they use local aggregate that has non-black tones in it. Ignore my comment about that one!

The green curbs are easily found in pics. It's the traditional race track green paint versus the fluorescent green that looks like it is an impossible tone and colour in real life. It looks like a digital overlay on an otherwise naturalistic set of colours and textures. If you Google Image Thruxton curbs, you'll see what I am talking about.

You can darken a bit the color. Just extract the .dds from the .mas. Don't remember the name. Roadgreen.dds perhaps, not sure. Darken it and save it into the track folder, as a loose file. No online mismatch

If you think it is realistic, I will leave it. You are the AMS mod track master :)

Hope you're working on CMP...another one of my all-time favourite tracks. I think it's the last one on your list?

Watching highlights from the British Superbikes 2016 you can see, I believe, the most resent state of the track. Those curb runouts are quite bright, but definitely not as bright and unnaturally fluorescent like they are right now.
Also the tarmac could be a bit brighter.

But otherwise great work, and nice to get Thruxton into AMS. Thanks.

Just a minor issue with the Thruxton GDB files. They are creating an inconsistent (compared to the rest of your track pack) extra menu layer, and it's putting the track out of order in the list.

VenueName = Addon Tracks,Thruxton Motorsport Center

should just be:

VenueName = Addon Tracks

I would just edit the GDB files but I think it would create a mismatch online.

Patrick Giranthon updated Thruxton (2 seasons) with a new update entry:

Single track package of Thruxton for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.
Green curb color change.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back