Thrustmaster TX458 - PC Issue

Hey guys,

Hope this is the correct place to ask...

I'm having a problem with my Thrustmaster TX 458 wheel.

Basically, whenever i plug it into the mains and then into my PC (or the other way around, it doesn't seem to make a difference) it doesn't work properly with any game until i restart my computer with everything plugged in.

If i open the software then highlight the wheel and click properties, this is the screen that opens:

1_zpswy00zamw.jpg

Whereas, if i restart my PC, this is the screen i get, and the actual screen i want/need:

2_zpsexldrw1e.jpg

Does anyone have any idea how i can make it so it just works without having to restart?

It gets fairly annoying when mid race, my cat runs past my PC and pulls the USB cable apart, meaning i have to abort everything i'm doing :(

Thanks.

1st Make sure your not running through a USB hub for maximum chance of no problems
2nd Make sure you are not plugged into a USB extension cable for maximum success
3rd Make sure your plugged into a USB2 connection for maximum chance of success
4th Get A Dog

HTH :)

Upvote 0
I would love a dog, but we live in a flat so it isn't an option :( Maybe when we get a house in the near future.

Yep, i've tried the USB slots on the back, and even a couple on the front

It's like it knows its a FFB Wheel, but doesn't know which version.

Upvote 0
I just got a T300RS and I had the same issue, I had to uninstall then reinstall the software and drivers and now it is working fine. Not sure why it did not work first time but that is PC's for you.

Upvote 0
I had some trouble with the new firmware update and it turned out, that disabling the Xhci-mode in my asus z87-c mobo helped to solve it. So i think, it was the usb3.0 that caused it somehow.

Try this if reinstall is not working.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back