FM5 Thrustmaster TX - Hacked Already lol

Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios)

Mark Reynolds

Physics & AI Programmer
Well my TX lasted about 24hrs before the screw drivers came out.

The standard 458 wheel is really really really nasty, and the 458GT wheel is ok, but too small for me to enjoy properly or take seriously.

So I ripped the TX and the GT rim apart to create my new love :)

Here we have a TX running my Sparco Mugello and SLI-Pro, the SLI provides all the buttons and rotary etc on the front with functionality etc, also using my T500 pedals which plug straight into the TX, never even tried the TX pedals I must be honest.

Ripped the shifter paddles from my T500 and hard wired them into quick connectors soldered to the guts of the 458GT main board, I need to keep the 458GT core like it is for now so I can retain functionality of controller being identified by the Xbox One.

I could hard wire all those controls through to my Mugello but seems rather pointless as none of those controls are required for the actual racing, all I needed was the shifters, which I already took care of as you can see. The SLI runs through the centre axle of the wheel as well so there is no nasty flappy cables around the wheel, and the wheel remains fully quick release as per the original, and also lets me swap out with any of the other T500/TX compatible wheels I have already or may come out in future, I have the best of both worlds for what I use it for at the moment.

Using this wheel in FM5 now it is properly setup is just sublime, only scratched the surface of FM5 but some of the cars in that game are very very seriously SIM when you take away all the aids and plug in a decent wheel like this, and I mean seriously sim, and seriously awesome.

I am a vet from the days of Indy 500 right through every sim / race game worth playing ever made, I run very serious stuff including regular serious racing on Iracing the lot, and let me tell you, this is up there with the best of them in many many ways.

I could sit and pick fault with many things in FM5, and probably lament about many many quirks of some of the cars and some of the tuning combinations, but sometimes you hit the right car with the right package and the game comes alive, and in that light the game a sure fire all time great for me.

As a game providing entertainment and excitement FM5 is delivering over and above much of what any other platform has to offer currently, and for me makes it a keeper and a winner so far, I have already splashed out with no reservations for the car pack pass without even batting an eyelid.

Anyways, a quick and dirty pic of the TX :)

2013-12-31 00.00.28.jpg

Last edited:
They added Long Beach and I thought one other but I could be mistaken. I've had FM5 since launch. The reason I don't compare FM5 to FM4 is because I haven't played FM4 in probably 2 years, even though I still own it. I don't seen the need to go back to it after playing FM5 for the last year.

The old original Mini is great to drive when modded up to D class max points.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back