Thrustmaster TX and T300 calibration issue's

2pfspiff

Xbox- SpiffPF2 PS4- Spiff2PF
If anyone is having an issue with their wheel I found a Motor calibration tool from Thrustmaster that recalibrate's the motor. If a hall sensor is going then this won't help, but if the calibration process when you plug it in seems kind of wonky then try it.
My wheel when calibrating was spinning fast to the left until it smashes against the stop then slow right then fast again (Kind of what the wheel did in the video in the link below, but in the opposite direction). After calibration and before actual driving, when turning my wheel to the left it would go real slow self centering and when I turned it to the right it would go fast self centering. Now it is like it was when it was brand new. Normal calibration and normal feel when self centering after turning in either direction.

Here is a link to the Pcars forum where this calibration tool is at. Inside the zip file is the PDF for the instructions. Just make sure that your wheel firmware is up to date first. This was a T300 in the video with the TX all you need to do is plug into the PC. Start the calibration program first then plug wheel into the computer.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...00RS-Self-Calibration-Issue-at-startup-solved

Like I said this worked for me.

I have used the tool twice now when my Thrustmaster Tx displayed the same symptoms as the wheel base in the video, both times running the calibration tool sorted it out and the wheel is back to normal.

I have several sims/games, including rF2, F1 2015, Dirt rally and P/cars, I feel that it is worth mentioning and pointing out that on both occasions that I have had to resort to using the calibration tool I had been trying P/cars and adjusting the in game Ffb settings, after adjusting some settings my Tx would react exactly like the wheel in the video.

It would be interesting to know if others have had similar issues and with which sim/game they started to manifest.

Upvote 0
It seems that the autocalibration of T300RS goes bonkers sooner or later, no matter what sim you are using. Mine lasted for a year without a problem. Now I have to use the calibration app every time I plug in the wheel or restart the PC.

Upvote 0
Raceroom, driving FR2 car.
About a month after receiving the T300RS servo, I had the ffb turned up to 100%, ran into the gravel, I tried to hold the wheel, but the ffb was too strong. After that off track excursion, my wheel was slightly cocked to the left and the start up calibration barely touches turning left - bangs loudly turning to the right and the wheel settled with a slightly left position.

I tried re-centering the wheel using Thrustmaster's re-centering procedure.
Although my wheel is now centered, the ffb feels slightly weaker when turning to the left and the start up procedure still barely touches turning left and banging loudly turning to the right.

I hope this tool fixes that.

Upvote 0
Like I said, if the hall sensor is going then your wheel will need to be sent in for repair. The brushless motor is probably a sensor type motor (I am only speculating) so this program would only re-calibrate the sensor in the brushless motor. Either way, my wheel is working like it did when I first got it. If I start having the same issue's again then I will let you know. My wheel did center, the self calibration of the wheel was off.

Upvote 0
Well my issue's are back. If you are having issue's with calibration then this tool is only a temp fix until it dies.
That sucks, did you try the tool again? my Tx first did it about six months ago and has been in almost daily use since then with only one re occurrence, I ran the tool again and set the fan to be on permanently and its been ok since then.
Are the Hall sensors internal to the motor or external?

Upvote 0
I ran the tool today and it worked fine. When I got off of the XB1 I unplugged it and replugged it back in and it calibrated funny. I will keep using it as long as it still works then I will order another servo. If that goes then it is time for a fanatec or a logitech.

Upvote 0
Ive had thus problem for awhile calibration only a temp fix..the rotary sensor bolts on but the slaming to one side broke the stop off the metal steering shaft .after totally disassembling it..ive found a used rotarty sensor but no luck with the main metal shaft.anyone know where to get parts for this wheel?

Upvote 0
I know this thread is old af, but I bought a faulty TX off eBay and the Auto Calibration is saying "Stall detected" no matter what inputs the wheel gets. If anyone here knows what I need to replace I'd be very grateful if you'd tell me thx

Upvote 0
I too have gone down the path of using this tool, only to have the calibration come up with the same symptoms. Goes slow to the left, and then dangerously fast to the right, and then kept acting weird after powering down.

I even installed the dell power supply at 6.7 amps and it did not fix the problem. I am very upset that after all these years that have gone by, no real research has gone into a fix. Mcnasty1 talked about

Ive had thus problem for awhile calibration only a temp fix..the rotary sensor bolts on but the slaming to one side broke the stop off the metal steering shaft .after totally disassembling it..ive found a used rotarty sensor but no luck with the main metal shaft.anyone know where to get parts for this wheel?

Does the new rotary sensor fix the calibration issue? Is this the key? Can someone report!?!?

Upvote 0
@biggnasty989
The plastic replacement part from shapeways is not a sensor, but the base that holds the sensor. This is usually broken, so this is replaced. If there is a crack which sometimes is not even easy to spot, you have the calibration problem and is fixed by just replaying this part.
The sensor itself rarely has a problem, but a cable can come loose, which you can resolder if needed. Clean the sensor and the magnet just to be sure there's no interference there while you're at it.
What do you mean it behaves strangely after you turn it off?
Also do not let it turn violently. Every hard stop destroys the internal stop of the main shaft.

@swazie
Your problem seems to be a motor problem probably. The magnetic core comes loose inside the motor, which you have to open (it's not so easy, be patient, then desolder the 3 wires) and glue it back in with some epoxy. Resolder, close, allign the cap and after it dries out, run the calibration tool again.

Upvote 0
If anyone is having an issue with their wheel I found a Motor calibration tool from Thrustmaster that recalibrate's the motor. If a hall sensor is going then this won't help, but if the calibration process when you plug it in seems kind of wonky then try it.
My wheel when calibrating was spinning fast to the left until it smashes against the stop then slow right then fast again (Kind of what the wheel did in the video in the link below, but in the opposite direction). After calibration and before actual driving, when turning my wheel to the left it would go real slow self centering and when I turned it to the right it would go fast self centering. Now it is like it was when it was brand new. Normal calibration and normal feel when self centering after turning in either direction.

Here is a link to the Pcars forum where this calibration tool is at. Inside the zip file is the PDF for the instructions. Just make sure that your wheel firmware is up to date first. This was a T300 in the video with the TX all you need to do is plug into the PC. Start the calibration program first then plug wheel into the computer.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...00RS-Self-Calibration-Issue-at-startup-solved

Like I said this worked for me.

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm facing issue with my T300 and would like to try the motor calibration software, known as Angle motor calibration / TXRW_CalibMotor_v3_00.exe
But I cannot find it. Does someone as a valid link ?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back