1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Boby Kim, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Today i have a day off at work so i presented myself with the nice Thustmaster TH8RS Shifter to use next to my G27. Huge disappointment to find out R3E only handles single controllers...(never did think of it, just took it for granted)
    Is there a remedy for it or have i just spent 100+ euro's for "nothing"?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

single controllers ?

As far as i remember you dont have enough usb ports on the average pc to extinguish the number of input devices r3e can see ..; (100+ as i remember)

you will just have to customise the profile to add the shiftre ... but i will contact devs if you are really stuck .. awaits your reply
    Andi

3. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Well, my G27 is set on ID 1 and the TH8RS is set on ID 2. I need to choose either one of them. So i can steer with the G27 or(!) i can use the TH8RS. Cant use them both at the same time.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

yes you can ... just double click on the gear you want to bind , then move the gear stick , this will create a new profile .... my gt3rs is id 1 and my clubsports are id 2 so it works

Andi

5. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Got it! I had to set the buttons in my Logitech profile. Sometimes the solution is so simple. Thanks for the help Andi!

You can close this up.

With regards, Boby

6. I cant manage this at all can you explain to me in a little more detail please

7. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

You only need to set the gears in your wheel profile in the game, after that you can delete your shifter profile.
    You have one controlset for all the in-put devices when you do this.

8. Where do I delete the original gear shifter?

9. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

The easiest way to do it is here
    C:\Users\Noob\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

10. Thanks a million thats great. How do I create a new profile?? ye were talking about earlier on??

11. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

If you change the default wheel profile it creates a new one.
    If you want to start all over because you have some missing devices, you have to delete this file
    C:\Users\Noob\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics.xml