Thrustmaster T500RS users, please respond!

Hey guys,
If you own a T500RS, and have a spare moment, I’d like to ask for your feedback.

I’m interested in buying a T500RS, but I would like to know if it suffers from “FFB fade.” I’ve read plenty of reviews that state that the FFB on the T500 is very strong, which is what I’m looking for. But, in your experience, does the FFB strength diminish during your racing session? If so, how long does it take before it happens? What sim are you running when it happens? Does it only happen in one sim, or many? What FFB strength do you use? Anything else you think I should know?

I recently purchased a high end racing wheel, but it suffered from really bad “FFB fade.” I didn’t know what that was before, but when I would use the wheel for 15 minutes, the FFB motor would heat up, and power to the motor would be reduced. The wheel would start out very strong, but after 15-20 minutes, it would be weaker than my DFGT. None of the reviews I read, or video reviews I watched mentioned anything about FFB fade, so I didn’t know it existed. So, I’ve read and watched plenty of reviews on the T500RS, but before I buy this wheel, I’d like to get a little community feedback on it.

Thanks you for your time.

I have it, and I use it with very strong effects in rFactor; and I never feel any fade, even in long rounds.

If you can buy it, do it. Before my T500, I had a G27, and simply its other level.

Upvote 0
Never feel fade, I have always full ffb in Simbin games and the longest run was 4 hrs.
If you use 100% of the T500 muscle power you're doing some thing wrong.

The default ffb strenght is 60%, that's about the same as 105% as a G27. If you use 100% something brakes and it's not the wheel.

I also read these dramatic stories on some forums were some ppl have 2 or 3 extra ventilators on the motor.

Upvote 0
Mine works great, no fade in anything really.

Setting the bar to 100% is useless and you only introduce clipping forces.
Set it at around 50-60 and then set in game strength.

This.

To the people going "Oh lolololol, super power beefy arms FFB ftw dude !": Well, sorry to say but your wheel is weak and by putting the FFB to 100% you just render it jerky and useless, yup.

Upvote 0
My old modded G25 + SLI-M is still doing well, never any problem (knock on wood)...
Still was looking around for some upgrade.
I don't need a fancy steeringwheel, already have one now, i could adapt.

Been driving a few times on pro simulators lately, with beefy servo controlled FFB...
If you want really strong.. that's the way to go.
3 laps and my arm muscles where close to giving up.
Instandly knew why the real race drivers standing next to me had such beefy arms.
But these setups and people can handle it.. and much more even i guess..
Compare that to the little motor the T500 contains.
I'm still amazed how much torque the T500 can generate with it.
But indeed at the expense of clipping, I seen in some test here or there.

But now I read here that 50-60% on the T500 is about the same strenght as the G25 / g27 on 100%, but than much better defined.
That put me off a little, i was hoping the strenght would be a quite bit more around the 60% mark.

Upvote 0
After 2 years of using only complaint I have on the fan (it is generally known), the switch to the left paddle and springs on the brakes.
But Thrastmaster's support has completed her work seamless in a short time.

Upvote 0
But now I read here that 50-60% on the T500 is about the same strenght as the G25 / g27 on 100%, but than much better defined.
That put me off a little, i was hoping the strenght would be a quite bit more around the 60% mark.

WHOA, is this true? The T500 at 60%, which it is commonly stated is its max without other troubles, is only as strong as the G27?

That is a deal killer. I want more FFB. I can't afford a Bodnar servo setup, but I was hoping that the T500 would at least be stronger than the G27!

Upvote 0
WHOA, is this true? The T500 at 60%, which it is commonly stated is its max without other troubles, is only as strong as the G27?

That is a deal killer. I want more FFB. I can't afford a Bodnar servo setup, but I was hoping that the T500 would at least be stronger than the G27!

It´s totally false, the T500 has 2X torque than G27, and you can feel it everytime.

On the other hand, its speed, effects, precision, and the feeling are so far than the G27.

Upvote 0
Well, the results have stopped trickling in, and they all look in favor of the T500. It looks like just under 5% of the combined sample experience “FFB fade” with the T500. Those are reassuring odds. I will be ordering one soon.

As I mentioned before, I posted this on several forums, so I’ll give the results per each forum.

Thank you all for your participation and feedback. I’m grateful that the sim-racing community is so full of helpful people.

[voters with “FFB fade”] / [total voters]

iRacing
4/45

GTPlanet
1/15

Inside Sim Racing
0/20

Race Department
0/11

rFactor forums
0/10

Gone Broke Racing
0/1

Total
5/102, so roughly 5% of the combined sample

Upvote 0
I don't have any fading with my t500rs. And for me this is the best steering wheel i've had so far! I own(ed) a thrustmaster 360 modena, 2x G25, saitek r440 and a G27. Saitek was the worst by far....
And i am simracing since 2001...

I use ffb strength at 60%

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back