1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Thrustmaster T500rs or G27 Logitech ?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Dux, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

I am planning on getting something new and replace my *ancient* Formula Force FX Logitech for something new once and for all.

The fact that some simulations, like Assetto Corsa, where cars that have H-shifters instead DSG behind the wheel, i know its required H-shifter for your steering wheel since that way is quicker.

I am not really some guru in making it on my own, like many people had done, and when i see their sim-racing place in the room looks alike alien ship!

I am talking for good quality wheel, which will be removed after 2-3 hours of driving.
    Obviously my first choice is G27 Logitech due to the H-shifter but some say, T500rs is better.

Now i want to hear if anyone of you has some experience and help me decide...

2. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

The T500 is a better wheel but you will have to buy the shifter separate so it all depends on your budget.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

If money is an issue the tx is as equally as good as the t500 and is $200-300 cheaper tho you get a cheaper pedal set and a rim upgrade is a must.....that being said your looking at the same price as a t500.
    I started with a g27 which I quite enjoyed but lacked ffb strength and was quite noisy.
    I upgraded to a fanatec gt3 with csr elite pedals but was less than impressed with it compared to the g27. It was heavy, ffb was numb due to thick rim and was slow in response. None of my games ever felt right. A few months ago I landed a good deal on a tx for $220 cdn and absolutely love it. The base rim is a bit cheap but manageable, I upgraded to a gte rim $125 and it brought the setup to a whole new level.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. Dux

Dux

I personally think its very big minus that T500rs doesnt have H-shifter.

Buying and installing separately would demand something else, which is unlikely to happen

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

I agree it's a bit disappointing I also miss the amount of map able buttons available with the g27, but I was able to overlook that factor once I felt the strength and quality in ffb.
    It's up to the user and what they value more, either way you cant go wrong as they are both excellent products :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Agreed, basically after adding a TH8RS shifter, you're well over 2x as much as a G27 currently. That being said, its well worth the money for a T500 and TH8RS over a G27 to me, that was exactly the route I went.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. It is a disappointment but the TH8RS or TH8A are both much better shifters than the G27 shifter. The G27 shifter feels like a plastic toy compared to the TH8RS or TH8A.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Dux

Dux

TH8RS is a shifter thats bought separately ?

9. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Yes and also made by Thrustmaster

10. Dux

Dux

How much does that costs?

11. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Depends, but I just paid £108 plus shipping for mine but that was for the TH8RS not sure about the TH8A and they are quite hard to get hold of at the moment so you will have to look around on the web to get one. They are basically the same shifter except the TH8A is the new version to work with consoles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dux

Dux

Playstation 3...

Is G27 Logitech for example, compatible with PS 3/4 ?

13. G27 is compatible with PS3, not PS4. Thrustmaster T500, T300, and TH8RS are all compatible with PS3 and PS4.