Thrustmaster T300RS Review

I decided to try it also and I am not that impressed.. It is deffentely better than g27 but not that much. It is still weak and you can feel hiqh frequency motor vibration. It is more plastic and the wheel is small. It is still more like a toy than a real hardware. I think to sell it as soon as I can get clubsport v2.

Upvote 0
I decided to try it also and I am not that impressed.. It is deffentely better than g27 but not that much. It is still weak and you can feel hiqh frequency motor vibration. It is more plastic and the wheel is small. It is still more like a toy than a real hardware. I think to sell it as soon as I can get clubsport v2.
All consumer wheels are toys, let's not kid ourselves if want totally realistic then the real thing will never be beaten.

Coming from a DFGT this is big step up for me.

I was testing something last night so I had no sound on, the wheel is silent and as for high frequency vibration what game was that in with what settings? You do get that in PCARS if the master scale is too high in the FFB settings.

Running this wheel in RF2 is fantastic with the URD mod the sensations and feedback are incredible but at the end of the day it is still a toy like all the rest.

Upvote 0
Can you elaborate a bit? Weak, compared to the G27, even higher than the recommended 70% gain? What games did you try it in? No more rattling I presume. (Still undecided but still have a couple of months to decide, if worth the risk taking it overseas w/ no support.).

Upvote 0
Weak as in it doesn´t have enough torque? Anybody having the money for a CSW V2 should also consider an OSW. While I have no doubt the CSW V2 will really show you what is meant by the T300RS being weak I imagine a 20 nm OSW wheel would do the same to the V2 easilly. It would not feel like a toy wheel anymore with an all metal construction no play anywhere unless you get the wrong quick release system and a wheel that can severly punish you :)

I have been quite happy with my TX though I do understand it´s a toy ;). But it feels good to race with much better then G27. You can easilly run your own rims which will make what you hold in your hand feel more real but of course the lack of torque gets more apparent the bigger and heavier rims you put on, But still after spending tons of time with the stock TX and F1 rim (and having superb fun with them) it´s a big smile putting on the 320 mm rim even though ffb maybe suffer a bit.

Upvote 0
Compared to strong :) Let say it is no more than 20-30% stronger than g27 which is not even close to the real thing. I have not race a gt car irl but I have some shifter karting trackdays and I barely can drive it more than 15 mins before my hands dies. And I do not expect such wheel to be that heavy but it is not even close it is just a little bit stronger than g27. So no rattling at all yes. Smoother - YES. I tired it on r3e and mostly Assetto corsa. The small vibrations from the motor you can feel them clearly when the forces are stronger. I have 85 gain in TM and 90 in Assetto and if you lower the gain it becomes very weak not stronger than g27 at all.

If it is the top of your budget go for it I do not thing it has comaprison on that price range expect t500 which I never tested so I do not know. I deffenetly want to test clubsport v2 and even thinking about accuforce I just want it as real as it gets.

Upvote 0
Compared to strong :) Let say it is no more than 20-30% stronger than g27 which is not even close to the real thing. I have not race a gt car irl but I have some shifter karting trackdays and I barely can drive it more than 15 mins before my hands dies. And I do not expect such wheel to be that heavy but it is not even close it is just a little bit stronger than g27. So no rattling at all yes. Smoother - YES. I tired it on r3e and mostly Assetto corsa. The small vibrations from the motor you can feel them clearly when the forces are stronger. I have 85 gain in TM and 90 in Assetto and if you lower the gain it becomes very weak not stronger than g27 at all.

If it is the top of your budget go for it I do not thing it has comaprison on that price range expect t500 which I never tested so I do not know. I deffenetly want to test clubsport v2 and even thinking about accuforce I just want it as real as it gets.
I see, thanks, thought it was weaker.

I was also considering the CSW v2, but being located remote from support, I think it's just way over too risky for the investment (especially after the bad experience w/ my 1-month old Elite pedals). So the T300 appears to be just the max I'm currently willing to risk again, as similarly there won't be support easily available, though I'm still at the edge of deciding. In your case, it may be fine as perhaps you can easily sell that, and get the CSW v2 instead ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first wheel was a CSR Forza wheel. I didn't have anything to compare it to at the time but it felt pretty good to me once I got a handle on the settings within the wheel itself. I now have a t300 as my 2nd CSR wheel started malfuntioning and I wasn't sending it back to Fanatec for another replacement, (2 wheels in less than a year was enough for me)

The main difference between my CSR and t300 is in their movements. The t300 has much stronger motors than the CSR. Where I would have to increase FFB in the Fanatec, I have to turn things down for the same resistance with the Thrustmaster. But with that being said, there were nuances that I felt with my CSR that I don't feel in my t300. For instance, my CSR did a better job of relaying loss of grip. The t300 is super smooth when turning but sometimes I don't have any idea what the front tires are doing. Keep in mind that every sim is different but in general, I liked how my CSR would go light when I lost front grip.

A buddy had a t300 and upgraded to the Fanatec Porsche wheel and according to him there isn't a big enough difference in feel to justify spending the extra money for the Fanatec. On the flip side, another buddy has a g25 and loves my wheel. Again all of this is subjective. Maybe one day if I have a wod of cash to blow, I'll treat myself to a direct drive wheel like an Acuforce. Not that it would make me any faster. :)

I say get what you can afford. Everyone will have an opinion of what's good or bad, judge for yourself.

Upvote 0
I have done some cosmetic tweaks to my RS & F1 wheels to make them look a little less toy like. I am quite pleased with the results after not spending a great deal on ebay.

46uB5Zb.jpg

mwPBmqr.jpg

YEArw3B.jpg

Upvote 0
Well after all that tweaking and sticking on stickers, the T300 is dying :(.

My DFGT worked flawlessly for 2 years, this has lasted just two weeks. It started a slight ticking sound when driving which has rapidly developed into a crunchy bearing sound, just like if your bottom bracket goes on your bike.

Not impressed, and debating as I am still eligible if I go for a refund. Don't know what to do now as the wheel itself was great but 2 weeks of slight use is appalling reliability.

Upvote 0
The more I hear of the problems that t300's seem to have the more glad I am that spent a little extra and went for the latest revision T500RS. I have absolutely no problems from my T500 in the 9 months I have owned it and that is with at least 1-3 hours daily use as time permits.

I love it compared to the rattly g27 I had previously.

Upvote 0
Dang, too bad, and I guess it's really risky taking it overseas. Now if only they offered just the wheel for the T500.

If it's difficult for you to purchase one Joel, in my experience I would leave the T300. It is relatively easy (I hope) for me to send it back to my supplier and get a replacement as there is a two year warranty. After debating what to do I am going to give it a another go with a replacement as the problem is there is no other equivalent wheel in that price range that offers that good a wheel. The FFB is fantastic and my wheel does still work fine but the noise is getting worse and I don't think it is going to get better.

As I say I am not sure what the alternative would be and although Logitech wheels have proven reliability after using the T300 there is no going back to gear driven FFB.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know @Lazarou. It's sad, as I really was looking forward to getting a belt-driven. Dang quality issues, still hasn't changed since last year. :mad: My 2 year G27 has been as fine as new (except for some cleaning needed in the pedal pots).

So it might just be the wheelstand alone. BTW, what chair are you using... what holds it from sliding back?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I know @Lazarou. It's sad, as I really was looking forward to getting a belt-driven. Dang quality issues, still hasn't changed since last year. :mad: My 2 year G27 has been as fine as new (except for some cleaning needed in the pedal pots).

So it might just be the wheelstand alone. BTW, what chair are you using... what holds it from sliding back?
Gt Omega chair & Wheel Stand Pro. And I worked out a cam buckle strap from ebay does a fantastic job of holding the two together under braking, then you can just uncouple it and fold it all away.

6JU7cN8.jpg

Upvote 0
Well after all that tweaking and sticking on stickers, the T300 is dying :(.

My DFGT worked flawlessly for 2 years, this has lasted just two weeks. It started a slight ticking sound when driving which has rapidly developed into a crunchy bearing sound, just like if your bottom bracket goes on your bike.

Not impressed, and debating as I am still eligible if I go for a refund. Don't know what to do now as the wheel itself was great but 2 weeks of slight use is appalling reliability.
I got one last march buddy and it packed in after 3 weeks.I got a refund in disgust at the poor reliability. That's when I got my DFGT,and truth be told it didn't feel massively different .Yes the T300 was stronger but it didn't dull my enjoyment any.Just recently I got a new G27 as I know they are a known quantity. And once again it doesn't feel that much better than the DFGT,but it feels like quality and it has a cracking pedal set.I think I'll stick with it and save for an Accuforce,if your going to upgrade you may as well go the whole hog.

Upvote 0
Looking at the mods for your wheel and that lovely F1 wheel,If I were you I would definitely get a replacement .There's bound to be a few Friday wheels amongst all the good one's.When I got a refund I overreacted,I should have got a replacement. The movement on the T300 is smooth as silk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have done some cosmetic tweaks to my RS & F1 wheels to make them look a little less toy like. I am quite pleased with the results after not spending a great deal on ebay.

46uB5Zb.jpg

mwPBmqr.jpg

YEArw3B.jpg
I'm confused with your 2 posts @Jake Fangio. :) W/c is it, you now prefer having the T300 replaced, or just better sticking w/ the Logitech?
He's modded it and spent extra cash on it,so he should give it another try.I didnt want to sound like I was trashing the wheel,as the T300 is a nice wheel.

I probably over reacted and should of got a replacement,but i'm a hot head and reacted in disgust.
I'm also saying that the differences between these mid range wheel's are small,and that they don't really make a difference to the immersion unless you spend huge money IMO.

I should of put all of this in my first post,because i'm beginning to confuse myself now:geek:.I have a history of reacting before engaging brain:).

Upvote 0
I see t300 better than g27 in all aspects (own both) but if you have the cash you can skip it and update with csw v2 or accuforce. But if you don't plan to invest that much t300 is way better I ordered adapter from simracehardware and Fanatec gt rim for their universal hub to mount it on my t300 to see how it will feel with bigger rim

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back