Thrustmaster T300RS problem

About 7-8 months ago I purchased a Thrustmaster T300RS with the Ferrari Alcantara wheel rim. Recently I begun have an annoying issue in which I hope any of you have tips for.

The quick release knob which is used to fasten the rims to the base is slowly becoming loose while using the wheel. Resulting in a noticeable wobble and me having to tighten it mid race.

Could it be something to do with the little screw in the quick release? I never understood what that was for.
I hope one of you has the fix for me!

Carefully loosen the black set-screw then tighten the barrel / rim retention nut.
Do not go 'crazy'.by over-tightening...all you are trying to do, is take up that last bit of slack.
TM says hand-tight, so if you have a tendency to over-tighten things, go that route.
I personally found initially, that last bit was not exactly achievable by hand.
I had to use a wide mouth oil filter plier (jaws wrapped with tape) to get that last 1/8 turn and the wobble went away.
I found it amazing that 1/8 turn made the difference between wobble and no wobble.
Carefully re-tighten the screw.
Again....do not over-tighten it, or you will strip the plastic threads.
The screw just keeps the barrel nut from working loose once tightened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Carefully loosen the black set-screw then tighten the barrel / rim retention nut.
Do not go 'crazy'.by over-tightening...all you are trying to do, is take up that last bit of slack.
TM says hand-tight, so if you have a tendency to over-tighten things, go that route.
I personally found initially, that last bit was not exactly achievable by hand.
I had to use a wide mouth oil filter plier (jaws wrapped with tape) to get that last 1/8 turn and the wobble went away.
I found it amazing that 1/8 turn made the difference between wobble and no wobble.
Carefully re-tighten the screw.
Again....do not over-tighten it, or you will strip the plastic threads.
The screw just keeps the barrel nut from working loose once tightened.

I had this problem before, but I just check my set screw periodically for tightness and all remains well

Thanks to both of you, tightening the little screw was the issue! It was quite loose. Need to still set it a little tighter, as I was carefully not to over-tighten it. But had way less wobble issues last night.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back