thrustmaster settings?

Pretty sure yes. You will feel stronger forces at very low speed, once you are over 120 km/h or so basically you will get 100% signal all the time. If you read the link I shared you will understand why. Or this one.

Great explanation y!

Anyway the "problem" was that I have less force out-game (60%), so I need put more ffb in-game, as Carlos said.

Depends in your out-game and in-game settings.

Great explanation y!

Anyway the "problem" was that I have less force out-game (60%), so I need put more ffb in-game, as Carlos said.
I suggest using something like this so you can see if/when it's clipping:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin

I have my T500 at 40% in the profiler (out of game) because the FFB is too non-linear above that, and with the F1 car even at 1.0 in-sim I'll see some mild clipping at higher speeds. At 60% in profiler + 1.0 in-sim it would definitely be clipping a lot.

I suggest using something like this so you can see if/when it's clipping:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin

I have my T500 at 40% in the profiler (out of game) because the FFB is too non-linear above that, and with the F1 car even at 1.0 in-sim I'll see some mild clipping at higher speeds. At 60% in profiler + 1.0 in-sim it would definitely be clipping a lot.

I've heard (I think it was TechAde?) that 60% gives the most linear (or as linear as other values) FFB in the T500.

Edit: Yes, it was him. He deserves to be trusted, knowing his work :)

Last edited:
I've heard (I think it was TechAde?) that 60% gives the most linear (or as linear as other values) FFB in the T500.

Edit: Yes, it was him. He deserves to be trusted, knowing his work :)
He knows his stuff for sure, but the 40% comes from David Tucker, an engineer at iRacing who's written a tool for testing this stuff. In truth all these wheels (below Leo's direct drive wheel) become increasingly non-linear as you request more of the motor, so less than 40% is actually even more linear but of course you need some force. I think anything between 40 and 60% is fine though. Main thing is to avoid clipping, as you said.

Well, David is another very good source :) perhaps the difference is very low...
Actually I don't know if David recommended 40 so much as his tests showed it to be the ideal sweet spot, but I think he may have suggested something closer to 60 so there's more force. I just skewed toward the ideal side of it. :) I think it's only above 60 that it starts to go highly non-linear.

i use 60% and then most cars between 0.65-0.75 in game ffb (karts @ 1.0) seems to be good settings that still has decent force without clipping, as has been mentioned the pedal overlay plugin is handy for spotting clipping but its pretty obvious especially while cornering hard. Also the "Steering torque minimum" needs setting to 0.06-0.08 which counteracts the deadzone of the t500 (found in the controller.ini)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back