F1 2015 Thrustmaster Italia 458 TX Force Feedback

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Just a quick query here regarding the FFB in this game (on the Xbox btw) using the above noted wheel. I got the wheel for Christmas from the missus but have spent all my time in pCars since but with the new F1 season on us I have started getting back into F1 2015 again. Previously I was enjoying it using my trusty Thrustmaster Spider and was looking forward to the extra immersion that the big brother of that great little wheel would bring. However, I have been left a little underwhelmed by what I have discovered so far.

It’s ok but for me feels a bit nondescript. There is some resistance when turning and a very good feel of the kerbs but very little in the way of feel for the track or what the car is doing, ie: losing grip, brakes locking up, etc. I have played around a little with the in-game settings which are very limited in F1 2015 (unlike pCars which goes the complete other way with so many things to tweak) but have not really found anything that really makes much difference. Cranking up the FFB seems to just tighten the wheel around the centre, giving more resistance into the corners but does little to enhance the actual effects at all. Reducing wheel weight (now down at around 60%) does seem to bring out some very light effects but not much and the negative side of that is that you are then you are left with a very light feeling wheel with probably even less resistance than my Spider.

Just wondering whether others are finding the same or am I on my own in this respect.

Just a quick query here regarding the FFB in this game (on the Xbox btw) using the above noted wheel. I got the wheel for Christmas from the missus but have spent all my time in pCars since but with the new F1 season on us I have started getting back into F1 2015 again. Previously I was enjoying it using my trusty Thrustmaster Spider and was looking forward to the extra immersion that the big brother of that great little wheel would bring. However, I have been left a little underwhelmed by what I have discovered so far.

It’s ok but for me feels a bit nondescript. There is some resistance when turning and a very good feel of the kerbs but very little in the way of feel for the track or what the car is doing, ie: losing grip, brakes locking up, etc. I have played around a little with the in-game settings which are very limited in F1 2015 (unlike pCars which goes the complete other way with so many things to tweak) but have not really found anything that really makes much difference. Cranking up the FFB seems to just tighten the wheel around the centre, giving more resistance into the corners but does little to enhance the actual effects at all. Reducing wheel weight (now down at around 60%) does seem to bring out some very light effects but not much and the negative side of that is that you are then you are left with a very light feeling wheel with probably even less resistance than my Spider.

Just wondering whether others are finding the same or am I on my own in this respect.
I think in general the FFB is weak in this game,and you have got used to Pcars ffb which is more detailed.I'm on the PC and have had to add damper and spring in the Logitech Profiler(G27),It's the only game I run with damper and spring.You could hook your wheel up to a pc and probably do the same.But this would entail a lot of faffing about, and chopping and changing when you want to run Pcars.

Thanks for confirming my views on it. Just wanted to make sure it was not something with my wheel or settings but as it is good in pCars I assumed it was purely in this game. Hopefully they will add some beef to it for 2016.

Anyone here play Dirt Rally on PC? If so how is the FFB in that game? I'm looking forward to it's XBO release in a couple of weeks time and hoping it will be a preview of better FFB in the next F1 too. The settings at least look much improved :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back