F1 2010 Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit Questions

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Haha, Good choice though imo G27 is too expensive for me :) Good luck with your choice and yh use the wardrobe as a cockpit like this:

|____| Built in a chair and get the door on the outer end and you will have a mount before you do this make something u can put on your pedals and there is your cockpit

Finally decided, going for the Logitech GT and mount it to my desk when in use, people might think I need carting away if I sit in a wardrobe for too long which would be easy to do if they added wheels to it :tongue:

G27's are the dogs danglely bits though but would mean saving up for a couple of months, damn, back to the G27 again.

You know those beds you pull down from the wall, something like this to mount the wheel in :tongue:

If you are planning on playing a lot, you might as well save up a few months for the extra £70!!!! It will be worth it! Gear change paddles not buttons. H pattern gearbox, 3 better quality pedals and a leather wheel.

I didnt even send Logitech anything in trade-in for the 20% off which makes it £200 direct from them, cheaper than anywhere else online last I checked.

YOu've waited this long for a wheel, chill and save up the money.

If I purchased any other wheel than the G27 then all I would be thinking about is the G27 and what an idiot I am for not waiting, all my logitech stuff works, even the mouse I gave to my auntie in 2006 that I bought in 2004, still going strong.

Now if I had cleaned my teeth more then the wait would only be 3 weeks, but now its been put back to 5 weeks, which is ok because 2011 comes out about the same time.

Still need more info though...

1. Does the FFB make a lot of noise and can it be turned off so I don't keep everyone awake?

2. Fed up with waiting, how to combat this? (EDIT: and yes I already have been though every G27 vid on youtube)

If I purchased any other wheel than the G27 then all I would be thinking about is the G27 and what an idiot I am for not waiting, all my logitech stuff works, even the mouse I gave to my auntie in 2006 that I bought in 2004, still going strong.

Now if I had cleaned my teeth more then the wait would only be 3 weeks, but now its been put back to 5 weeks, which is ok because 2011 comes out about the same time.

Still need more info though...

1. Does the FFB make a lot of noise and can it be turned off so I don't keep everyone awake?

2. Fed up with waiting, how to combat this? (EDIT: and yes I already have been though every G27 vid on youtube)

1. The G27 wheel doesnt make much noise mate. What makes it rattle/vibrate is the 'environmental effects' such as riding the curb - but you can turn these off in the game whilst still having full control over weight and feedback levels.

I just tested it out with 0% environmental and to be honest my paddle changer clicks are more noisy than the motors!
Obviously how and what its attached to also make a difference to the overall noise. Ive got a couple layers of corrugated card under mine which absorb things nicely.

I usually only run a maximum of 20% enviro effects and even then its a pretty smooth vibration compared to having it up silly high like 100%.

2. Use this spare time to create a time machine, go back and remind yourself to clean your teeth regularly. Then jump to 3 weeks from today and start enjoying your G27.

Cheers for info Paul, also does the gears unit have to be attached for the rest to work?

2. Use this spare time to create a time machine, go back and remind yourself to clean your teeth regularly. Then jump to 3 weeks from today and start enjoying your G27.

Well, I could paint my wardrobe blue and stick a flashing light on the top and call it the tardis, resulting in getting carted off and sedated for a month, thats the closest to time travel that I can think of without doing a cartman :tongue:

Cheers for info Paul, also does the gears unit have to be attached for the rest to work?

Well, I could paint my wardrobe blue and stick a flashing light on the top and call it the tardis, resulting in getting carted off and sedated for a month, thats the closest to time travel that I can think of without doing a cartman :tongue:
If your budget supports a g27 it definetely supports a small desk
Small Desk.jpg
or when you use your wardrobe its free! But yeah the small desk is kinda handy, But yeah just saying, If you have enough cash to buy it and you want a good wheel are a dedicated racer then definetely buy the G27 Better Pedals better wheel and a very nice shifter and ofcourse the shifter pedals!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back