F1 2013 Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience issue

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Anybody using this wheel and pedal? If so, do your paddle shifters keep breaking or playing up after about 4 months of heavy use (for me that's about 5 hours a week playing)?

I'm onto about my 6th one now as it has a 12 month warranty. I keep replacing it with the same thing as it's got everything I need and it's easy to take it to the shop and swap it for brand new BUT i'm kinda getting sick of doing that now...

So, anyone else have this problem and before I pull it apart and possibly void my warranty, has anyone fixed it themselves??

Cheers,
bd

Six..:confused:
Same problems here Bill.:( First, left paddle broke at one tight part inside the wheel, I fixed that with small metal part and screw. Adding it around broken part of paddle. That is almost 1 year from that and it works ok.:thumbsup: Only problem now are switches for gear shifters, originals have gone off. So I replaced them, but without stand. So now their pin brakes every 1-2 months and I have to replace it. If you have nerves and 20min at every month you can try that.:D
I'm saving for better wheel and planning to build my own custom one. Will see what will happen first.:cool:

Hi Bill,

Hope your off the GoGo Juice? I had the same wheel and the same issues. The problem comes from the gear paddles have a thin bit of plastic that hits the micro switch when you press the change. The plastic is very brittle and easily breaks. I found that I had to be very relaxed when changing gear...

I upgraded the wheel to the thrustmaster F430 which has metal parts for the paddles and have had no problems for over a year. The extra rpice I paid was well worth it as this wheel has real force feedback. Its no Logitech but its also affordable if your on a budget.

Good luck and maybe wheel race each other soon!

Hi Bill,

Hope your off the GoGo Juice? I had the same wheel and the same issues. The problem comes from the gear paddles have a thin bit of plastic that hits the micro switch when you press the change. The plastic is very brittle and easily breaks. I found that I had to be very relaxed when changing gear...

I upgraded the wheel to the thrustmaster F430 which has metal parts for the paddles and have had no problems for over a year. The extra rpice I paid was well worth it as this wheel has real force feedback. Its no Logitech but its also affordable if your on a budget.

Good luck and maybe wheel race each other soon!

Hi Justin,

Good to hear from you.
I'm back ON the GoGo Juice, that's why i'm breaking my shifters :D
I plan to ask them about an upgrade. Hmmmm, F430..... Will look into it.

Cheers,
bd

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%