F1 2011 Thrustmaster F430

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Anyone else using this wheel and finding F1 2011 almost impossible to play?

I've been doing tests with a friend using a pad we both use exactly the same race settings in terms of full traction for testing reasons and quite obviously the pad easily out performs the wheel.

I'm not sure if it's due to the wheel settings or what but it's almost impossible to play competitively or at a decent race pace.

I have the Thrustmaster F430 Ferrari and i just tried. For me it's OK, i find only FFB is not too strong in brakes and corners than a game like rfactor and race 07.

Now i must try to drive without help.

Question: Is there an option to stop to back when we brake?

Edit: in ps3

I didn't find this and I won't take credit for it. Username Xtra posted this on NoGrip racing forum for logitech wheels, but it worked for my TM F430 wheel on the PC. If you got to your game directory (Program Files(x86)/Codemasters/F1 2011/actionmap) and right click on the F430 Force Feedback NEW.xml and select edit. Mine opens with notepad, and the first few lines look like this:
<ActionMap deviceType="044fb65a" schemeType="044fb65a" priority="5" isWheel="true">
<!-- In Game Actions -->
<Action actionName="Steer Left">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="044fb65a" baseCalibration="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.2" saturation="1.0" />
</Action>
<Action actionName="Steer Right">
<Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisX" deviceName="044fb65a" baseCalibration="biDirectionalUpper" deadZone="0.2" saturation="1.0" />

Where it says deadZone="0.2" for Steer Left and Steer Right, change it to read deadzone="0.0" for both Steer Left and Steer Right and then save (Make sure to save a back-up copy of the original file first!). I've been testing the game for the last 2 hours and everything is working fine, and the steering feels so much smother now, I improved my lap time at the Nurburgring by 1.5 seconds already. Now I really don't know the first thing about programming or if changing this line could have any adverse effects, but I've been driving for the last 2 hours with no problems so far. I hope this helps, I know it sure improved the handling for me!

HEY... CAN ANYONE HELP ME!

i want fo buy this wheel but i dont know if it works perctly with ps3!!

anyone playing in a ps3???

So i will give you my opinion:

When i bought this steeringwheel i played only on PC with rfactor and Race 07. For this game, it is perfect. Now i played less and i have a PS3. So I tested my steering wheel the last year with F12010 and it was horrible, no sense of FFB. This year i saw the steeringwheel was supported with the game. So I tried some days ago. And to play, accelerate, brake and turn all is ok, but the problem for me it's the FFB, it's not too strong like in a pc game. Futhermore others race games in ps3 not supported this steeringwheel. So To my mind, maybe it's better to invest in a logitech wheel, because you could play with more game in ps3, but too in PC if a day you can. It's maybe more easier to sell it too. The best solution will be to test the steeringwheel.

I hope to help you.

Sorry for my english.

no it doesn't work on ps3. i was just about to reply to your other comment and was seeing if someone had done so already. if you would like proof that it ONLY WORKS ON PC then they tell you in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lwfSUKnmqI

h
ope I helped.

hey.. thanks for answering!

I saw the video.. it's a review from 2008! In the description of the video they say that it does work with ps3 now.
At the site of thrustmaster they say that that wheel works with some titles in ps3 too.
So... i know it will work with ps3.. i just dont know if the force feedback is good.

thanks anyway..

So i will give you my opinion:

When i bought this steeringwheel i played only on PC with rfactor and Race 07. For this game, it is perfect. Now i played less and i have a PS3. So I tested my steering wheel the last year with F12010 and it was horrible, no sense of FFB. This year i saw the steeringwheel was supported with the game. So I tried some days ago. And to play, accelerate, brake and turn all is ok, but the problem for me it's the FFB, it's not too strong like in a pc game. Futhermore others race games in ps3 not supported this steeringwheel. So To my mind, maybe it's better to invest in a logitech wheel, because you could play with more game in ps3, but too in PC if a day you can. It's maybe more easier to sell it too. The best solution will be to test the steeringwheel.

I hope to help you.

Sorry for my english.

I understand... yeah.. if the FFB ins't that good if think its better to invest in another wheel!!
that was exactly my doubt!!

your post really helped me!!! thanksss!!!!!!

Steering deadzone - 1%
Steering saturation - %15
Steering linearity - 1%
Throttle deadzone - 0%
Throttle saturation - 10%
Brake deadzone - 0%
Brake saturation - 10%

This makes you use the full 300' steering without it being twitchy, nice and smooth.

Thanks for the settings.
I have tried some different settings along these lines and come up with the following as I was still spinning out alot without TC on.

Steering deadzone - 0%
Steering saturation - 40%
Steering linearity - 10%
Throttle deadzone - 25%
Throttle saturation - 0%
Brake deadzone - 1%
Brake saturation - 10%

well it does work with these ps 3 titles:

Your wheel is now compatible with some PlayStation® 3 games (along with Force Feedback functionality), including:

- COLIN McRae - DIRT® 2 - PS3

- F1 2010 - PS3

- F1 2011 - PS3

- SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED™ - PS3

- SPLIT/SECOND VELOCITY - PS3

- SUPERCAR CHALLENGE - PS3

- SuperStars® V8 Next Challenge – PS3

- WRC Fia World Rally Championship – PS3

- WRC 2 - Fia World Rally Championship – PS3

- Other titles coming soon....

hi, thankfully topic is still open.

Does anyone have rFactor real feel settings for Thrustmaster F430?
I play F1 mods usually. Also which driver package is preferable? FFD_1 or FFD_2? Thanks in advance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back