1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster F1 add-on Wheel Paddle switch fix

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Daveo, Dec 13, 2014.

1. First off I have to say how disappointing I'm with Thrustmaster.

Going on two weeks with only one reply asking to upload video and copy of invoice which I did that same day. Haven't heard a word even after several more email attempts since.

Problem is the Paddle switches are junk. So I took matters in my own hands and replaced them with Omron B3F-5051 or if you don't want Gold plating go with B3F-5050. .52 cents at Mouser Electronics. Original tact switch is rated at 100K cycles, these new switches are rated at 10M cycles.

"PIT" button doesn't work either so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Can't say I would ever buy Thrustmaster again with there terrible service.
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Humzah Hussain

Humzah Hussain

Sorry to hear the problems you have, I do feel Thrustmaster are not doing too well nowadays. Good to hear you've found a replacement switch for the paddle shifters. For the main buttons on the front, you could use a series of buttons. I know the opening of the button hole is 12/13mm wide, the first ones would be Knitter Buttons from Leo Bodnar and also you can get Momentary Buttons like on DSD or SRH Button Boxes.
  3. Thanks Humzah I will check out the knitter button at Leo Bodnar
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Humzah Hussain

Humzah Hussain

5. Received the switches today, might be a bit tall for some but they do work and look great.
    Have a look at the photos. I also ordered some Sealed Minature switches from MCM electronics. might uses those instead depending on what they look like. If I do I will update post with new photos. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/26-4680

F1 Wheel front.jpg F1 Wheel inside.jpg Sealed Minature Pusg Button Switch.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Humzah Hussain

Humzah Hussain

Nice work man! :)

They're a bit tall for me but they do look good.
  7. Installed the Sealed Switches from MCM. Sealed switches are way better for this application. I'll save the NKK switches for a button box. Sealed switches are also 1/2 the price of the NKK switches.
    F1 Wheel with sealed switch.JPG
    F1 Wheel with sealed switch profile.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Humzah Hussain

Humzah Hussain

Very nice, the sealed switches sit much better on the wheel.

Good work :)
  9. i just replace the original buttons with these bigger buttons and new vinyl stickers.Buttons have better feeling and 100k cycles.

• Like Like x 3