Thrustmaster Australian Formula Master is here!

Chris

Premium
Calling all Australians! RaceDepartment's Thrustmaster Australian Formula Master is kicking off for its inaugural season and now is your time to get involved!

Drivers will battle it out over five rounds on some of the most prestigious circuits in the world including Silverstone, Monza and Spa-Francorchamps. The battleground is not complete unless there is something to tackle it with, so the car on offer is the 266 horsepower, 2009 chassis of the International Formula Master. With no traction control or ABS, drivers will have to have their wits about them as they jostle for position in the hope of taking ultimate glory. Have you got what it takes?

Thanks to the ongoing support of Thrustmaster throughout this championship, the overall winner of the Drivers Championship will be rewarded with a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter!

Signups are now open! For details and requirements on participation, please click here.

Highlights of each round will be posted to RaceDepartment's official YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe to see this and many more incredible racing leagues currently on offer here at RaceDepartment!

RD AFM logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note if anyone had raceroom with Bathurst and DTM 92 pack feel free to jump on the SniperR3E practice server, seriously these DTM's at Bathurst is a ripper, worth spending the $20 to get it. @Matt Bailey , @Sun Levi ,@Justin

Password is sniper

EDIT: anyone want to jump on to this at say 5.30 AEST today for a few laps?????? let me know

Last edited:
Still need to buy the pack but seeing as it's only 6 or 7 bucks on Steam until the end of the sale I may as well buy it today

Should be able to fit some laps in with you boys around 5:30, sure. :)

On another note if anyone had raceroom with Bathurst and DTM 92 pack feel free to jump on the SniperR3E practice server, seriously these DTM's at Bathurst is a ripper, worth spending the $20 to get it. @Matt Bailey , @Sun Levi ,@Justin

Password is sniper

EDIT: anyone want to jump on to this at say 5.30 AEST today for a few laps?????? let me know

Good to see this, I'll keep an eye on the server for people online. If anyone wants to add me to their raceroom contacts its the same as my forum name. Doing this shows a star next to the server when your contacts are on it.

I'm sorry you're not enjoying the car guys :( I know it can be tough, and requires a large amount of setup work, but it was the only option for an open-wheeler league as I got a resounding "No" on a second season with the Formula Abarth.

Next season will be the final car change, and it's going to be absolutely epic :D

@Chris Stacey like I said, I am enjoying it. But I'm lying if I say I love this car :roflmao: I enjoy the challenge, yes it's annoying but in a good way? If that makes any sense ahaha, like the Sauber C9/98T, I love driving those cars even though it's hard as hell.

@Niki Đaković I'm pretty sure your joking, right? :p

Last edited:
Haha very nice of you to say Sun :) However, I myself do get frustrated with this car. Especially with its unpredictable tyre behavior when you get beyond 96%. Don't worry, critisisms of the car are not at all a bad thing, because I also believe this car to have somewhat flawed physics. I'm not at all convinced that this is how it handles in real life. It's a shame because CTDP have made some fantastically accurate mods for rF1 in the past.

But it's more than raceable, and if Round 1 is anything to go by, then this should be a really exciting season for all :)

You might want to consider the future FW31 version, i test it regulary: and i can tell you that it's a blast to drive :D it has shitloads of downforce, but still a b**** sometimes :)

Keep an eye on the FC thread ;) (no publicity :p)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.7%