F1 2010 Throttle Settings for Valencia??

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,I've been reading that Valencia is a track that you can easily run out of fuel at. Well, I have a 100% league race next Friday (I'm yet to practice), and I would love to know which settings I should use so I don't run out?Also got a 100% league race at bahrain tonight. Could I do the entire race at Bahrain on the 'fast' setting without running out of fuel?Thanks for your help! Andrew(I'm on 360)

I can run out of fuel at Valencia running standard mapping all the way through a 50% race.

Ive been thinking these factors were to blame -

1. Im using engine braking too much and lashing it down through the gears.
2. Im over revving the engine
3. 7th gear is screaming by the end of the long run after the bridge.
4. Too much spinning on acceleration

So, to try and compensate for these, in some practice races I have been experimenting -

1. Lengthened my braking points to slow the car more before down shifting
2. Shift up before hitting the red LEDs
3. Lengthen 7th gear.
4. Be smoother with the throttle

None of this s**t has worked.

And what is even more frustrating, is watching videos of people who run auto gears (like Marine) who never run out of fuel (like Marine) but the engine is literally screaming its t*ts off before auto changing up, and also seem to be able to brake later than I ever can with my manual box. Plus I also know that our setups and overall 'speed' seem very similar.

I bet I could run out on a 50% running cruise mapping and half throttle all the way.

I'm aware of the engine map bug & always leave it to standard, & change on the fly.

Steve Stoop aka HercMcDerp aka TheVillain aka Cadmuss, only just made it to the end in this race.

As you can see he uses the full throttle range, as do some autogears users who are way into overrevving like Paul says... & adjusting 7th gear didnt make a difference either.

I never touch the engine in the pits, so it's always standard. At the beggining of the race I switch it to fast map as soon as the red lights are gone in the race. Now sometimes it's already set to Fast if in my practice/quali it was on fast (seems to remember it, same for the wing)

Just did another 50% at Valencia, ran the whole race on fast setting (well 28/29 laps, got lapped by the winner) and no fuel warning. Would have fininshed 5th, but one driver ran out of fuel :rolleyes: so I got 4th for free.

I can add that on this track I do have a big problem with overrevving and wheelspin but that is more due to my setup and not because I use autogears. Usually I have very little problem with that on other tracks and I have never, ever run out of fuel in any race whatsoever,
so for me it's a mystery why some of you have this issue.

Also: I have all my setups on standard and change to fast on track as soon as the start goes

Well I did another 50%. Ran the 1st 6 laps on fast, then switched to cruise. Lap 18 switched to fast for 2 laps then back to standard. Then the fuel light came on lap 25 & I switched to cruise, & ran out of fuel on lap 28.
(I also got held in the pits & went from 4th to 24th GP mode, patch installed, had to wait for 5 other cars)
No assists & was careful not to overrev

Last nights 50% I ran standard the whole time. Drove very carefully didnt max out the revs in any gear.
Fuel light started blinking at the end of lap 26. I changed to cruise and drove the last 3 laps with around 70% throttle, short shifting and coasting the corners. Didnt run out and brought it in 3rd.

Still frustrated by the auto boxers boasting of running on fast the entire race, but I believe they were behind me, so I cant grumble too much :D :D

Well I just did 1 on autogears. Everso slightly slower but not much. Anyaway I did at least 10 laps on fast (possibly a few more) & the rest on standard, & the fuel light didnt come on until end of lap 28, & I left it on fast & finished without running out of fuel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%