F1 2013 Throttle and Brakes super senstive

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm using a PS3 controller connected to my PC to play. It has worked 100% perfect for 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2013, however, depressing the R2 trigger (throttle) slightly causes almost full throttle in game, making good starts impossible and driving without TC (which I always do) extremely difficult. Hope CM patch this soon.

Also, is it just me or are cars a LOT more slippery and tail-happy this game?

EDIT: Windows options shows the Trigger axis working fine.

P
Well, I have a cheap ripoff of the Dualshock, so, nothing like that on my controller. Guess I'm doomed until there is a patch to fix this. Oh well, thanks anyway for the tip.

Yeah, agreed on this one. There isn't much of a difference between full TC and no TC in 2013. In 2012, I would start spinning without TC, in 2013 I spin with it too. Heck, I turn it off and there's no difference (not any that I can gather, anyway). It's just like the TC is off at all times, no
Probably. If that is the case it's something that they shouldn't have any problems fixing.

Codemasters must have forgotten there are some people who play with gamepads too...
I know it's a sucky explanation, but...
You wouldn't go and try playing golf with a basketball, would you?
The last three games proved, that a steering a system that works both for steering wheels and gamepads turns out to be pretty awkward.

I know it's a sucky explanation, but...
You wouldn't go and try playing golf with a basketball, would you?
The last three games proved, that a steering a system that works both for steering wheels and gamepads turns out to be pretty awkward.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. And i know it's best to play racing games with a steering wheel. I'm just your average lazy, casual gamer that loves F1 and the games. I don't have the money, space or willpower to invest in a proper racing system, that's why I play with a gamepad. And I think there are many like me. But maybe not enough to outnumber the players who play with a proper racing setup. Just saying.

This is an F1 game, game with cars, if you want to be faster you must have a wheel!!! the cars have whells!! last year those with controller were much faster that those who had wheel and this thing was stupid! Many users spended 300, 400, 500 euro for a good wheel in order to be faster, an someone spend 30 euro on a controller and were much faster! it wasn't fair! now is fair!

This is an F1 game, game with cars, if you want to be faster you must have a wheel!!! the cars have whells!! last year those with controller were much faster that those who had wheel and this thing was stupid! Many users spended 300, 400, 500 euro for a good wheel in order to be faster, an someone spend 30 euro on a controller and were much faster! it wasn't fair! now is fair!
That still doesn't explain whyTC seams to have no effect like in 2012 game. It's not hardware thing it's software thing.

I have the same problem using a PS3 controller emulated to a Xbox 360 controller, it feels like I'm playing a Rally Racing game. Guess they should have called it F1 2013 - Kimi Räikkönen Edition:roflmao:. Seriously, I hope they fix this in a patch as it is making the game which I paid a lot of money for, not very enjoyable to play!:(

I'm slowly getting there with the throttle on the gamepad. A couple of low grip traction areas can give a problem (first corner and chicane in the last sector at Nurburgring for example) but you have to be pretty delicate with it. Getting it right is a nice feeling though

• Deleted member 90535

I have no such problem, but I have a wheel so I'm in a better position with controlling throttle.
I had some problems with it the first day, but now I can manage my throttle quite well and get some good starts. If they want to patch it, please just do it for "Override input device type" gamepad. I don't want them to touch anything for wheel users and give me understeer again. It is much better that 2012 and it should stay that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a 360 pad for my PC version and I agree, the throttle and brake seem too sensitive...but its manageable. In 2012 I did modify the linearity and saturation values for my pad and got it working just right for me by setting controller to "custom" and adjusting values in the options. Try doing that to get it right for you. There is a bit of trial and error involved as you might imagine.

I'm finding the throttle very sensitive this using the DFGT and in the wet it's very difficult to apply the gas smoothly, whether or not its supposed to be this way I'm not sure or it could be the Logitech pedals not working well with this years game. It doesn't feel feel right to me, it's like throttle linearity should be an option.
I've never used throttle dead zone before but setting to 8% has helped this year, I don't want to TC in the dry or wet as I never had to in previous titles.

Well, I've been playing F1 since 2010, last game,2012, it was difficult..since it was different from 2011, breaking points, handling, everyting...now!! I dont know if its because I could say I have experience...but This game was to simple, when talking about the learning curve...I just took my wheel out..set it up!! and drive..I was able to do 1.21seg @catalunya, in one of my first attempt, this said...this is not difficult at all..

One thing I really dont like...is the lap times!!...C'mon..how come we are doing those times in those tracks..and the real F1 drivers cant!???

Can someone explaing me, why...after a week or soo of the release...why are people doing 1.42 @ belgium GP, 1.08 @brasil??? I would really like a game, where lap times where soo close to real life... is that possible???

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 129 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%